Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by THeGame
hey whats the run time with this ?
Supposed to be 30% longer ... I am getting at least 120 seconds (at 30 amp discharge) left after a 5 min heat ...
Old 05-18-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

I'm getting about 20% longer times with the unlimited setting.

Bryan
Old 05-19-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default hesitation??

Originally posted by Hooked
Has anyone noticed hesitation in the Novak Brushless under hard throttle after neutral?

Seems to be happening when the ESC gets warm ...

FYI ... FT TC3 geared at 24/72 ... Large outdoor asphault track with medium traction currently.
We also run on a large outdoor track 180ft straight and i have geard the FT TC3 26/72 with no problems at all, motor and esc gets a little warm but no sighns of "cogging".....very fast!!!
Old 05-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I've run 26/72 on my TC3 with no problems. The ESC was hitting ~190F on the fins but it never shut down on me. I now run 22/69 on my TC3 and the ESC stays in the 150 range. thus far its the best investment on any electric rc I've purchased. incredible speed and power with no maintence and long 8-10min run times.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...my sentiments exactly

Originally posted by SixVi6-Camaro
Yeah I've run 26/72 on my TC3 with no problems. The ESC was hitting ~190F on the fins but it never shut down on me. I now run 22/69 on my TC3 and the ESC stays in the 150 range. thus far its the best investment on any electric rc I've purchased. incredible speed and power with no maintence and long 8-10min run times.
It's the perfect motor esc combo for tuning a new car..not having to worry about.... yeah you know all that..
Old 05-21-2003, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default Gearing

Well i decided to test how far these novaks would go in mod so far it is pulling 32/69 and is keeping up and passing anything down to a 8 turn so far.I may be risking damage but it just seems to pull it so well and has never shut down.The shear torque of it shoots out of corners better then any brushed motor i have run.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default BL Systems

Does anybody here got the Novak and Lehner BL systems?I would like to know if it is possible to use the novak ESC on a Lehner or a Hacker motor.

I already have the Novak system and thinking of getting a Lehner motor. Is this possible? I would appreciate any information.

Last edited by Assasin; 05-22-2003 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A sensored speedie needs a sensored motor to work.
A non sensored speedie can run either a sensored or no sensored motor.

Novak speedie is sensored, so you can work out the rest.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Besercoe
A sensored speedie needs a sensored motor to work.
A non sensored speedie can run either a sensored or no sensored motor.

Novak speedie is sensored, so you can work out the rest.
Besercoe - Do you mean that I can use my GT7 Esc on a Hacker or Lehner motor?

How about all those years that Novak spent in developing a controller for a BL motor that will work for RC Cars. I dont think so!

Last edited by Assasin; 05-23-2003 at 04:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Assasin: No, you have to run a BL controller on BL motors.

Would be very cool though, if Novak made a sensorless BL controller with the size of the SS, and handled around 100A with no cogging
Old 05-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default Why do you people need...

one that will work with the other? Use a Novak Speedo and a Novak Motor. Its a no brainer. No bugs and its like a 10 turn brushed. Any faster and you won't have any run time. Besides Germany is anti America, why support them? France and Germany are searching for anti-American followers. Ever deal with these companies? I emailed them a few times asking about their products and they were total A-holes. Don't buy from them if you are any kind of a patriot.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

I don`t care too much about that since I come from Norway.
The Novak SS system isn`t comparable on the track to a 10T. Some guys at my track has tried it, and they said it performed like a 14T (we run a 12T class here, and it didn`t have the same top-end). You will have run time, as long as you use something with more capacity than a 1200mah battery

Last edited by miniman; 05-23-2003 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

Default Then spend time on...

Norway's RC sites if it don't matter to you.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

I meant that I don`t care that much if Germany is "Anti-american", since i don`t live in your country.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Because it is a right of a consumer to make a choice...

Cool it guys

miniman: thanks for clearing things up.

nightbreed: i think more people would be interested in the BL system if one works with the other. I magine how much money I would save if I can use my Novak SS controler on any BL motors out there.

It would be good though if Novak and similar companies will offer a controller that can be use on any existing BL motors today and can handle higher amps and no cogging. It will be up to us racers then to decide what type of motor to use at any given applications. Whether it is stock racing , modified racing , rock crawling or drag racing, whatever.... Just like what we are enjoying now with the non BL systems. This will really benifit us all.

If this controller will be made available I think this will encourage more racers to join the revolution and open a whole new impression towards electric racing. These big motor companies( Tr... Re...) have been making a lot of money for years and now the time has come that an alternative was made available and it is up to us to take advantage! Why not? let's join the revolution and make way for a new class! just my two cents

Last edited by Assasin; 05-23-2003 at 05:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.