Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #976
Tech Initiate

nah 1.1kg = 1100g
Molala3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #977
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Aha. That's a blusher
What kind of TC weighs in at 1100 grams? That's like a super light Mini. I'd still start at 5.5 but would not be surprised if you couldn't get into the high 4's without getting into much trouble.

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #978
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
That's 2400 grams? Seems heavy to me. I'd start at 6.0 and work down if you can....surface?
Is that there new math???

minimadman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #979
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Aha. That's a blusher
What kind of TC weighs in at 1100 grams? That's like a super light Mini. I'd still start at 5.5 but would not be surprised if you couldn't get into the high 4's without getting into much trouble.
my tc is nothing special. it is a TRF 415 MSX with plenty of titanium screws,a specktrum pro version receiver (the stock one, not the micro one), and old KO fet servo, vfs1 ecs with capacitor and schotty, a 540 can stock motor, a lipo pack of 3500mah 20C about 210g. I bet most tcs can achieve the same weight
Old 04-23-2008, 05:15 AM   #980
Tech Elite

Quote:
Is that there new math???
Hey, just because the rest of the world understands the metric system doesn't mean I have to!!!

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #981
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molala3 View Post
my tc is nothing special. it is a TRF 415 MSX with plenty of titanium screws,a specktrum pro version receiver (the stock one, not the micro one), and old KO fet servo, vfs1 ecs with capacitor and schotty, a 540 can stock motor, a lipo pack of 3500mah 20C about 210g. I bet most tcs can achieve the same weight

Not sure my 415 ever came in that low, but its a moot point considering the NA TCS series has minimum weight requirement of 1500g for GT1.
minimadman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #982
Tech Champion

Dont shoot me down for asking, but I am just wanting to know if anyone has bothered trying it*

Has anyone took a silver can apart and replaced the bushes with bearings to see if it gives any better power? Did you try doing any other work to the motor whilst the arm was out too?

*purely as an experiment and not as a "race" motor as such...*

Just think!!!!

It could be a new class, outlaw silver can... Let 3 or so of the top guys battle it out and call the winner a cheat, and the rest of them loosers

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #983
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Dont shoot me down for asking, but I am just wanting to know if anyone has bothered trying it*

Has anyone took a silver can apart and replaced the bushes with bearings to see if it gives any better power? Did you try doing any other work to the motor whilst the arm was out too?

*purely as an experiment and not as a "race" motor as such...*

Just think!!!!

It could be a new class, outlaw silver can... Let 3 or so of the top guys battle it out and call the winner a cheat, and the rest of them loosers
Too much work for little rewards, I would rather put bearings in a 27t rebuildable, which I never have although guys I have raced with have.... lol

Although if that became a cheater class, guys would drop windings, replace the arm, put in neodymium magnets and even figure out a way to replace the brushes...
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #984
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Ko View Post
Too much work for little rewards, I would rather put bearings in a 27t rebuildable, which I never have although guys I have raced with have.... lol

Although if that became a cheater class, guys would drop windings, replace the arm, put in neodymium magnets and even figure out a way to replace the brushes...
I am just liking the thought of the idea for experimental purposes, imagine the humble silver can kicking a more powerful motor into the ground with a bit of time and effort put into it..

ok ok its defeating the object a bit calling it a silver can but hopefully some people can see where im coming from

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #985
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Aha. That's a blusher
tried 5.6X today, not fast. i guess i know the reason why- i was using lipo and its charged up voltage is a lot lower than that of nimh. Will try 4.5X next time
Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #986
Tech Elite

If you're running a motor cooling fan, how are you wiring it??? Are you wiring it to a receiver plug or directly to the battery leads????
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #987
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I am just liking the thought of the idea for experimental purposes, imagine the humble silver can kicking a more powerful motor into the ground with a bit of time and effort put into it..

ok ok its defeating the object a bit calling it a silver can but hopefully some people can see where im coming from
i see what you mean, and i like it! its still a silver can if its silver...
Old 04-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #988
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
If you're running a motor cooling fan, how are you wiring it??? Are you wiring it to a receiver plug or directly to the battery leads????
I have used the receiver plug which I had to split to work my personal amb too.

Although with some hard hits, usually my fans have broke, so I have not been using them.
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #989
Tech Elite

On the mini, I wire the leads directly to the pos/neg on the esc. That way the fan runs any time the battery is plugged in- cools the motor both before the race and immediately afterwards. The fan uses only millivolts, so it's not enough of a drain on the battery to matter. And it helps the motor live much, much longer- maybe a 30 degree difference in temp right off the track.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #990
Tech Elite

Quote:
On the mini, I wire the leads directly to the pos/neg on the esc. That way the fan runs any time the battery is plugged in- cools the motor both before the race and immediately afterwards. The fan uses only millivolts, so it's not enough of a drain on the battery to matter. And it helps the motor live much, much longer- maybe a 30 degree difference in temp right off the track.
That's what I finally wound up doing. Going off the receiver made the fan run too slow. Thanx to all the responses tho. Appreciate it. Old guys like me tend to get confused and over complicate things
For the Minis, 3 Racing makes a really "cool" fan that comes with a bracket and makes mounting a one bolt operation. Got mine from Speed Tech. $10, but really well worth it for the convenience and the neat installation.
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote