Search

1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default nah... run whatever you want

hyucks,

just my opinion, thats all. thrust bearings are actually available at bearing shops locally as well. but they dunt have time of day to wait for you to describe whut yo want. so if buying thrust bearings ( or wutever bearings) locally, bring a sample and just tell them quantity. hold out the moola. leg it.

i do agree that a conversion seems a little futile, as the number of parts required seems quite ungodly for such a simple kit.
what i envisioned to be a quick and painless conversion has actually bought me enuff bits to make another f103

oh well...

i guess its not too bad an idea if you wanna get a TRF f103 to start off with instead of modding a stock f103 to specs.

cheerio!
-alexander

Originally Posted by Alfie
Won't argue with this pointer. It holds true to a certain degree.

However, there are not much lateral movement to wear the bearing or the differential assembly out, once you tighten the nut.

A safer bet is to run with the 1150 bearing. If it wears out, then get a new replacement. The Tamiya Thrust Bearing is simply hard to get, so I won't trouble myself for such a small item. Besides, I'm sure most of us here who have been around for ages, should have some spare 1150 bearings in our pit boxes.

No offence, Alex.
Alfie
Old 04-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Cheers Alex.

I didn't know that Thrust BEarings are available for sale at the bearing shops as well. That's something new to me.

Well, you should keep those extra parts that you have accumulated throughout the project, in case if you broke something along the way.

By the way, if you need a Tamiya FRP chassis for F103 (F1 version, with the tapered design), I have it and not needing it as I have completed my recent F103 project. It's not exactly brand new, has scratches, worthy for running if you intend to run your F103. I can take $10 for that piece of chassis, if you'd like.

Alfie

Originally Posted by foampervert
hyucks,

just my opinion, thats all. thrust bearings are actually available at bearing shops locally as well. but they dunt have time of day to wait for you to describe whut yo want. so if buying thrust bearings ( or wutever bearings) locally, bring a sample and just tell them quantity. hold out the moola. leg it.

i do agree that a conversion seems a little futile, as the number of parts required seems quite ungodly for such a simple kit.
what i envisioned to be a quick and painless conversion has actually bought me enuff bits to make another f103

oh well...

i guess its not too bad an idea if you wanna get a TRF f103 to start off with instead of modding a stock f103 to specs.

cheerio!
-alexander
Old 04-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default chassis?

hiya Alfie,

thanks for the offer, i actually made a F-1 style graphite chassis of my own for me trusty f103 f-1, quite easy, was thinking of doing the same for the GT, but i don't have a template. unless any kind souls out there who have converted to the graphite chassis wanna lend me your FRP one for a couple of weeks?

i'm thinking of broadening the steering servo area so i can lie it down like the old TRF LM chassis.
i'm just not too keen on cutting servo cases, thanks Tamiya... brilliant work there...grrr.

anyways, i'll see ya around!

ciao!
-alexander

Cheers Alex.

I didn't know that Thrust BEarings are available for sale at the bearing shops as well. That's something new to me.

Well, you should keep those extra parts that you have accumulated throughout the project, in case if you broke something along the way.

By the way, if you need a Tamiya FRP chassis for F103 (F1 version, with the tapered design), I have it and not needing it as I have completed my recent F103 project. It's not exactly brand new, has scratches, worthy for running if you intend to run your F103. I can take $10 for that piece of chassis, if you'd like.

Alfie
Old 04-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey dude, how bout this? then you dun need to cut off the servo ears

seems preety easy to replicate.....

Old 04-29-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default kawada

just found a pan car that fits a stick pack...

6 cells

Old 04-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by overtki11

Are you guys ordering this part for the servo?
Old 04-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Where do you order for? I want to get the chassis as well.

Alfie

Originally Posted by pole_position
Are you guys ordering this part for the servo?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i think i will be making my own...wont be as chio but it'll serve its purpose....
Old 04-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pininfarina
just found a pan car that fits a stick pack...

6 cells

oh this is the kawada M300RSR if im not wrong, u can get this kit at BK.. selling ard 250?... err..abit ex consider the stuff that comes with the kit....
Old 04-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

hyucks,

oh well...

cheerio!
-alexander
thanks for all the ppls who have input, i have found more inspiration to play F1. when F103 was hot back then, i bought everything hopped up for F103 and fix my own 'TRF' version, but it was painful, F103 was replace by F201.. .. but it has come back to life again!!.. currently convert my F103RS to F103LM, the LM CF chassis looks so much better than the $$ killer 5mm F1 chassis ..have F103GT built but haven made its maiden trip.. aaha.. nid to get more stick pack
Old 04-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

hyucks,

oh well...

cheerio!
-alexander
thats wat i have in mind of conversion when the F103GT juz launched as i have 2 F103.. after several consideration and advices i stick on buying a new F103GT, no regrets .. the F103GT and F103RS are juz different..
Old 05-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by overtki11

i think this is the one u toking abt: Tech Racing CPC Rod Unit for Tamiya F103-GT. Parts TGT130

Requires TGT110 Damper Stay

cost US$37

Tech Racing Carbon Damper Mount for Tamiya F103-GT. Parts TGT110

cost US$13.50
Attached Thumbnails 1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars-cpc.jpg   1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars-cpc-mount.jpg  
Old 05-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Where do you order for? I want to get the chassis as well.

Alfie
Ebay Jason Store has the chassis and the rod unit.. prices and shipping are reasonable
Old 05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Tech Racing CPC Rod Unit for Tamiya F103-GT. Parts TGT130

This item requires the Tech Racing F103GT Carbon Graphite Chassis.

I cannot find it anywhere for sale.
Alfie

Originally Posted by ses414
Ebay Jason Store has the chassis and the rod unit.. prices and shipping are reasonable
Old 10-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Addict

its been long time since the last reply of this thread.. im sure they are stil some who had/play 1/12th.. hope to c some pictures and posts!!..