Christmas Tree type finals
57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 01:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello F&K, how are you doing today?

Thanks for your suggestion, I can certainly bring it up at the upcoming committee meeting. I did hear that they will follow the international rules and allow sponge tires, but didn't remember them saying anything about body shell. However, the ISTC (International Scale Touring Class) is as it says, Touring Cars, the Lola is not exactly a Touring Car. I remember that there is even a rule that dictate that the Touring Car can only have 2 doors, 4 door bodies are not allowed - I've never seen this rule being enforced here.

Thanks & Best Regards
Old 01-17-2002, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

...eeeeee.....
I thought the rule on touring car body is only 4 doors not 2 doors?????
Old 01-17-2002, 03:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by phlim
Hello F&K, how are you doing today?

Thanks for your suggestion, I can certainly bring it up at the upcoming committee meeting. I did hear that they will follow the international rules and allow sponge tires, but didn't remember them saying anything about body shell. However, the ISTC (International Scale Touring Class) is as it says, Touring Cars, the Lola is not exactly a Touring Car. I remember that there is even a rule that dictate that the Touring Car can only have 2 doors, 4 door bodies are not allowed - I've never seen this rule being enforced here.

Thanks & Best Regards
Yeah, the IFMAR rules does not include the outlaw class, that is the class the LOLA is in... But it is very popular everywhere else in the world other that Singapore... anyway, I guess the event organisers have their reasons for doing that...

But the IFMAR rules do state that foam tires could be used... Minimum of 24mm and a max of 26mm. Till now, as far as I know, only the serpent guys have converted to foams... And the rest of the crowd are still running rubber... hope this would shed some light on what additional points you are gona bringing up in your next committee meeting....
Old 01-17-2002, 03:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Nipple
...eeeeee.....
2 doors are included too... just the size if the windows are limited... the front vent is controlled too...
Old 01-17-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

From what I understand under the IFMAR regulation only allows 200mm 4 door touring sedan are allow for 1/10 Nitro and 190mm for electirc touring.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:05 AM
Fit
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

For the 27th Jan. race at MPCC, are we allowed to use the power points at the CC?
Thanks.
Old 01-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Pwr Pt. & 4dr bodies

Fit: Yes, you are allowed to use the power points along the walls.

JoeHwee: You are right, it has to be 4 doors.

The PM is having a dialogue downstairs in the theatrette on Saturday. We will still proceed with the laying of our track, just a friendly advice that security would be pronounced. So, if you plan to come by for practice, just take note.

Old 01-21-2002, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

phlim

so wats the stand on using foam tyres for the coming 1/10 gas races?
how abt the width of the rims allowed? 24mm? 26mm? or even 32mm?
Old 01-23-2002, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry hurhur, I am still checking this with the Race Director, I'll revert once I got a answer for you.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Upcoming Races

1/10th ISTC Electric Cars on this Sunday, 27th January 2002. Your support and participation would be most appreciated. We will start to lay the track from 7pm on 26th Sat., there is an official event in the lobby, so watch out for the extra security.

1/10th ISTC Gas Cars on the following Sunday, 3rd February 2002, is cancelled in support of the Toykar's Open event at Turf City. Any inconvenience cause is regretted. Your support and participation at our next race (7th April) would be most appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards
Old 01-23-2002, 01:34 AM
F&K
Tech Adept

What sort of event is Toykar having there? If it is a race can we take part?
Old 01-23-2002, 02:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

What I heard from SK and Wui Kiat, it is a 1/10 ISTC Gas car event. You may want to check your sources too.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Nipple
...eeeeee.....
additional to that, isn't it true that certain 4 doors bodyshells only approved by IFMAR?
Old 01-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

rule book would settle that bodyshell issue for us ... ROAR, who implement IFMAR races in the US have these - http://www.roarracing.com/products/index.htm - to guide participants.

the big question is how far in the rule book are the organizers willing to go and how strict will they be ... chances are no matter how extensive your information campaign is, there will be one or two who will come to the race with a MODENA or like. Will you send them away?

Last edited by stik; 01-23-2002 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello everyone, the word we use is "localisation".

At the end of the day, it is what works locally that counts. Juz like your example, we got one out of the whole lot that came with a Modena, is he gaining any advantage with the body? Not that I know of. So, let him race. But, one day, if we run an internationally sanction event, or if anyone of you joins an internationally sanction event, it would be best that you all know of the international rules - which I am sure you all know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.