Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JETT - Yep, front and back - After seeing that I was using them Jilles switched to gear diffs also front/back (should have kept my car better hidden..lol). I ran the stock Yokomo oil in the rear and Shepherd 250k in the front. I just built them out of the package and ran them. No special shimming or break-in or anything to stop leaking. The Yokomo diffs are extremely good!! I tried some different front oils (200k, 250k and 300k) but prefered the 250k the best. Never tested with the rear oil. I haven't run anything other than Mod so I'm not sure if a different combo would be better for 17.5.

Alf - No problem, glad you had fun!!

syndrome:

TC:

Speed Passion 1s Motor - 5.5
Speed Passion ESC
Protoform LTC-R
Ko Propo Eurus Radio
SXT 3.0 Traction

12th:

Speed Passion 1s Motor - 3.5
Protoform AMR-12
Parma Tires
Ko Propo Eurus Radio
SXT 3.0 Traction

WGT:

Motor - Ran 4 different ones in qualifying..lol... Main - Team OHP Duo 3 (Didn't have rotor/gear/speedo sorted for Speed Passion 1s motor)
Battery - SMC 5600
Protoform Sophia
Ko Propo Eurus Radio
SXT 3.0 Traction
Old 02-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks Josh, got your info updated.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Update again...lol... I used a KO speedo in Mod 1/12 - Speed Passion in TC and a Tekin in WGT!!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Update again...lol... I used a KO speedo in Mod 1/12 - Speed Passion in TC and a Tekin in WGT!!
Ah, okay, better now?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Yep!!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Josh how did the esc's compare.
What's your opinion regarding their pro's + cons and speed+power they deliver.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

PizzaDude - The Speed Passion speedo is very smooth, easy to drive with good power and really good brakes so that's why I choose it for TC rubber tire. In 1/12, the combination I have with KO is very precise with the drag brake and massive bottom end which is key for me and my timing to drive a 1/12 Mod car the way I have the past 1-2 years. I've had as much top speed as the others but with way more bottom end and no worries about run time or thermal shut down as I've seen from other 1/12 Mod racers. In anything 13.5-21.5 boosted whether it's oval or on-road, Tekin has pretty much ruled everything the past year +. Honestly, all these companies have done a lot of work since I've tested each other's speed controls in the different classes. Back a year ago, these were the best in these classes when I tested and I haven't tried to cross test since. Really, it's more just about getting the feel/power you need and really it's evident by what all the racers use in the different classes. Different companies have focused their efforts in different areas or their products have just worked better in some vs others so it's really just about putting the best package together.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

PizzaDude - The Speed Passion speedo is very smooth, easy to drive with good power and really good brakes so that's why I choose it for TC rubber tire. In 1/12, the combination I have with KO is very precise with the drag brake and massive bottom end which is key for me and my timing to drive a 1/12 Mod car the way I have the past 1-2 years. I've had as much top speed as the others but with way more bottom end and no worries about run time or thermal shut down as I've seen from other 1/12 Mod racers. In anything 13.5-21.5 boosted whether it's oval or on-road, Tekin has pretty much ruled everything the past year +. Honestly, all these companies have done a lot of work since I've tested each other's speed controls in the different classes. Back a year ago, these were the best in these classes when I tested and I haven't tried to cross test since. Really, it's more just about getting the feel/power you need and really it's evident by what all the racers use in the different classes. Different companies have focused their efforts in different areas or their products have just worked better in some vs others so it's really just about putting the best package together.
Thanks Josh for the in-depth answer. Great.
I agree that also a lot comes down to personal taste/feel with the electronics.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:17 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Josh
Did you have the chance for getting picture of your world gt car?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Here are the pictures of my 1/12 and WGT from the mains at the Birds. I was trying to get our new photo booth set-up but these are pics that Angel took at the race.

I will also be at the ROAR Nats at Timezone!! I wasn't sure if I was going to make it out there but it looks like I'll be there. If anyone needs anything before or at the race feel free to let me know!!
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-12th-1.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-12th-2.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-wgt-1.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-wgt-2.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi Josh,

Congrats on your results. New car looks interesting!

Just wondering why you chose the 1S motor for TC? Was it smoother, cooler and/or had more top end? Just interested in the difference in characteristics compared to the standard V3 motor and why you chose it. Also please let us know what SP software and settings you used if possible.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

veecee - The 1s motor was faster but ran cooler also. I wouldn't say it was smoother but had a different feeling which I really liked. In my testing at MSI (indoor carpet track) the 1s motor for me was about .1-.15 per lap faster on a 9-10 second a lap track. Also, the 1s motor is a little lighter than the standard motor so it also improved the handling and balance of the car. I ran a 5.5 1s at the Snowbirds with the stock rotor that it comes with. I plan on running a 4.5 at Timezone for the Nats as the track is bigger so I'll need more power than I had at the Birds for sure. Not sure on the rotor selection as I'll have to do some testing to see what I like. Speed control settings, I don't remember exactly but I'll post them probably tomorrow after I'm back from the off-road track testing 1/8 nitro.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I'm back from the off-road track testing 1/8 nitro.
Running some snowcross Josh?

Great run's at birds.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

what up josh two questions for you

you driving or flying to motorama

and are you pitting somewhere special or do you want to be with other agama drivers ..

shoot me a text

smyka
Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Running some snowcross Josh?

Great run's at birds.
Or getting ready to jump something if this snow would go away...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.