Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

How great do you think a mugen clutch or any 3d clutch compared to a standard 2 speed?
Old 03-19-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hehehe the MTX3 sure is a good car out the box. Nice and light!
Are you trying to tell us something, AMG?
Maybe Little Bo Peep has had a word in your shell like?
Old 03-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Are you trying to tell us something, AMG?
Maybe Little Bo Peep has had a word in your shell like?
Hahahaha not really. I just think that the Mugen is a very good design. But I will be sticking with my Kyosho for a little while longer yet
Old 03-20-2003, 07:54 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

This apparent new V one R thats comming out is it going to be upgradable from the current V one R/RR or do you think we will have to bin our current cars?
Old 03-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default wheel revolution

I checked my V one RR today and found that when I rotate the rear wheel one complete revolution the front is turning less than the rear, is this normal? I just changed the front small pulley and the side rear to the aluminium one but it is still the same teeth(front small pulley 18T and side small pulley 19T). Is this normal because before I change to aluminium pulley I never check the wheel front rear revolution before. Also wouldn't this create a braking effect because the front is not rotate the same as rear?
Old 03-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TBR
This apparent new V one R thats comming out is it going to be upgradable from the current V one R/RR or do you think we will have to bin our current cars?
Does anybody have any evidence of a new car coming out? Ive heard rumours of shaft drive etc but nothing solid, come on spill the beans!

gt

Old 03-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile V-One RR Setup

Anyone have a good setup for unprepare asphalt parking lots:

01. For front stock diff/rear TCD (LSD) diff and foam tires?
02. For front one way/rear solid axle and foam tires?

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: wheel revolution

Originally posted by dameetz
I checked my V one RR today and found that when I rotate the rear wheel one complete revolution the front is turning less than the rear, is this normal? I just changed the front small pulley and the side rear to the aluminium one but it is still the same teeth(front small pulley 18T and side small pulley 19T). Is this normal because before I change to aluminium pulley I never check the wheel front rear revolution before. Also wouldn't this create a braking effect because the front is not rotate the same as rear?
The V1RR has a 25T side pulley. So if this is installed the front does rotate less. With a front oneway this is fine, but if you install a diff then it is very bad for handling. Use 27T side pulley with a front gear diff.
Old 03-22-2003, 08:05 PM
RC
Tech Apprentice

quote:quote:

The V1RR has a 25T side pulley. So if this is installed the front does rotate less. With a front oneway this is fine, but if you install a diff then it is very bad for handling. Use 27T side pulley with a front gear diff.
25t mid driven pulley makes front tires spin faster, not slower (8%). 27t makes fr/rr equal. Yes, 25t creates a breaking effect with both diff and one way because the fronts are pulling the rears so a tire dia split is needed to bring that percentage down (2-3%), just enough front pull to balance a solid rear/agressive set-up. Why when you spin your rear tire the front spins less is odd. Re-check that you have the pulleys installed in the correct locations (mid-driver 19t, mid-driven 25t, fr-driver 18t).
Old 03-23-2003, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

wheel revolution

I checked mine again today.when i spin the rear wheel one complete revolution the front only spin just pass half turn, I also checked my pulley everyhing is where it should be. Wouldn't this mean the front has less rotation than the rear? Anyhow what is the advantage of having front wheel run faster than the rear, also can I change to 27T front side pulley but still using front one way?
Old 03-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

For your v1r/r how did u find a place to put all of wires and stuff? i am deciding where to put it either on the upper deck somewhere or between battery and fuel tank or soemthing like that
Old 03-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

I checked mine again today.when i spin the rear wheel one complete revolution the front only spin just pass half turn, I also checked my pulley everyhing is where it should be. Wouldn't this mean the front has less rotation than the rear? Anyhow what is the advantage of having front wheel run faster than the rear, also can I change to 27T front side pulley but still using front one way?
Something is definately wrong there. Cannot tell what tho. The car will be undrivable with this much difference between front and rear.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

I tried starting my v1r wit a os tr today and the engine wont start i dont know why the flywheel will keep spinning but nothing, i checked the air filter and the engine was mad flooded then poured it out and redid everything and nothing help plz
Old 03-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NitroNut
I tried starting my v1r wit a os tr today and the engine wont start i dont know why the flywheel will keep spinning but nothing, i checked the air filter and the engine was mad flooded then poured it out and redid everything and nothing help plz
Engines are very simple things so there can only be a few things wrong.

1. Is the glowplug working?
2. Is your ignitor charged?
3. Is fuel getting to the carb?
4. Are the needles set for an easy start?

If all this is yes then it will start.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

if you are using diff. in the rear, make sure when you spin the rear wheels, both rear wheels spin in the same direction at the same rate. i am guessing the rear diff. is causing the big differences in rotation between the front and the rear wheels.

if you are uisng solid axial, then i have no idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.