R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #436
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr240 View Post
Anybody got an stock spec ESC they want to sell.
check out speedpassion USA's site...they had them for like $60 - and the programming box for like $9 plus shipping

and they state them as in stock and you should get the item within 10 business days
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #437
Tech Addict
 
maximebeauvais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gatineau, QC, Canada (beside Ottawa)
Posts: 748
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
check out speedpassion USA's site...they had them for like $60 - and the programming box for like $9 plus shipping

and they state them as in stock and you should get the item within 10 business days
60$ for the ESC stock club is not that bad

but for around 15$ more you could get the combo (ESC+MOTOR) at your LHS
__________________
Maxime Beauvais
--- www.rcottawa.com ---
maximebeauvais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #438
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

ALWAYS talk to your local hobby shop first....they have discount by ordering with SPEED PASSION USA, especially on Cirtix CLUB SPEC series. Their discount, will reflect on the racer's purchase price as well....

If they are not the SPEED PASSION dealer....have them to contact Speed Passion USA and we will hook them up in no time.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #439
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
hey guys - just got one of the Cirtix speedos and i got a question..

was looking thru the instructions and didn't see how to program the speedo WITHOUT the box - is this possible?

Its the club spec so i know i can only do so much adjusting, but like to remove some drag brake and adjust a couple of the other things I can

thanks for any help - tomorrow at work, i'll go thru the whole thread
The drag is already set at zero from what I have read on here a few threads back.Missed my delivery so I'll be picking up my programmer at usps,I want to add at least 10-20% drag to my car,ran it last week and it ran great but would like some drag to help with turn in as we run on a tight twisty lots of braking type of track.
airwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #440
Tech Addict
 
Farmer_John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
The middle wire (red) is +4.8v to 6v, ALL the connectors in your receiver are tied to that, this is why you can plug a battery into any connector on the receiver or plug stuff in backwards without smoking anything. To run a separate battery or BEC, you need to remove the middle wire from the connector on the ESC. I've found the easiest way to do this is to get a short servo extension and just cut the middle wire.
Can someone that is using this combo on 1s chime in and just say how to set it up?

New car build. using a receiver pack, I first bound a Spektrum micro receiver using a receiver battery. I then calibrated the esc to my radio using a 7.4 volt pack, no receiver pack.

The only way I can get a response from the motor is with the receiver pack plugged in, the 1s battery plugged in and the center wire attached to the plug and plugged in. Esc power switch in off position.

Without center wire, nothing. on or off.
__________________
Join the Pancar nation

https://www.facebook.com/oneeigth2wdpancar/
Farmer_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:01 AM   #441
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default VTA?

Hey quick question, do they have a speedo/25t motor for VTA?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #442
Tech Adept
 
Dread Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC/RC Raceway
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
To set up you esc, please watch the video. No, it isn't me in that video.
ESC SET UP
Bought the Citrix Stock Spec ESC/Motor to run in my TC3.
Out of the box and into the car it seems to run great.
But I've tried and tried to set the throttle positions and the ESC would drive the motor when I would try to set the throttle.

I watched the video posted here and found that it isn't giving me the tones when the button is pushed and the switch is turned on.

I put a volt meter on the pins coming from the receiver, they read 6v. When I read the voltage on the red + side of the switch it reads 7.6v, and the white signal wire off the switch also reads 7.6v. When I push the button on the switch it still reads 7.6v. Sounds like it may not be getting the signal to engage the settings.

Any suggestions?
__________________
"We face each other as God intended. Sportsman-like. No tricks, skill against skill alone." -Fezzik
Dread Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:07 PM   #443
Tech Master
 
trx450racer174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moreno Valley,CA
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

What radio are you using????

The instructions say to set the throttle/brake to rev but that does not work for all radios.

TX should be on.
Hold the red setup button down and turn the power on.
If all the TX settings are correct you should get the program tone to
then set the fwd,neutral,brake epa with the TX.
__________________
E.K.D. RC Paint Work
Team Serpent USA, Desoto Racing , Team DE Racing, Team Hitec, Team Trakpower, Futaba, Team AKA, TrackstarRC.
trx450racer174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #444
Tech Master
 
hanzo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

where can i buy this online?
hanzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #445
Tech Master
 
trx450racer174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moreno Valley,CA
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
where can i buy this online?

TQ in chino shows to have them in stock.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...?s_maker_id=43
__________________
E.K.D. RC Paint Work
Team Serpent USA, Desoto Racing , Team DE Racing, Team Hitec, Team Trakpower, Futaba, Team AKA, TrackstarRC.
trx450racer174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #446
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Hey quick question, do they have a speedo/25t motor for VTA?
Not planning to do the 25.5T because USVTA rule is enforcing the NOVAK MOTOR be the only motor to be use.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #447
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 160
Default

Quote from Solara:"Not planning to do the 25.5T because USVTA rule is enforcing the NOVAK MOTOR be the only motor to be use."

That's unfortunate, because the Novak stuff is overpriced. I thought they(USVTA) wanted to make that a low-cost class in order to keep it affordable for all?
If they truly wanted to do that, then they should have gone with Speed Passion and contracted them to do a 25.5T Cirtix Stock Club Combo.

Oh well....
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #448
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
Quote from Solara:"Not planning to do the 25.5T because USVTA rule is enforcing the NOVAK MOTOR be the only motor to be use."

That's unfortunate, because the Novak stuff is overpriced. I thought they(USVTA) wanted to make that a low-cost class in order to keep it affordable for all?
If they truly wanted to do that, then they should have gone with Speed Passion and contracted them to do a 25.5T Cirtix Stock Club Combo.

Oh well....
Why..? NOVAK does alot to help support some specific class and track and we are totally respect their direction and support....and thats why we are not going direct competition with the 25.5 motor class cause it is not healthy for the USVTA class to grow if there are more then 1 motor brand under that rule...

To be honest...I am a big supporter for 1 brand SPEC racing...however, it is business afterall, I will let the CLASS DIRECTOR to call out the rule.

I too have to buy a Ballistic 25.5 this week so we can start the hurricane series of USVTA....but will use the club spec speedo to power it.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #449
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

TeamNovak US Vintage Trans-Am Store

Havoc 2S / SS Pro Brushless System-- 25.5T VTA

Reasonably priced for a quality BL system made here in the US. We have been working with USVTA and their hobby dealers and tracks since January to make this 2010-2011 season a success. In addition, we have offered affordable exchange and upgrade programs to assist racers in getting ready for Fall.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #450
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 160
Default

I understand your point Solara; it's just that I think the cost of brushless systems is way too overpriced and expensive in general, and is in fact, to some degree hurting the sales and growth of rc racing. Don't get me wrong, I'm in full support of brushless, I love it and think it's the way to go; but having said that, I still think that it should have come down in price by now and yet it has not, and with the exception of Speed Passion with the Cirtix Stock Club Combo, there is not much for the budget-restricted racer out there. I mean, this economy still STINKS no matter what the "so-called" financial experts would try to have you believe that the recession ended in 2009. And under these circumstances, most of us can't afford to use brushless because of the extremely steep upfront cost. We don't have as much disposable income any more. Where I race, only a couple of classes use brushless, the rest, which are the majority, still use brushed systems, not because they want to, but because they can't afford the brushless up-front costs!

I applaud Novak for supporting racing classes like the USVTA, but I wish they would follow the lead of Speed Passion and offer a more affordable brushless combo. It's what this hobby/sport needs!
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question???? Mr. McGoo Electric On-Road 722 11-01-2014 07:05 AM
Real Stock On Road Racing... Me_MrTyson Australian Racing 214 05-19-2010 06:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net