Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 05-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lamboza
Hi , my friend have this lipo battery which is kind of bloated.. brand is Titanium velociti 5100 mah 28C .. if put on table and spin can reach up to 7 rounds.
shld he still keep this lipo? cos my lipo doesn't have this bloated case and won't spin.

Why is it bloated in the 1st place? normally when a Lipo is bloated, chances are that it's damaged inside so using it is not impossible but just dangerous cause the risk of it exploding is gonna be quite high.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tiffanydunk
hi wad are the signs of low batt? Mine is like car jerking. and why my 1500mah batt fully charged cant even play like for 2mins. using tamiya plug.
How old is the batt? What kind of charger? Try discharging & charging it a few times. Normal Nimh batt should feel warm when fully charged.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Err,

Hi. I was just wondering which charger is better and has overall more functions.

The Tahmazo t15 or the Ex15pro charger. Which one better..?
Old 05-02-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adrictan
Why is it bloated in the 1st place? normally when a Lipo is bloated, chances are that it's damaged inside so using it is not impossible but just dangerous cause the risk of it exploding is gonna be quite high.
Due to overcharged? since he claim to charge at 5A. however.. some says lipo bloated is when u press in the bloated area is kind of squishy .. this batt is still hard in the bloated area.. i myself have not seen those yet.. saw video of this lipo battery and is highly dangerous if not well taken care of.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HarryLeeWD
Hi. I was just wondering which charger is better and has overall more functions.

The Tahmazo t15 or the Ex15pro charger. Which one better..?
i myself using the t15 plus.. is user friendly and has quite alot of functions with built in balancer. able to charge lipos too.

Cheers
Old 05-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Due to overcharged? since he claim to charge at 5A. however.. some says lipo bloated is when u press in the bloated area is kind of squishy .. this batt is still hard in the bloated area.. i myself have not seen those yet.. saw video of this lipo battery and is highly dangerous if not well taken care of.
he charge lipo at 5A? O.O
this is ver wrong. u shld charge lipo at 1C.
is this frien of yours using Nimah mode to charge lipo? lol.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

I am using the same Lipo Battery (Velociti Titanium 5100mAh - 28C). You friend has to select Lipo, select 5100mAh and charge at 2S rate. It will be working. But since it bloated, i think better don't play with it.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jankenpo
he charge lipo at 5A? O.O
this is ver wrong. u shld charge lipo at 1C.
is this frien of yours using Nimah mode to charge lipo? lol.
nope he uses lipo mode .. haha he won't be that dump
Old 05-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Some chargers will limits the among of amps use when u using Lipo mode aka "CC-CV" mode, example DuraTrax ICE..

I believe yr friend who charge at 5amp is either capacity of his/her Lipo is 5000mAh or he/she select the wrong amps for charging..

Bloated maybe due to overcharging and overdischarge of the batt.. Remember to stop using the batt when the recommanded voltage had reached..
Old 05-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kido Seishirou
Some chargers will limits the among of amps use when u using Lipo mode aka "CC-CV" mode, example DuraTrax ICE..

I believe yr friend who charge at 5amp is either capacity of his/her Lipo is 5000mAh or he/she select the wrong amps for charging..

Bloated maybe due to overcharging and overdischarge of the batt.. Remember to stop using the batt when the recommanded voltage had reached..
his lipo is 5100mah. i am curious how does the bloated lipo feels or look like ?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by adrictan
How old is the batt? What kind of charger? Try discharging & charging it a few times. Normal Nimh batt should feel warm when fully charged.
i think it's like 2yrs or so. got it 2nd hand. but usually how long can a 1500mah batt last? and im using the big black fast charger, how do i discharge?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

~Double post~
Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maruthi
Hi people out there, i just bought a team magic model RTR G4 JR.It is my first car.Can anybody advise me on how should i take care of my car as well the pros and cons about it.Thanks!
First, DON"T CRASH YOUR CAR! (just joking)

But to all nitro cars, whether onroad or offroad, i guess the engine and air filter are important.

But to me, everything is equally important when you are running your car. Servos, diffs and brakes, just to name a few. Sooner or later you would want to change your TX and RX. The RTR's is very basic, and running on AM 27mHz.

And remember to tighten all your screws and nuts. You wouldn't want your car to disintegrate while going into a turn.

Pros and Cons, I can only think of one. You can only play GP cars at designated place. HDBs and Condos are a big no no...

So have fun with your new car!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default esc

Hi, i'm using the Novak Ra-16 rx/esc thats on my mini inferno, i would like to upgrade the motor, but don't know whats the limit for it. Anybody know what's the limit for the esc?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool Full ball bearings

Hi bros.. does any1 here knows of anywhere i cud get a range of full ball bearings? dun hv to be branded ones. thnx.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.