Old 04-19-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Try this for KFactory parts

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0
Old 04-19-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
You guys know where I can get my hands on some K-Factory NTC3 parts from? There's nothing listed on their site as dealers.
Gary, K-factory is imported by Trinity. Any shop that deals with them can get K-factory stuff from them.

You need a K-factory centax clutch? I have one new in package. Make an offer!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No, actually looking for a front shock tower. Bought a NTC3 used and the front tower has a tweak to it. I was also thinking about grabbing one of their 3 shoe clutch systems. I have a Centax on another car and have not liked it.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:26 PM

http://www.powerlineracing.com/

This is the cheapest place I have found to get K parts in the US. Problem is they sell cheap and stock is limited. They are out of stock on most items now, but they have an order due in anytime so stock will be back soon. Don't buy from Trinity if not an absolute have too!!! The are way to high on K parts. Don't give Ernie any pocket change!! LOL
Old 04-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

After trying the regular front diff, one way and spool, I'm hooked on using the spool. I don't want to go back to anything else. The car oversteers so good. I can even brake much later. Anyone feel the same?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

The one thing that shied me away from using the spool with my FT NTC3 was my concerns over how the drivetrain would handle the extra loads put on it by the spool.
Cheers
Old 04-20-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default rubber tire

anyone run rubber tires? if so what kind of tires and inserts, and some set-up info would be great. thanks all.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default V2 rear end

Do you set rear width the same a the front with the plastic tool. Also do you only adjust the lower front for toe and leave lower back pivot alone? Instructions are not clear.

Also any one have problems with the front out drives just holding the bones?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by AndyT ©
The one thing that shied me away from using the spool with my FT NTC3 was my concerns over how the drivetrain would handle the extra loads put on it by the spool.
Cheers
Probably I'd switch back to a diff on a high traction track.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by revzalot
After trying the regular front diff, one way and spool, I'm hooked on using the spool. I don't want to go back to anything else. The car oversteers so good. I can even brake much later. Anyone feel the same?
We feel the same. The car is unreal with a spool up front on our local track, we are 2 laps faster with the spool. But.... The front diff gears will not last, at least with the Richey HP we use. We strip 1 to 3 diffs out of the car each raceday. I've tried and shimmed it everyway possible, and we are not hitting anything, not bouncing off the boards or pipes, nothing!
Last big race of the year here last year we stripped 3 spools, one each heat. Switched back to a diff and were 2 laps slower, but the car stayed together! We ran a total of 5 heats for the main, at least they took the best heat of the 5 for main positions. Oneways last better but will also strip eventually. Bob
Old 04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by bbntc3
We feel the same. The car is unreal with a spool up front on our local track, we are 2 laps faster with the spool. But.... The front diff gears will not last, at least with the Richey HP we use. We strip 1 to 3 diffs out of the car each raceday. I've tried and shimmed it everyway possible, and we are not hitting anything, not bouncing off the boards or pipes, nothing!
Last big race of the year here last year we stripped 3 spools, one each heat. Switched back to a diff and were 2 laps slower, but the car stayed together! We ran a total of 5 heats for the main, at least they took the best heat of the 5 for main positions. Oneways last better but will also strip eventually. Bob
What about the pinions or the smaller gears? Do they strip out at the same rate as the diff gears?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

On a high traction open track using VHT, I found the front one-way worked extremely well.
Cheers
Old 04-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Speaking of front one way, anyone know the bearing dimensions for the Kfactory one way and the AE one way?
Old 04-20-2005, 05:38 PM

Its usually always the big ring gear but I have seen the small gear take a few teeth lose also, I think it was do because of the ring gear teeth getting caught in the pinion gear and binding it up.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by bbntc3
Its usually always the big ring gear but I have seen the small gear take a few teeth lose also, I think it was do because of the ring gear teeth getting caught in the pinion gear and binding it up.
So the silicon grease between the gears didn't help much?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.