Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
I have edited my post. If yokomo ant3 could edit there post, Thanks. My intent was not to reveal your prototype, but more to show there is a solution coming. There has been several weeks(or months) with no response of bowing issue. I have 2 CEFX evolution's, and both have bowing issue. I even just bought the new flexi chassis with same issue. Im not saying it hurts the handleing, its just something you gotta get used to. If you hit a wall hard, over the knee it goes.

So again I apoligize.
I am not sure where you read I "dont" have a bowing issue. As you can see from pics above. I do have a problem with chassis and mounts. To be quite honest, I have had nothing but good results from the evo so far. I like the car. I know I posted a pic of your prototype car and that made you upset. Well, what about us evo owners who have been waiting for your response for months? I thought the prototype was a fix for the problem.

It states on your website that you dont always get the emails, due to your race schedule or something like that. So why would someone send you an email about chassis? You have avoided posting in this thread for months. I for one, thought you just dont communicate via email or RCTech.

This is the what your website says- "Josh leaves for races on a regular basis & if he is gone, your e-mail WILL go unanswered by anyone until he returns & then could be accidentally overlooked in his overflowing e-mail box. "

Last edited by Jamison R; 02-15-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Josh,I will be posting 2 chassis and parts back to you to have look at.They may take awhile to get to you as I live in Australia.They both have the same problems as photo's above.I sanded the spur gear mount down before assembly (as you will see when you receive them)
Old 02-15-2011, 02:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
KingKarate - You posted that your car has no bow so what good would that do me?? I'm looking to find mount/motor plates that are indeed bent or something I can find to be the source of the problem. I have two straight Evo cars here that don't have this problem and really I don't need a third.
I have ordered 2 evo kits with all extra parts(shock towers, lipo locators, etc etc). I have praised your ability as a car designer. I have had people at my local track buy CEFX conversions due to my continuos praising(bragging) about how well the car works. And this is the response I get from you? Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Handleing problems caused by a bowed chassis.....Set your ride height to 5.5mm at the front and rear at 6mm so you should have about 4mm middle of the chassis.Run it over a small bump on your track with your 13.5 turn at full boost and watch it leap 1 meters in air and land 10 meters down the track in broken mess.Thats how we found out we had chassis problem
Old 02-15-2011, 03:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It looks to me like its the mounts. I took the chassis apart and found that the mounts are bent. The chassis is flat now. The other car(which i recently sold to a friend) is the same way.

Im just gonna order new mounts for both cars. Hopefully the are straight. I know it may have been my fault as well. I have hit a few walls pretty hard with both cars, but nothing i havent done in other touring cars without problem.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

^^^^ I wouldn't bother buying new one's.My new ones were straight as I cheaked them with a steel ruler before installing them and it didn't take much to bend them from new,about 80 laps around our track and never raced
Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

+1 here
I 've checked the mounts and same issue!
We Now know those 2 pieces cause the trouble Can we have a Solution for this please...
We all love this car and don't want to go for any other make of Car...
I know Josh will come up with a new improved version of these mounts...
Old 02-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post8646576

Roller-new chassis and motor mount with no bow. for sale
King - This is where I took that your car had no bow!! I don't frequent RCTech because CEFX is a 2 person show and I used to spend so much time on here with the same stuff over and over. I don't have time to spend every minute on here replying to each one of you plus do all the work I have to here.

If you guys have a problem, e-mail either myself - [email protected] or [email protected] - Angel posted this on the shopping site because most people who would order off the site would send ME ([email protected]) a question about their order and I would either be gone and/or do not handle anything with packaging/filling the orders other than driving them off to UPS or USPS. Order questions need to go to Angel, support questions need to come to me - It's simple.

As far as avoiding this - I HAVEN'T SEEN A PROBLEM via picture or in my hands. Your posted pic is the first I've seen a motor plate look like this. How can I try to solve a problem when I don't even know what exactly it is to solve?? Seriously. I don't have it and I haven't seen a motor plate like this to know.

By all means, send the bent plates back and I will send you a replacement. I can not garantee this won't happen again if you are in a hard impact. I can at least get you a free replacement and have the problem in my hands to check out and change the design of the part for the next batch to be made.

My father works in a machine shop. Since these parts are bending and not cracking/shattering I will do some research into getting these heat treated so they are harder and will not bend. I will have to check with a company to do this and possibly make a fixture so these parts are solid during this process so they don't warp or bend. If this isn't possible, I'll again make a fixture with my dad so we can take a dust cut off the bottom on a surface grinder to make them perfectly flat...... I have no problem accepting there is a problem and fixing it but I need to have the problem in hand so I can make a solution.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Everyone - Save money on the postage and don't send back the chassis or other parts. CEFX WILL NOT PAY POSTAGE TO SEND YOU ALL OF YOUR CAR/PARTS BACK!!! Just send the motor plates/mount plates and we will send you replacements. I'll update everyone asap about the heat treaded ones as soon as I have that sorted out.

Just so you guys know, I've run the same mount/motor plates on my Evo since the WC in Germany. I know the problem comes from crashing. All the inventory we have in stock here is straight as I've gone through them all....
Old 02-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Could these 2 parts be made of a higher quality metal such as titanium or carbide? What about the type of steel bearing races r made of? I know if it was put in a hard strain it would crack instead of bend but atleast then we know we did it without question.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

hey josh.. i am trying to order a couple things from ur site but its not letting me.. what do i have to do im am trying to get it here for the weekend
Old 02-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Blue Screw - www.cefxspeedshop.net - ?? The .com site is the new one underconstruction so don't use this one. If you are having trouble, try logging out and then back in. As far as I know everything should be up and running but I'll check with Angel if there's a problem with it.

jflx - Titanium I don't think would be a good choice as it's soft and will probably bend just as or easier. Carbide?? I'm guessing that would be super expensive and probably shatter. We use carbide tooling to cut the graphite and they are super easy to snap if used incorrectly. The best choice will be a heat treat for what we have now and a re-design part that fills in the area between the motor mounting slots and the holes for the graphite mount.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Cool i had a cefx and loved it indoor but wasnt willing to mess up chassis outdoors. By buddy still has his and will need new parts soon. His is bowed also
Old 02-15-2011, 09:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I see how the for sale thread could have been misleading.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

re-design pls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.