Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr240
Anybody got an stock spec ESC they want to sell.
check out speedpassion USA's site...they had them for like $60 - and the programming box for like $9 plus shipping

and they state them as in stock and you should get the item within 10 business days
Old 09-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
check out speedpassion USA's site...they had them for like $60 - and the programming box for like $9 plus shipping

and they state them as in stock and you should get the item within 10 business days
60$ for the ESC stock club is not that bad

but for around 15$ more you could get the combo (ESC+MOTOR) at your LHS
Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ALWAYS talk to your local hobby shop first....they have discount by ordering with SPEED PASSION USA, especially on Cirtix CLUB SPEC series. Their discount, will reflect on the racer's purchase price as well....

If they are not the SPEED PASSION dealer....have them to contact Speed Passion USA and we will hook them up in no time.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
hey guys - just got one of the Cirtix speedos and i got a question..

was looking thru the instructions and didn't see how to program the speedo WITHOUT the box - is this possible?

Its the club spec so i know i can only do so much adjusting, but like to remove some drag brake and adjust a couple of the other things I can

thanks for any help - tomorrow at work, i'll go thru the whole thread
The drag is already set at zero from what I have read on here a few threads back.Missed my delivery so I'll be picking up my programmer at usps,I want to add at least 10-20% drag to my car,ran it last week and it ran great but would like some drag to help with turn in as we run on a tight twisty lots of braking type of track.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markw
The middle wire (red) is +4.8v to 6v, ALL the connectors in your receiver are tied to that, this is why you can plug a battery into any connector on the receiver or plug stuff in backwards without smoking anything. To run a separate battery or BEC, you need to remove the middle wire from the connector on the ESC. I've found the easiest way to do this is to get a short servo extension and just cut the middle wire.
Can someone that is using this combo on 1s chime in and just say how to set it up?

New car build. using a receiver pack, I first bound a Spektrum micro receiver using a receiver battery. I then calibrated the esc to my radio using a 7.4 volt pack, no receiver pack.

The only way I can get a response from the motor is with the receiver pack plugged in, the 1s battery plugged in and the center wire attached to the plug and plugged in. Esc power switch in off position.

Without center wire, nothing. on or off.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default VTA?

Hey quick question, do they have a speedo/25t motor for VTA?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
To set up you esc, please watch the video. No, it isn't me in that video.
ESC SET UP
Bought the Citrix Stock Spec ESC/Motor to run in my TC3.
Out of the box and into the car it seems to run great.
But I've tried and tried to set the throttle positions and the ESC would drive the motor when I would try to set the throttle.

I watched the video posted here and found that it isn't giving me the tones when the button is pushed and the switch is turned on.

I put a volt meter on the pins coming from the receiver, they read 6v. When I read the voltage on the red + side of the switch it reads 7.6v, and the white signal wire off the switch also reads 7.6v. When I push the button on the switch it still reads 7.6v. Sounds like it may not be getting the signal to engage the settings.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What radio are you using????

The instructions say to set the throttle/brake to rev but that does not work for all radios.

TX should be on.
Hold the red setup button down and turn the power on.
If all the TX settings are correct you should get the program tone to
then set the fwd,neutral,brake epa with the TX.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

where can i buy this online?
Old 09-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
where can i buy this online?

TQ in chino shows to have them in stock.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...?s_maker_id=43
Old 09-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCknight
Hey quick question, do they have a speedo/25t motor for VTA?
Not planning to do the 25.5T because USVTA rule is enforcing the NOVAK MOTOR be the only motor to be use.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Quote from Solara:"Not planning to do the 25.5T because USVTA rule is enforcing the NOVAK MOTOR be the only motor to be use."

That's unfortunate, because the Novak stuff is overpriced. I thought they(USVTA) wanted to make that a low-cost class in order to keep it affordable for all?
If they truly wanted to do that, then they should have gone with Speed Passion and contracted them to do a 25.5T Cirtix Stock Club Combo.

Oh well....
Old 09-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Enforcerman
Quote from Solara:"Not planning to do the 25.5T because USVTA rule is enforcing the NOVAK MOTOR be the only motor to be use."

That's unfortunate, because the Novak stuff is overpriced. I thought they(USVTA) wanted to make that a low-cost class in order to keep it affordable for all?
If they truly wanted to do that, then they should have gone with Speed Passion and contracted them to do a 25.5T Cirtix Stock Club Combo.

Oh well....
Why..? NOVAK does alot to help support some specific class and track and we are totally respect their direction and support....and thats why we are not going direct competition with the 25.5 motor class cause it is not healthy for the USVTA class to grow if there are more then 1 motor brand under that rule...

To be honest...I am a big supporter for 1 brand SPEC racing...however, it is business afterall, I will let the CLASS DIRECTOR to call out the rule.

I too have to buy a Ballistic 25.5 this week so we can start the hurricane series of USVTA....but will use the club spec speedo to power it.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Company Representative

TeamNovak US Vintage Trans-Am Store

Havoc 2S / SS Pro Brushless System-- 25.5T VTA

Reasonably priced for a quality BL system made here in the US. We have been working with USVTA and their hobby dealers and tracks since January to make this 2010-2011 season a success. In addition, we have offered affordable exchange and upgrade programs to assist racers in getting ready for Fall.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

I understand your point Solara; it's just that I think the cost of brushless systems is way too overpriced and expensive in general, and is in fact, to some degree hurting the sales and growth of rc racing. Don't get me wrong, I'm in full support of brushless, I love it and think it's the way to go; but having said that, I still think that it should have come down in price by now and yet it has not, and with the exception of Speed Passion with the Cirtix Stock Club Combo, there is not much for the budget-restricted racer out there. I mean, this economy still STINKS no matter what the "so-called" financial experts would try to have you believe that the recession ended in 2009. And under these circumstances, most of us can't afford to use brushless because of the extremely steep upfront cost. We don't have as much disposable income any more. Where I race, only a couple of classes use brushless, the rest, which are the majority, still use brushed systems, not because they want to, but because they can't afford the brushless up-front costs!

I applaud Novak for supporting racing classes like the USVTA, but I wish they would follow the lead of Speed Passion and offer a more affordable brushless combo. It's what this hobby/sport needs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.