Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 12-08-2020, 06:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Where do people with 1/8 nitro or ep off-road buggy or truggy play in sg?

Any info on the track at turf city?
Do they accept nitro 1/8 scale or EP 1/8 scale off-road?

Thank you.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Newbie here,
Rolling XV-01 with some Hop-up and M05 standard
Hope can share and discuss more about it
Old 04-11-2021, 05:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone,

I am seeking assistance in understanding the value of RC cars as I have zero knowledge of them.
I have 7 RC's with me that was left by my father.
If anyone is kind to help me on this matter, It would mean a lot.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2021, 11:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello there,

I would like to ask for some buying advice for an electric brushless off road RC car. I played with RC Cars when I was much younger (Tamiya Hornet and Toyota Celica) and would very much like to get back into it. I quite like the Kyosho Inferno neo 3.0VE, but this is based purely on budget and brand recognition. I don't really know enough about the build quality in comparison to the other car in the similar price bracket. I would like to run the car in forest terrain and on gravel. Any advise here is greatly appreciated. Thank you .

Kind regards.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alessa
Hello everyone,

I am seeking assistance in understanding the value of RC cars as I have zero knowledge of them.
I have 7 RC's with me that was left by my father.
If anyone is kind to help me on this matter, It would mean a lot.

Thanks!
Put up photos and any brand names
Old 06-05-2021, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dummyRC00
Hello there,

I would like to ask for some buying advice for an electric brushless off road RC car. I played with RC Cars when I was much younger (Tamiya Hornet and Toyota Celica) and would very much like to get back into it. I quite like the Kyosho Inferno neo 3.0VE, but this is based purely on budget and brand recognition. I don't really know enough about the build quality in comparison to the other car in the similar price bracket. I would like to run the car in forest terrain and on gravel. Any advise here is greatly appreciated. Thank you .

Kind regards.
Pls state yr budget. Do note that since you wanna get hobby grade rc, that means you need to have the necessary tools to make any repairs.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rc Hot wheel, need help

ive got one of the hotwheel cybertruck rc cars, and the left wheel seems to be grinding on something, and makes a weird noise/feeling when trying to spin. it dosent have the smooth roll like the right wheel, it feels like scrolling a mouse.
ive opend it up, and nothing worked, i blew air in, and tried picking at the gears, anyone have the same problem, or able to help with it?
Old 06-08-2021, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr.Person
ive got one of the hotwheel cybertruck rc cars, and the left wheel seems to be grinding on something, and makes a weird noise/feeling when trying to spin. it dosent have the smooth roll like the right wheel, it feels like scrolling a mouse.
ive opend it up, and nothing worked, i blew air in, and tried picking at the gears, anyone have the same problem, or able to help with it?
Post a video? If it has a wheel bearing, the bearing might be seized.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to rc need some advie

Just went to my first race at Thunder Alley in Lucama and it was awesome. I want to get started and really like the buggys. I need some advice on what would be a good to start with, the 1/8 scale or 1/10 scale, 2wd or 4wd. I have a tiny bit experience with traxxas years ago. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Blalock
Just went to my first race at Thunder Alley in Lucama and it was awesome. I want to get started and really like the buggys. I need some advice on what would be a good to start with, the 1/8 scale or 1/10 scale, 2wd or 4wd. I have a tiny bit experience with traxxas years ago. Thanks in advance.
Thunder Alley? That's in USA right? As usual, go to the tracks near you and take a look and see what platforms are popular there.
start on a brand that's locally supported and where there's fellow brand drivers who are able to advise you when you need.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to RC, advice needed

Hi, I am new to this hobby and would like to get a new on road car. Can anyone help with some recommendations, budget is about $500 to 700? Btw, are there any workshops to learn more in-depth about RC? TIA
Old 06-21-2021, 02:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Byakuya
Hi, I am new to this hobby and would like to get a new on road car. Can anyone help with some recommendations, budget is about $500 to 700? Btw, are there any workshops to learn more in-depth about RC? TIA
500-700 is good for RTR. Either Touring or Drift depending on which u like.
You can go Taising, Swan Models or Urban RC.
Urban RC has a track.
YouTube can provide videos on seeing which u prefer
Old 06-26-2021, 03:06 AM
Tech Rookie

f18 here, im actually looking for someone that wld be willing to potentially meet up to help me out with tuning my touring set up and wld guide me since i would like to race sometime soon. im quite new with the mechanics but i wld say im a decent driver tho i havent actually driven on a track yet so wld probably wanna do that haha
Old 06-26-2021, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mint2605
f18 here, im actually looking for someone that wld be willing to potentially meet up to help me out with tuning my touring set up and wld guide me since i would like to race sometime soon. im quite new with the mechanics but i wld say im a decent driver tho i havent actually driven on a track yet so wld probably wanna do that haha
if you wanna get into racing, you should consider bringing yr car to Urban Playspace and get some track time.
Guys there can offer your guidance.
In yr free time, read and understand how each setting works. i.e Camber, Ride Height, Weight Distribution, wheelbase, Caster, ESC settings etc. These can be a base of you better understanding how a car would react with each change.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

any good place for slightly off road bashing (not long grass) in the bukit panjang/cck area for 1/8 buggies?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.