Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

@ cosworth
Did you notice any difference between the 13mm and the standard 12.5mm rotor?

I am looking towards the 12.3mm myself because i drive on big tracks and need all the rpm's i can get but i am getting confused as it says on the website that the 12.3mm is stock legal rotor. So does the 10.5t redline motor come with a 12.5mm or 12.3mm rotor? ( i thought it came with 12.5mm)
Old 08-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
@ cosworth
Did you notice any difference between the 13mm and the standard 12.5mm rotor?

I am looking towards the 12.3mm myself because i drive on big tracks and need all the rpm's i can get but i am getting confused as it says on the website that the 12.3mm is stock legal rotor. So does the 10.5t redline motor come with a 12.5mm or 12.3mm rotor? ( i thought it came with 12.5mm)
It comes with a 12.5mm rotor. I use a 13mm rotor because the track i race at is relativley small so i want as mush punch and torque as possible because alot of the track it is piont and squirt. I did notice a difference. The 13mm rotor gets to it's top RPM quicker than the 12.5mm rotor. The longer the track, the smaller the rotor. The shorter the track, the bigger the rotor. That's what i do but other racers may be different.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was sent the nwe v200 software for the tekin and I am still having problems getting it to download on my laptop it is a toshiba with windows vista 32bit does anyone else have this problem or is it me or my laptop? It worked fine on my desktop dell with windows xp it is driving me crazy I can only set my car up at home and hope someone else has one at the track.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
It comes with a 12.5mm rotor. I use a 13mm rotor because the track i race at is relativley small so i want as mush punch and torque as possible because alot of the track it is piont and squirt. I did notice a difference. The 13mm rotor gets to it's top RPM quicker than the 12.5mm rotor. The longer the track, the smaller the rotor. The shorter the track, the bigger the rotor. That's what i do but other racers may be different.
Thanks!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
I was sent the nwe v200 software for the tekin and I am still having problems getting it to download on my laptop it is a toshiba with windows vista 32bit does anyone else have this problem or is it me or my laptop? It worked fine on my desktop dell with windows xp it is driving me crazy I can only set my car up at home and hope someone else has one at the track.
If yu had the Hotwire program on your laptop, you do need to remove the old version per Randy's video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp3tUL9u8Y.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay, talked to another racer today who is experiencing the same thing with brakes. And I conclude that for some reason Drag Brake setting is more like Brake Strength setting instead of an actual Drag Brake setting.

Example:
I was running a oneway, and wanted to take off my drag brakes or minimize it. So I brought it down to like 10. When I did this, I lost all my trigger brake. My car would just coast right into the wall if I tried to come to a stop using my trigger brake. So I would turn up my drag brake to 25. Now I had trigger brake, but it was weak. (This is all with 100% brake strength.) The more you turned up the drag brake setting, the stronger and stronger your trigger brake became. So drag brake setting was acting like brake strength setting. Setting drag brake setting didn't really have a huge factor in actual drag braking of the car. Kind of weird. This is the finding of another or runs a Novak 17.5.

I used to run 50-60 on my drag brake and didn't worry too much about trigger brake. It seemed strong enough in the past. But now that I cut down on drag brake setting, my trigger brake is suffering. I think that's another reason why Tag has huge brakes on his car, he has tons of drag brake setting programed in.

So if anyone is experiencing weak brakes, turn up your drag brake to 60-70 and try again. See if that works.

Another note, about turbo delay..... when does this setting actually kick in? Say, if I set it to 0.5delay, does it kick in half a second from the time I go full throttle on the trigger? Or does it kick in half a second from a preset rpm or when your car hits top rpm? My experience is the latter. But this is a question from many locals.

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The delay timer on Turbo starts as soon as you get full throttle. So, once you hit wide open there is a delay (0.5 sec) and then the timing starts to ramp up.

At full turbo it takes a full second to completely ramp up the timing to max. That's probably the extra delay you're seeing.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred_B
The delay timer on Turbo starts as soon as you get full throttle. So, once you hit wide open there is a delay (0.5 sec) and then the timing starts to ramp up.

At full turbo it takes a full second to completely ramp up the timing to max. That's probably the extra delay you're seeing.
As soon as I get full throttle on the trigger? Or full throttle on the straight?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Full throttle on the trigger. Turbo won't care where you're at on the track it's going to start ramping up a half second after you get to the full trigger. Or whatever value you set.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Well if it's full throttle on the trigger, that's not what we are experiencing. Seems like it kicks in 0.5 after top end is reached on the straight. I think I'll go back to 199-2. I'll play with it more in detail next weekend.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Well if it's full throttle on the trigger, that's not what we are experiencing. Seems like it kicks in 0.5 after top end is reached on the straight. I think I'll go back to 199-2. I'll play with it more in detail next weekend.
If it's kicking in too late try more boost and less turbo. Some tracks and classes just need a little tweaking to get things sorted out.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
If it's kicking in too late try more boost and less turbo. Some tracks and classes just need a little tweaking to get things sorted out.
I had to tune a little differently that I thought I would too. In 13.5 1/12 the boost was coming in a little late for me. I rolled the Turbo back to 10-deg from Max, and Boost up to 15-deg from 10-deg, with a base motor timing of 10-deg.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default tekin rs esc help

I got the you tube video but I dont have the file icon on my screen and dont know how to do it so I can change the format. what part of the program do you need to create a shortcut for to access this. Yes I suck with cpu's
Old 08-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

JimmyMac: Have you tried different motors? I'm on Speedpassion and could burst the belts with the brakes I have on V200.

And guys, I believe that Tekin designed the Turbo function to compensate for the speed loss on the straights if we were to tweak the esc only for infield performance. Put this in your head and you'll find it much easier to get max performance out of the RS.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 200 software

Twelvegauge,

You have a PM

Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.