Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by revzalot
Speaking of front one way, anyone know the bearing dimensions for the Kfactory one way and the AE one way?
When/if buying these bearings try getting them "hands-on" over the counter, so you can ensure they fit.
I ordered the front one-way bearings using the part # provided in the catalogue and to the eye they looked the same size.
Once i tried to fit them however, they were the tiniest of fractions too small and wouldnt fit the one way
Cheers
Old 04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by bbntc3
Its usually always the big ring gear but I have seen the small gear take a few teeth lose also, I think it was do because of the ring gear teeth getting caught in the pinion gear and binding it up.
Gotta agree with BBNTC3....in my experience its been the big ring gear thats copped the damage.
The silicone grease (stealth lube) wont do much to prevent damage........actually when using Stealth Lube dont use too much, the excess just winds up getting flung to the top/bottom of the diff cases, and also tends to attract dirt particles.
Cheers
Old 04-21-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

i have had many stripped ring = pinion gears in my ntc3 before i found out it was a very tight front diff causing the problem,
played with different geases and oils, shimming and everything.as soon as i loosened the diff i have never broken any gears again. the gears just cant handle the shock loads. I stripped front gears 5 minutes into a 30 minute a main, and when i finished both the pinion and ring gear were both perfectly flat with bits of melted plastic in the bottom of the diff housing quiete a handful to drive in rear wheel drive
Old 04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by AndyT ?
When/if buying these bearings try getting them "hands-on" over the counter, so you can ensure they fit.
I ordered the front one-way bearings using the part # provided in the catalogue and to the eye they looked the same size.
Once i tried to fit them however, they were the tiniest of fractions too small and wouldnt fit the one way
Cheers
You should ask before you purchased......and I wished I saw that eariler..
The front 1 way bearing is a $50 USD item.......yes, it is, cause you CANNOT get them serperately....those bearing are special bearing, the inside diameter are METRIC, but the other diameter are the STANDARD........

Remember, that front 1 way was designed by Yokomo, a japanese brand, use metric system.........

I measured myself, like you encountered, it won't fit onto the front 1-way diff, but it will fit onto the ball diff or the diff case.

Just don't break that 2 bearings, or sell the whole thing and buy the brand new set with the front 1-way.

I have these experience from last year, if there is a update about this issue.....ignore what I said then.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
The front 1 way bearing is a $50 USD item.......yes, it is, cause you CANNOT get them serperately....those bearing are special bearing, the inside diameter are METRIC, but the other diameter are the STANDARD........

Remember, that front 1 way was designed by Yokomo, a japanese brand, use metric system.........

I measured myself, like you encountered, it won't fit onto the front 1-way diff, but it will fit onto the ball diff or the diff case.

Just don't break that 2 bearings, or sell the whole thing and buy the brand new set with the front 1-way.

I have these experience from last year, if there is a update about this issue.....ignore what I said then.
Unfortunately thats one of the probs with racing the NTC3 in Australia, its sooooo hard to see any part hands-on.......most of my parts were purchased directly from AE via their website
Old 04-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rookie Solara

I'll definately be using the spool or the regular diff for now on. The handling characteristics with the spool is uncanny on techinical tracks. I've already broke bearings on one ways. If someone has the exact measurements, please let me know. I can probably go to a bearing shop and beg them to make some.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:15 PM

The silicone grease I use to use alittle on the gears, now I use nothing. It seems if you use too much greese it will hold heat and cook faster. I've never stripped a gear using a ball diff, melted the center out of a few because of running the diff too loose. Only strip gears with oneway or spool.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

The silicone grease I use to use alittle on the gears, now I use nothing. It seems if you use too much greese it will hold heat and cook faster. I've never stripped a gear using a ball diff, melted the center out of a few because of running the diff too loose. Only strip gears with oneway or spool.
Interesting. Wouldn't the gears get much hotter with out it? I think it's time to make some metals gears and use moly lube.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

has anyone tried a one way middle shaft. i think gpm makes them.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by revzalot
Interesting. Wouldn't the gears get much hotter with out it? I think it's time to make some metals gears and use moly lube.
From my experience, I found that after a couple of races there really wasnt that much lube left on the gears.
When applying the lube I put on just enough to put a thin coat over the all the ring gears and found this worked well.
The only teeth i ever stripped on the cream/white coloured gears were when a one way screw worked loose, fell into the gears and mashed them .........the black ring gears however are another story
Cheers
Old 04-22-2005, 02:35 PM

I don't recall reading in the manual 4 years ago anything about adding any lube to the gears. I could be wrong, 4 years is along time, I think that's the last time I read the manual. I probably could'nt even find it now.
I'm working on bronze gears got about 3 machinst looking into it.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't recall reading in the manual 4 years ago anything about adding any lube to the gears. I could be wrong, 4 years is along time, I think that's the last time I read the manual. I probably could'nt even find it now.
I'm working on bronze gears got about 3 machinst looking into it.
I think bronze is the ideal metal for a gear. It doesn't expand like aluminum. Please let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

anybody run a ver.2 with rubber tires and have some set-up info?thanks.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by AndyT ?
Unfortunately thats one of the probs with racing the NTC3 in Australia, its sooooo hard to see any part hands-on.......most of my parts were purchased directly from AE via their website
I guess you should try buy those parts from HK online store like www.rcmodel.com.hk . It usually cheaper than AE's tag price and shipping from HK to AU is cheaper than US to AU.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

[
I'm working on bronze gears got about 3 machinst looking into it. [/B]
Running with both diffs, I usually do not have a problem, but sooner or later they will go. But since I have been using the 1-way, its like tires, must keep a steady supply. I am anxiously waiting to here some gooe newz. Hit something on power and, rebuild time.
I resently picked up a mtx3 and the car is real nice too. Handles great, but I am so used to the tc3s pickup. Think I will be racing the tc3 on smaller tracks and the mtc3 on larger tracks. I just cannot give up on the tc3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.