Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

the only reason schumacher did not win novce stock is because the driver "ahem" was being a gentleman. no more mr nice guy!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

thanks jon just cuple of questions.

we u say roll center 2mm (front) do u mean you have put 2mm shim ontop of the riser plats?? and same rear but 3mm.

and the shock tower mountings front wants to b on middle hole on std towers?? and on the rear with std tower it wants to b on hole 3? am i right like that?

and do u mesur droop with the shui gauge (chassis on 10mm blocks)

thanks bob
Old 10-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No, the roll center is the total measurement. So 2mm in front will just be the riser. 3mm in back is the 2mm riser plus 1mm shims. The Towers I'm using are the BMI towers. So it'll be the middle location on there both front and rear. Droop is measured above ride height. 5mm ride height plus 3mm droop will be 8mm on the ride height gauge. Then use the Schumacher gauge to make sure both sides are even.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

thats grate jon thanks bob
Old 10-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

The only thing is the grip in Vegas was insanely high. I don't know how high it will be at your track. Do they run foams there too?
Old 10-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Yeah, Teemu easily TQ'd the club race before the ROAR Nats and was running away with the race when a young corner marshall ran out to get a car and stepped right in front of Teemu's car...going full throttle. The good news is the kid is fine. Who would have thunk DC skate shoes were great at protecting your feet from 45mph Mod Sedans. The bad news is that the actual car Teemu used to win the Euros is completely destroyed.
Hahaha....I had a similar experience at DHI Cup in January. I was walking along the straight on my way to the drivers stand when something hit me from behind. Didn't feel it much thanks to my DC shoes, but the Tamiya that hit me was in pieces.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Teemu Chassis

Any major difference with the Teemu Chassis for the Mi2? How is it for Asphalt Racing? Or Ill be better off with the BMI Chassis? or better yet, just wait for the release of the EC? Thank you
Old 10-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

How else are they going to stop Teemu?

Why a kid though!

Last edited by rcshark; 10-05-2005 at 06:21 PM. Reason: not finished
Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Any major difference with the Teemu Chassis for the Mi2? How is it for Asphalt Racing? Or Ill be better off with the BMI Chassis? or better yet, just wait for the release of the EC? Thank you
The Teemu chassis is 2.5mm thick and it moves the cells back. It's also more narrow than the stock chassis. The BMI is narrower still and has the cells farther forward. I guess it's more of a preference thing but I liked the BMI better. The EC will have a chassis more like the Teemu chassis with a few differences.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

without running those chassis, based on what you just said I would have to say the BMI will have more steering and transitition faster. Im not sure why you would ever want to move the cells back on the chassis....unless rear bite was reallllly bad. I know that BMI made my TC4 into a totally different car. It's so much quicker through the middle of the turns. Different car, I know, but Jason applies the same theorys to his kits (my opinion)
Old 10-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

I liked having the cells forward like the BMI has. And you're right. The BMI felt as though it had more steering and transitioned quicker. It moves the cells father in and forward. I think the Teemu chassis felt more stable. Easier to drive.

In Vegas, Teemu and PW ran pretty much the exact same setup in foam mod. The only real difference was the chassis. Teemu's cells were farther forward than his normal chassis (more like the EC will be) but PW's were farther still. PW had tons of steering and Teemu felt his car pushed a little too much but was easy to drive.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Well, i haven't run the BMI chassis - so i have no idea how far forward the cells are, but i do have a few views and some experience of moving the weight around.

The stock Teemu chassis has the cells in what is "Back" and Inner" on the origional kit chassis. Now, that chassis was better than the kit one IMHO. However, moving the cells further in (2-3mm) was also a good improvement. Now, with all the weight near the back, you can suffer from a pendulum kind of effect, and strangely enough, you often get more turn in as well. I believe this is because you actually have more "weight transfer" forward as you break. We did test it and the cells forward always seemed smoother when going into the corners, but i think with them forward, you also get more on power steering.

By the sound of what Jon has said, the BMI is further forward than enything i've ever run
Old 10-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

I know exactly what you mean with the pendulum effect. I didn't get that with the Teemu chassis but I did when I used to run a Losi XXXS a while back. If I ran the cells back, the car would swing the back end very quickly. Steve Weiss was the one who taught me about that concept.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Now is the "new" car completely different than the Mi2,I did read a bit about the car but the photos were not clear.I guess the car was not designed as a carpet car more of an asphalt car.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
The only thing is the grip in Vegas was insanely high. I don't know how high it will be at your track. Do they run foams there too?
i dont think they run foams but the track int like normal carpet its a rubbery thing (its on a indoor runing track) i never been ther befor, but the grip is suposed to b like tarmac.

MATTW have u been ther (don vally sheffeild)

jon 2 more things what shock length you runing on that set up u gave me
and lastly wer its says ackerman/bump middle/3mm whats this mean (i dnt no waht all this ackerman is lol)

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.