Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

So far, all of the parts that have been shown in pictures have been on an S400, so I wouldn't let those parts scare anyone off from buying the car as it is now, as they can be added on as updates whenever they become available.

As for the Mi3 style pivot blocks, I would personally fight to keep those off the car. I am so happy to be able to say that my days of bent screws, and worse off, bent bulkheads are over. We already have a system that allows nearly infinite suspension adjustment, and what we have is MUCH stronger than that style of pivot mount.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

On that picture you can see blue in the threads, which would make me believe that's just a Tamiya bridge style block.

As for the spool, haven't noticed that one yet, perhaps it's just a 1-way. Billy and I were both running the kit spool this past week.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

we never did settle our straight away battle.....LOL I only ran my 3.5 once.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Always have next year... maybe I'll build a 7 cell car just for that, lol
Old 05-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can tell you that the shocks on that car are NOT Serpent shocks. AS has been mentioned here, the RCC shocks are some of the best made in the industry. With that said, we are working on making some internal changes to the shock that will allow for more consistent dampening.

If you look at that picture, you can tell the anodizing was removed from the pivot blocks (Blue) and the shocks look like Tamiya shocks without anodizing.

Once more info is available to the public we will relay on this thread. Nats are only a few weeks away and with Billy, Randy and myself attending I believe we will have a good week of racing.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Butter
Old 05-30-2008, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

I want to start racing now, hahaha!!!

Congrat to Randy, he is now on www.Serpent.com
Old 05-30-2008, 03:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
On that picture you can see blue in the threads, which would make me believe that's just a Tamiya bridge style block.

As for the spool, haven't noticed that one yet, perhaps it's just a 1-way. Billy and I were both running the kit spool this past week.
Tamiya blocks, shocks, driveshafts, and suspension arms (short LWT versions)... what is the world comig too.

Only joking, just baiting the snake handlers
Old 05-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
I can tell you that the shocks on that car are NOT Serpent shocks. AS has been mentioned here, the RCC shocks are some of the best made in the industry. With that said, we are working on making some internal changes to the shock that will allow for more consistent dampening
Butter, did you see the link on rc-mushroom showing a so called "S400 RCC shock revision kit"? Any news on this and is this what you're referring to when you mentioned about working on the improvement of the RCC internals?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
As for the Mi3 style pivot blocks, I would personally fight to keep those off the car. I am so happy to be able to say that my days of bent screws, and worse off, bent bulkheads are over. We already have a system that allows nearly infinite suspension adjustment, and what we have is MUCH stronger than that style of pivot mount.
Really? Never had bent bulkheads on an MI3...at least at the base...the top of the bulkheads are kind of weak, though, and the those cheap hollow hinge pins did suck and bent easily.

But using 3mm steel or Ti hinge pins, and the current bulk head style we have now will be very tough...Havent heard of Xray T2 haveing trouble with it, or the new TC5. I think its better because its much easier to work on, and give the car a more cleaner look, a bit lighter, and more cost effective.

If you slam into a wall and bend your bulkhead or hinge pins with a T2 style suspension, its likely you'll bend hingepins or damage something as well on the current suspension bracket style system most probably.

What do you think of the pulleys? Would you like to see different size optional pulleys to allow us to change the IR?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why don't you just ask Yohan.. he seems to like his Serpent...

Considering you both are posting from the same IP address, you should be able to discuss it quite easily.

Originally Posted by Aventura
Look here for the shocks: http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=12640

its being call the Serpent shock revision set.

If you look at the new S400 pics posted a few weeks back from S400 drivers, you will notice they have new design suspension blocks, new look spool, top deck and bulk heads

http://www.rctouring.eu/images/DSC_2441.JPG

take a close look at the Front suspension bracket...its diffrent, and the front spool is also diffrent.

Just wondering when this will be finally release and if it will be new kit or running change and when we will see this...need official report please
Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Really? Never had bent bulkheads on an MI3...at least at the base...the top of the bulkheads are kind of weak, though, and the those cheap hollow hinge pins did suck and bent easily.

But using 3mm steel or Ti hinge pins, and the current bulk head style we have now will be very tough...Havent heard of Xray T2 haveing trouble with it, or the new TC5. I think its better because its much easier to work on, and give the car a more cleaner look, a bit lighter, and more cost effective.

If you slam into a wall and bend your bulkhead or hinge pins with a T2 style suspension, its likely you'll bend hingepins or damage something as well on the current suspension bracket style system most probably.

What do you think of the pulleys? Would you like to see different size optional pulleys to allow us to change the IR?
I took a hard hit at the Reedy that bent my hingepin into an L, and that was the only bent or broken part from that hit. T2 or TC5 both use carbon suspension mounts that will break before the bulkhead bends which is definately a better idea.

For pulleys, I personally don't really have a need for a different IR with modified, but I understand that 13.5 or 17.5 drivers might need different IR's to get geared correctly.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Why don't you just ask Yohan.. he seems to like his Serpent...

Considering you both are posting from the same IP address, you should be able to discuss it quite easily.
haha, burn!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Old 05-30-2008, 12:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Lookin good Kerr, needs 12 gauge wire though!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks. I know I need to re do it in 12 when I get some but I didn't have any laying around. That's 13 gauge though. Shouldn't be a big deal. The rest of the wiring didn't quite come out as good as I wanted but still better usual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.