Search
Like Tree651Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Day Rescheduled!

Rain is in tomorrow's forecast. There is no denying it this week.

So!

Tomorrow's race is rescheduled. We're on for next Saturday, the 20th.

Let's hope it goes our way.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Rain is in tomorrow's forecast. There is no denying it this week.

So!

Tomorrow's race is rescheduled. We're on for next Saturday, the 20th.

Let's hope it goes our way.
Can we get a dome put into the budget for next year? One with the roof that opens when the weather is nice
Old 05-13-2017, 01:49 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I was at the track from 10:00 am to 1:00pm
and the track mostly dry and it did mist a little but the sun bust out and dry the track in no time
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-img_0486.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-img_0480-1-.jpg  
Old 05-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Cool.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

same thing happened with the weather in Vancouver.

still a bit cold, and not enough sunshine for setup.

soon!
Old 05-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Spastic NW weather....

I don't have a babysitter for the JCon Nats at TRCR, but I think I can make next Saturday. Much easier to make the sale to the wife when our track is a half-mile away.

FYI, if anyone's down, I'll be at the track Thursday for a test 'n tune session with the kiddo. I'll have some corner dots down so he can learn track-driving. Future novice racer comin' at ya!
Hypertc3 likes this.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey folks, just want to send a note to let you know I'm planning to be at SeaTac Thursday for some test and tune action. The goal is to arrive around 10am and leave around 3pm. There's always a chance work will get in the way, but I'm gonna do my best to be there. And if any of you tag me on Facebook while I'm there (and supposed to be working) I'll kick you square in the jimmy. Hope to see some of you there.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thursday does look like the best day this week so I also intend to be there but not until ~3pm.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Hey folks, just want to send a note to let you know I'm planning to be at SeaTac Thursday for some test and tune action. The goal is to arrive around 10am and leave around 3pm. There's always a chance work will get in the way, but I'm gonna do my best to be there. And if any of you tag me on Facebook while I'm there (and supposed to be working) I'll kick you square in the jimmy. Hope to see some of you there.
If you bring your timing system, I'll THINK about not tagging you.....
Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
If you bring your timing system, I'll THINK about not tagging you.....
Don't make promises you have no intention of keeping.

I'll bring the timing rig, but there's one potential hitch in the giddyup: the cable from the decoder to the loop is with Todd, who will not be there tomorrow. I have a new cable on order, but will not have it for tomorrow. I'll see if I can rig something up with a temporary cable, but no guarantees.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

You can just hand count...
Old 05-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Update: looking to arrive around 11am, weather will be better then. Forecast is showing he best time will be around 2 or 3 pm. Hope to see some of you jokers at the track!
Old 05-21-2017, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Just a quick shoutout to the club for the epic track that is SeaTac RC Raceway. Great grip and amazing racing in each class!

Mod was especially fun to watch. Korey and Peeler putting on a show for the ages! Peeler taking the win with smoke rolling from under the car was just insanity...
Old 05-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Race Report 20May2017

Our second race of the 2017 Seatac RC Raceway season offered up about as fine a day as Seattle has to offer in May. The weather postponement, which is not something I like to do, as a rule, worked out beautifully. And the racers showed up. We had 46 entries, with our core classes sporting full heats, including B mains in Scale Spec and Stock TC. The layout was a nod to Indy upcoming, with a counter-clock dual sweeper that allowed us to carry a formidable quantity of speed into the left side, giving the guys in the paddock a prime view of the speeding cars under full lock and suspension compression as they flew past.

An awning for race central is in our near future, as I had hoped to get through a couple more races before it became absolutely necessary, but the computer was cooking in the afternoon sun, and there is simply no way it won't make us pay if we don't see to business soon. Kyle Bradshaw mowed the Landfill and spectator area near the entrance, thank you for that! Jake laid down the soda, another good Danilchik deed to go with the billion others since we started this band.

Class by class, the racing was superb day long. What I most like is how we handle ourselves given the low-to-no barriers. We don't have pipes to bail ourselves out of bad mistakes. It's simply not possible to go careening around the track bouncing off pipes. There are no pipes! On our track everyone has to think and be respectful while at the same time ripping it for glory. In the end, we break less stuff. The hoop will exact its toll when cars challenge it, as one might expect, but otherwise the track is forgiving, while at the same time requiring maximum attention.

Jesse is back and asserting himself in the Scale Spec class. It has been years, but he has hardly missed a beat. In Stock, Korey was shaking down a new car and setup for a friend. In Modified, Travis and Korey locked in an all-out high speed duel. To my eye, they look ready for Reedy. And speaking of Reedy, we have a big crew heading down to represent our club in the California classic at the historic Tamiya circuit in Aliso Viejo.

We're back at it in two weeks, June 3. Results attached.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-finalresults_05-20-2017.jpg  
Old 05-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Saturday Practice Session?

Hi all!

Is anyone planning to go to SeaTac this coming Saturday (May 27) for practice? I know we don't have a race that weekend, but "track time is track time" as they say.

Anyway, if anyone is going, what time do you plan to be there?

Thanks a bunch!
Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.