Old 08-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Radio sure does make a difference!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I've got the perfect buggy for you. Schumacher of course. Mid motor, the hard ass spike tires should work. I have a few extras. Any thing else you might need you know where to get . Its the first version of the buggy. $150.00
Wanna trade for an Mi4CXL with a few spares?

-Mike
Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blakktalon
I think a couple of you guys said my radio sucked... ... Now I believe you......
I got a new and shiny Spektrum dx3r. I am guessing that my old crappy tactics radio was using the slower 16.5ms sampling rate, instead of the new and shiny, 5.5ms and the steering servo is buttery smooth. This thing has to be about 3 times as good as my old set up. I might actually be able to aim for stuff on the track and be able to drive over it. Instead of twitchy overcorrecting into traffic cones, and getting hung up on rebars.
If you want another receiver for that DX3R, PM me. I'll give you a deal you can't refuse on an SR3520 (the awesome small one).

-Mike
Old 08-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
If you want another receiver for that DX3R, PM me. I'll give you a deal you can't refuse on an SR3520 (the awesome small one).

-Mike
I'm interested in your Rx, you gonna be at the FWR #5 NWAC Race ?
Old 08-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

-Mike
If I ever need to sell anything for realzies, I'm hiring you to promote the sale. I didn't think you'd ever sell this thing
Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wanna trade for an Mi4CXL with a few spares?

-Mike
let me think on that....
Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by el salvador
I'm interested in your Rx, you gonna be at the FWR #5 NWAC Race ?
Not sure yet.

Originally Posted by metalnut
If I ever need to sell anything for realzies, I'm hiring you to promote the sale. I didn't think you'd ever sell this thing
I know, right?

-Mike
Old 08-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

I happened upon the track last weekend with my kids.. great work on getting this together,.. it's way cool! I have the itch now to get a 2WD buggy together. I ran Tamiya Grasshoppers and Hornets in the mid 80's when I was in the 8th grade... looking around I was surprised to see that things haven't changed all that much.

These days I am a RC pilot, so I'm up-to-speed on radios, brushless, lipos etc.. in aircraft things are evolving very rapidly.

I'd like to build up a 2WD buggy kit to run on this track and need some suggestions. I'm ok spending,.. but nothing crazy... maybe $350 or so to start. I have good lipo charger (I assume my aircraft chargers will work fine here). I'm all for hobby king Lipo's.. and would consider a low cost transmitter... but would probably buy a spektrum.

I'm looking for suggestions on a kit that has at least some LHS support. Brusheless and LiPo is preferred strongly. Thinking about a TLR0022.. thoughts? Need suggestions on tires, motor, ESC, spare parts etc.

I do NOT want a kit that includes the radio etc. I prefer to invest once in a decent transmitter.

-Erik
Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Wow, TLR 22T kit on sale at A Main for $135($150 + 10% off labor day sale)....
Old 09-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'll sell you one with a motor and a couple spares for 150.00
Old 09-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Last edited by ryanpatrickgore; 09-04-2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: .
Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated in making the North SeaTac track happen.

My son and me were presented with an opportunity to race on Saturday. Well, it was either go racing or stay home to "enjoy" the presence of eight teenage girls having a salon sleep-over party. Fun in its own right but more for them than us, so we chose racing.

Our debate was go onroad or offroad. We flog the Traxxas Slash's on the driveway once in a while but we're mostly onroad drivers. So, I was hoping to run the last round at FastTrax. I thought Sam would also want to go onroading but, when I asked him what he wanted to do, there wasn't even a split second of hesitation before he said, "Let's go offroad, Dad!"

So, I finished my last few honey-do's for the day, we threw the Traxxas Slash's in the car and off we went on our first trip to the SeaTac track.

Had an absolute ball! By outward appearances, the other drivers there were having just as much fun. I wasn't sure Sam would like it (2wd on slippery dirt could be frustrating) but after getting the hang of it, he loved it!

Your labors have resulted in a venue that is being loved and used by many.

Thanks to you, we enjoyed a special day together.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you have done.

Bill Swadener
Old 09-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

What he ^ said my son and I have fun out there too.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
What he ^ said my son and I have fun out there too.
^^ what he said, about what Bill said!

I'm really impressed with the crowd at SeaTac track - lots of smiles and fun. I had a chance to contribute some sweat equity, and even that was a hoot.

Can't wait for the on-road track....
Old 09-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Couldn't agree more. Every time I go, it's a great, fun time for all. Despite the track being dusty and low traction, I enjoy it way more than TRCR in terms of fun per hour.

I've also noticed a lot of new-to-RC people, as well as would-like-an-RC people come by and get pointers, advice, help, etc. The community really pulls together out there. For a few battery packs' time we all forget our troubles and just have a good time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.