Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

KingKarate - Thank you for being kind enough to do as other people at the event, you know - Ask for permission to take a picture of an early prototype car..... I had declined several others from taking pics of the car but yet you felt the need to take a picture and post it. There was a reason it spent most of the weekend under the table or with the body on it as I did not want pictures taken. Thanks....

yokmad - The bowing problem I do not have myself. Yes, I have seen some racers at our local track with this and all we can possibly put it down to is a problem with the motor plate/mount plates. If you have this problem (anyone out there) please send them back to us, I will inspect them and replace them. I am going to go through the current parts we have in stock here to weed out any bad plates to see if they can be fixed or just need to be trashed.

YokomoAnt3 - It's more simple with a lot less screws but honestly a pain to work on diffs/belts....

locked - The car was several different cars - Yokomo gear diffs. TOP suspension mounts, plastic suspension parts, center pulley, bumper and body posts. Tamiya shocks, steering arms, drive shafts and ball cups/studs.

Khador12 - None of the changes were to fix any bowing problem. We still use the same CEFX Evo bulkheads, motor mounting parts but with a thin 2mm chassis with a 2mm graphite spacer to raise everything. It gives me a different combination of roll center, diff height, motor height and center shaft height to test with.

Again, this is a very early prototype car - I cut this car the Friday before I left for the Birds. It was built Saturday morning and taken to MSI for about 6-7 batteries of testing. I brought it home, rebuilt it and made a few set-up changes and it was packed up to bring to the Snowbirds. I ran approx. 7-8 practice runs at the race in total plus the qualifiers and the main so really the car has barely even seen 20 packs of running. This again is why I didn't want pictures as there is a good chance more will change before it's released.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I have edited my post. If yokomo ant3 could edit there post, Thanks. My intent was not to reveal your prototype, but more to show there is a solution coming. There has been several weeks(or months) with no response of bowing issue. I have 2 CEFX evolution's, and both have bowing issue. I even just bought the new flexi chassis with same issue. Im not saying it hurts the handleing, its just something you gotta get used to. If you hit a wall hard, over the knee it goes.

So again I apoligize.

Last edited by Jamison R; 02-02-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Josh could you please post on here when you have gone through all your motor plates. I will buy another one of these kits then as I sold the one I had due to the bowing issues. Thanks for getting it taken care of, they are very cool cars.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hello Josh,

Hope all is well for you and the family. Congrats on the top finishes at the snowbirds. I've been running the Phoenix recently with a 1s Lipo saddle (I'm old and still prefer a T-Bar design) but need to move to a spring chassis for the upcoming electric nats at my home track, Jackson RC in NJ. Having a hard time navigating the website...which one do I use as there are 2 different prices for your new 1/12th scale on the cefxsp.....con and cefxsp....net sites (sorry, just didn't fell like typing it completely.

Also, I'm having issues running 13.5 with a BMC1.5 speedo that even with maximum settings, appears to be at disadvantage versus the Tekins. Any advice, as I'm loyal to KO.

Feel free to send me an e-mail at work ([email protected]) as I'd like to start getting a new chassis ready ASAP.

Best Regards,
Carl Giordano
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-cefx2.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-cefx1.jpg  
Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Josh that the prototype is shown to everybody is not a problem. Linux is open and all the info is on teh internet, even the Alpha releases.
Everybody nows that there comes changes and improvements.
I like to see a car develp along the way.

Carl Giordano, I don't now if there comes an update for the speedo but here are no drivers using there speedo any more.
To keep up with the Tekin you have 3 choices.
1 Get a Tekin
2 get a GM
3 go drive mod class.

I have some club members that still have there speedo but don't use it because they can't keep up with the rest.
Here GM and Tekin are dominating the races.

I have used several speedo's and in the time of the SPX i wanted to buy a BMC. I didn't do it because I got a GM to ttry it with the new software.
I was a LRP user and when the SXX ss came I bought that one (big mistacke).
I used my GM for a long time. Than i met a driver that had a Tekin.
I tried it and it was a s fast as my GM but much easier to use. It was also smaller so I bought one. I love it and I'm using it now in mod and stock.
I still have my GM and I will never sell it because it is also a great speedo.

The BMC is a great speedo. I tried it and it was running verry good but now it is to slow. I hope that they will make it faster. Than I buy one right away.
For now i go for Tekin and GM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I have a feeling that car josh ran at the birds is not goin to have his name on it. Or else he would have bein letting us know about it on tech . Whens the last time he came on the evo thread? Cefx is gone. Its a awesome design. But josh jumps ship quck to back his old designs.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

I live in UK sending parts back to US is a big pain and I havent got any spares
That New (old type)Top deck Idea should Cure Bowing Issue Could you Please Cut and Sell those top decks Josh If possible ?
Hope to hear from you soon...
Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

King - Thanks for taking the pics down. I have been quite ill the past 2-3 months (everyone can confirm at the Birds hearing me talk and cough all week). With tons of e-mails, facebook, hobbytalk and somehow tons of people got my cell phone # it's been simply impossible to keep up with rctech and all these other places. Remember, CEFX is 2.... Count 'em... 2 people. Myself and my wife Angel. We handle the Shepherd Micro Racing sales in the US as well as the CEFX sales and production around the world. Every single piece of graphite that goes into a package from CEFX passes through my hands. This past year has been a huge year of growth for us so we simply don't have the help here that we need to keep up. Trust me, we are trying and hopefully will have a lot more freedom to upgrade the company in the next year.

sprintcarracer - I'll work on it today as soon as we get our oldest off to school. I took yesterday off as I was exausted from driving home from the Birds and enjoyed the first B-day at home in years!!

Carl - You want to order off the .net site (it has the lower price anyway). As soon as we are caught up on orders, we are working on the .com site and soon the two (.net and .com) will be merged with hopefully a much better shopping experience. The KO is a great speedo in 1/12 Mod - I've used it to win every 1/12 race but the WC for over a year now but they don't have the software to run with a Tekin in the "boosted" classes. I would suggest just getting a Tekin and being done with it...lol...

jfx - Again - It was a prototype!! We still have stock of Evo chassis and parts so I did not want it out yet. It also has a few different features that have not been used by other mfg's and I wanted to keep it quiet. I still have plans on testing some of the other items on/with the current Evo as this was just a big swing at a test car since I didn't have time to do a lot of testing.

CEFX is very alive and well so I'm not sure where your "CEFX is gone" comment is coming from. We've had the best year in car sales ever for us. We now have t-shirts, decals as well as CEFX banners. We supported HCOT and BRL series here in the US (oval racing) as well as sponsored the Birds. Other than the WC in Germany, I've been undefeated in 1/12 Mod for over a year now with back to back Snowbirds TQ and Wins. I have no interest in racing for another car mfg. Yes, we do engineering and graphite mfg for other companies (like the new TOP Chassis used by their team at the Birds) but my main focus is still on CEFX and furthering our development and product line. Most importantly to get our cars into full kits like I know all of you want from us. Just because I don't spend all day on RCTech doesn't mean CEFX is gone - It means CEFX is small and I can't do the other work needed if I spend all my time here...

Last edited by Josh Cyrul; 02-03-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

yokemad - With the top deck, you would need a new pulley mount otherwise the belt will run right into the top deck. Also, I haven't checked anything about the steering - How are you going to put the steering in an Evo without the front top deck?? I modified old Tamiya steering parts (415) for my car and cut the graphite steering plate. I don't think the current Tamiya parts will fit in the car as the steering would hit the back of the bulkhead or the ball stud height is off... Again, prototype and why I did not have this ready for release....
Old 02-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Cool i hope to see u do well with it. I had photons got cefx kits and couldnt find any real help to make proper baseline setups photon setups /changes didnt work the same. So cause of laxk of support/bowing issue i went back to photon.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

jlfx - This goes for yourself or anyone out there - It's hard for me to keep up with so many different places to cover everything and everyone. If you are looking for support or have a problem please e-mail me at [email protected]. Especially if you are having a problem with a CEFX product, I want/need to know about it so I can get it fixed and stop more from heading out the door. I had not even heard about the bowing problem until I was up at our local track a few months ago and then just reciently seen it up on here. Mind you, this was 6-8 months past the release of the Evo and thought it was just a few isolated people (now I'm hearing more and more).
Old 02-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Thanx for the info Josh
You can hear more Bowing issue that Might be because of deformation on the CF after 8 months of usage?
Is it possible ?

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
jlfx - This goes for yourself or anyone out there - It's hard for me to keep up with so many different places to cover everything and everyone. If you are looking for support or have a problem please e-mail me at [email protected]. Especially if you are having a problem with a CEFX product, I want/need to know about it so I can get it fixed and stop more from heading out the door. I had not even heard about the bowing problem until I was up at our local track a few months ago and then just reciently seen it up on here. Mind you, this was 6-8 months past the release of the Evo and thought it was just a few isolated people (now I'm hearing more and more).
Old 02-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

yokemad - I don't think it's the chassis as someone else posted that they switched to the new chassis and it did the same immediatly. I have heard from others about the motor plate/mount plate being warped and they sanded them which fixed the problem a little. My concern with this is they are sanding the bottom so that is flat but the screw holes are still out of alighnment so the countersinks of the screws are creating the problem with the chassis. This is why I am going through the motor plates and I will pull out the good ones and probably trash the rest. If we can straighten them (a specialty of the machine shop my father works at) then we will try but only if we can do it so they are straight and look nice with the screws in the correct tolerance.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Josh-

Great runs at the birds, hope you are getting over the illness. I'm home now and sick too.

Care to share with us how you setup your Futaba charger for charging lipo? Didn't take a close look as I was always busy prepping my own cars but were you charging your 2S packs with it too?

Thanks!
Sorry Josh, I know you had BS to deal with first. But inquiring minds would love to know! You can just PM me the info if you don't wanna clog up your thread further.

-Pete
Old 02-03-2011, 10:50 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Are there pictures available from the Griffin 10 WGT car at the Snowbirds or is this secret also?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.