Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

nah 1.1kg = 1100g
Old 04-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Aha. That's a blusher
What kind of TC weighs in at 1100 grams? That's like a super light Mini. I'd still start at 5.5 but would not be surprised if you couldn't get into the high 4's without getting into much trouble.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
That's 2400 grams? Seems heavy to me. I'd start at 6.0 and work down if you can....surface?
Is that there new math???

Old 04-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Aha. That's a blusher
What kind of TC weighs in at 1100 grams? That's like a super light Mini. I'd still start at 5.5 but would not be surprised if you couldn't get into the high 4's without getting into much trouble.
my tc is nothing special. it is a TRF 415 MSX with plenty of titanium screws,a specktrum pro version receiver (the stock one, not the micro one), and old KO fet servo, vfs1 ecs with capacitor and schotty, a 540 can stock motor, a lipo pack of 3500mah 20C about 210g. I bet most tcs can achieve the same weight
Old 04-23-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Is that there new math???
Hey, just because the rest of the world understands the metric system doesn't mean I have to!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Molala3
my tc is nothing special. it is a TRF 415 MSX with plenty of titanium screws,a specktrum pro version receiver (the stock one, not the micro one), and old KO fet servo, vfs1 ecs with capacitor and schotty, a 540 can stock motor, a lipo pack of 3500mah 20C about 210g. I bet most tcs can achieve the same weight

Not sure my 415 ever came in that low, but its a moot point considering the NA TCS series has minimum weight requirement of 1500g for GT1.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Dont shoot me down for asking, but I am just wanting to know if anyone has bothered trying it*

Has anyone took a silver can apart and replaced the bushes with bearings to see if it gives any better power? Did you try doing any other work to the motor whilst the arm was out too?

*purely as an experiment and not as a "race" motor as such...*

Just think!!!!

It could be a new class, outlaw silver can... Let 3 or so of the top guys battle it out and call the winner a cheat, and the rest of them loosers
Old 04-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
Dont shoot me down for asking, but I am just wanting to know if anyone has bothered trying it*

Has anyone took a silver can apart and replaced the bushes with bearings to see if it gives any better power? Did you try doing any other work to the motor whilst the arm was out too?

*purely as an experiment and not as a "race" motor as such...*

Just think!!!!

It could be a new class, outlaw silver can... Let 3 or so of the top guys battle it out and call the winner a cheat, and the rest of them loosers
Too much work for little rewards, I would rather put bearings in a 27t rebuildable, which I never have although guys I have raced with have.... lol

Although if that became a cheater class, guys would drop windings, replace the arm, put in neodymium magnets and even figure out a way to replace the brushes...
Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Too much work for little rewards, I would rather put bearings in a 27t rebuildable, which I never have although guys I have raced with have.... lol

Although if that became a cheater class, guys would drop windings, replace the arm, put in neodymium magnets and even figure out a way to replace the brushes...
I am just liking the thought of the idea for experimental purposes, imagine the humble silver can kicking a more powerful motor into the ground with a bit of time and effort put into it..

ok ok its defeating the object a bit calling it a silver can but hopefully some people can see where im coming from
Old 04-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Aha. That's a blusher
tried 5.6X today, not fast. i guess i know the reason why- i was using lipo and its charged up voltage is a lot lower than that of nimh. Will try 4.5X next time
Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

If you're running a motor cooling fan, how are you wiring it??? Are you wiring it to a receiver plug or directly to the battery leads????
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
I am just liking the thought of the idea for experimental purposes, imagine the humble silver can kicking a more powerful motor into the ground with a bit of time and effort put into it..

ok ok its defeating the object a bit calling it a silver can but hopefully some people can see where im coming from
i see what you mean, and i like it! its still a silver can if its silver...
Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
If you're running a motor cooling fan, how are you wiring it??? Are you wiring it to a receiver plug or directly to the battery leads????
I have used the receiver plug which I had to split to work my personal amb too.

Although with some hard hits, usually my fans have broke, so I have not been using them.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

On the mini, I wire the leads directly to the pos/neg on the esc. That way the fan runs any time the battery is plugged in- cools the motor both before the race and immediately afterwards. The fan uses only millivolts, so it's not enough of a drain on the battery to matter. And it helps the motor live much, much longer- maybe a 30 degree difference in temp right off the track.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

On the mini, I wire the leads directly to the pos/neg on the esc. That way the fan runs any time the battery is plugged in- cools the motor both before the race and immediately afterwards. The fan uses only millivolts, so it's not enough of a drain on the battery to matter. And it helps the motor live much, much longer- maybe a 30 degree difference in temp right off the track.
That's what I finally wound up doing. Going off the receiver made the fan run too slow. Thanx to all the responses tho. Appreciate it. Old guys like me tend to get confused and over complicate things
For the Minis, 3 Racing makes a really "cool" fan that comes with a bracket and makes mounting a one bolt operation. Got mine from Speed Tech. $10, but really well worth it for the convenience and the neat installation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.