R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #2086
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

So far, all of the parts that have been shown in pictures have been on an S400, so I wouldn't let those parts scare anyone off from buying the car as it is now, as they can be added on as updates whenever they become available.

As for the Mi3 style pivot blocks, I would personally fight to keep those off the car. I am so happy to be able to say that my days of bent screws, and worse off, bent bulkheads are over. We already have a system that allows nearly infinite suspension adjustment, and what we have is MUCH stronger than that style of pivot mount.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #2087
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

On that picture you can see blue in the threads, which would make me believe that's just a Tamiya bridge style block.

As for the spool, haven't noticed that one yet, perhaps it's just a 1-way. Billy and I were both running the kit spool this past week.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #2088
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,988
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

we never did settle our straight away battle.....LOL I only ran my 3.5 once.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #2089
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Always have next year... maybe I'll build a 7 cell car just for that, lol
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 AM   #2090
Tech Elite
 
TeamButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter
Default

I can tell you that the shocks on that car are NOT Serpent shocks. AS has been mentioned here, the RCC shocks are some of the best made in the industry. With that said, we are working on making some internal changes to the shock that will allow for more consistent dampening.

If you look at that picture, you can tell the anodizing was removed from the pivot blocks (Blue) and the shocks look like Tamiya shocks without anodizing.

Once more info is available to the public we will relay on this thread. Nats are only a few weeks away and with Billy, Randy and myself attending I believe we will have a good week of racing.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Butter
__________________
Xray / BMI Racing / KO Propo / Team Epic / Parma-PSE / High Velocity Racing / TeamButter / P3 Graphics / MDI Racing
TeamButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:26 AM   #2091
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,135
Default



I want to start racing now, hahaha!!!

Congrat to Randy, he is now on www.Serpent.com
__________________
A racecar is only as good as the mechanic who build it.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:15 AM   #2092
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,282
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
On that picture you can see blue in the threads, which would make me believe that's just a Tamiya bridge style block.

As for the spool, haven't noticed that one yet, perhaps it's just a 1-way. Billy and I were both running the kit spool this past week.
Tamiya blocks, shocks, driveshafts, and suspension arms (short LWT versions)... what is the world comig too.

Only joking, just baiting the snake handlers
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #2093
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
I can tell you that the shocks on that car are NOT Serpent shocks. AS has been mentioned here, the RCC shocks are some of the best made in the industry. With that said, we are working on making some internal changes to the shock that will allow for more consistent dampening
Butter, did you see the link on rc-mushroom showing a so called "S400 RCC shock revision kit"? Any news on this and is this what you're referring to when you mentioned about working on the improvement of the RCC internals?
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #2094
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
As for the Mi3 style pivot blocks, I would personally fight to keep those off the car. I am so happy to be able to say that my days of bent screws, and worse off, bent bulkheads are over. We already have a system that allows nearly infinite suspension adjustment, and what we have is MUCH stronger than that style of pivot mount.
Really? Never had bent bulkheads on an MI3...at least at the base...the top of the bulkheads are kind of weak, though, and the those cheap hollow hinge pins did suck and bent easily.

But using 3mm steel or Ti hinge pins, and the current bulk head style we have now will be very tough...Havent heard of Xray T2 haveing trouble with it, or the new TC5. I think its better because its much easier to work on, and give the car a more cleaner look, a bit lighter, and more cost effective.

If you slam into a wall and bend your bulkhead or hinge pins with a T2 style suspension, its likely you'll bend hingepins or damage something as well on the current suspension bracket style system most probably.

What do you think of the pulleys? Would you like to see different size optional pulleys to allow us to change the IR?
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #2095
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

Why don't you just ask Yohan.. he seems to like his Serpent...

Considering you both are posting from the same IP address, you should be able to discuss it quite easily.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventura View Post
Look here for the shocks: http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=12640

its being call the Serpent shock revision set.

If you look at the new S400 pics posted a few weeks back from S400 drivers, you will notice they have new design suspension blocks, new look spool, top deck and bulk heads

http://www.rctouring.eu/images/DSC_2441.JPG

take a close look at the Front suspension bracket...its diffrent, and the front spool is also diffrent.

Just wondering when this will be finally release and if it will be new kit or running change and when we will see this...need official report please
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #2096
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Really? Never had bent bulkheads on an MI3...at least at the base...the top of the bulkheads are kind of weak, though, and the those cheap hollow hinge pins did suck and bent easily.

But using 3mm steel or Ti hinge pins, and the current bulk head style we have now will be very tough...Havent heard of Xray T2 haveing trouble with it, or the new TC5. I think its better because its much easier to work on, and give the car a more cleaner look, a bit lighter, and more cost effective.

If you slam into a wall and bend your bulkhead or hinge pins with a T2 style suspension, its likely you'll bend hingepins or damage something as well on the current suspension bracket style system most probably.

What do you think of the pulleys? Would you like to see different size optional pulleys to allow us to change the IR?
I took a hard hit at the Reedy that bent my hingepin into an L, and that was the only bent or broken part from that hit. T2 or TC5 both use carbon suspension mounts that will break before the bulkhead bends which is definately a better idea.

For pulleys, I personally don't really have a need for a different IR with modified, but I understand that 13.5 or 17.5 drivers might need different IR's to get geared correctly.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #2097
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter View Post
Why don't you just ask Yohan.. he seems to like his Serpent...

Considering you both are posting from the same IP address, you should be able to discuss it quite easily.
haha, burn!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #2098
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default





Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #2099
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Lookin good Kerr, needs 12 gauge wire though!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #2100
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Thanks. I know I need to re do it in 12 when I get some but I didn't have any laying around. That's 13 gauge though. Shouldn't be a big deal. The rest of the wiring didn't quite come out as good as I wanted but still better usual.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Touring Car? Mi3 or Serpent S400 SocialRC12 Electric On-Road 16 08-11-2009 12:04 PM
Serpent S400 Electric Touring Car yyhayyim R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 11-07-2007 06:08 PM
Serpent S400 EP Touring Car CheeYong Malaysian R/C Racers 54 11-05-2007 05:57 AM
SERPENT S400 TOURING ELECTRIC CAR Team Kamikaze Electric On-Road 4 08-30-2007 06:38 PM
New Serpent S400 EP 1/10 Touring Car!!!!! Roniel_R Electric On-Road 3 05-26-2007 06:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net