Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Bell cranks are plastic for those who where wondering.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Not sure if I would have any faith in them but has anyone tried these from RC mart? They look skimpy and there's only two settings. Would would rather see Xray test and design them. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ay-t3-204.html post 3050

What is the benefit of having the camber links vertical instead of on the shock tower?
Also, is there a release date on the car yet?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kobiwan
What is the benefit of having the camber links vertical instead of on the shock tower?
Also, is there a release date on the car yet?
So you can raise the link position by much smaller increments rather than by a couple of holes on the tower.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure if I would have any faith in them but has anyone tried these from RC mart? They look skimpy and there's only two settings. Would would rather see Xray test and design them. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ay-t3-204.html post 3050
I haven't been able to find them at RC Mart.

Skiddins
Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so is there going to be a conversion kit?

So far all i can find is:
301131 - bottom deck
301192 - upper deck
302506 - dual servo saver set, now i presume this is everything thats needed? like the servo saver set for the t2/t3

everything else seems to be the same.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xray09ACT
so is there going to be a conversion kit?

So far all i can find is:
301131 - bottom deck
301192 - upper deck
302506 - dual servo saver set, now i presume this is everything thats needed? like the servo saver set for the t2/t3

everything else seems to be the same.
I'm pretty sure when Paul and Drew got the prototype items for the IIC it was just those parts and not complete kits either and then they just transfered over their existing parts.

On second thought I may have to retract the above, as I forgot that the complete cars come with the aluminum already mounted to the chassiss, so they may have been complete kits and then just transfered the remainder of their existing cars.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 10-04-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
I know the original T3's had an issue with the suspension arm mounts pulling through the chassis in a hard hit, and I've been known to have some hard hits...

Since it doesn't seem to be in the 2011 car, is it worth getting the lower arm [rear] suspension brace [302048-O] with the car and building it that way, at least for me starting out with the new car? Looking everything over that I can get my hands on, that's really the only optional part I really see myself "needing", at least until I feel confident enough with the car that I won't have a hard hit without help.

I understand that brace will stiffen up the rear of the car a bit, I'm sure I can tune around that, if need be.

Broken parts at some point or another are a fact of life, but I'd prefer not to break a chassis plate, they're expensive.
So does anyone have an opinion on this? Good insurance, or unnecessary expense?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I don't think the rear is needed. Some day it keeps the toe consistant in the back but I've never had issues with the two piece ones in the rear
Old 10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
So does anyone have an opinion on this? Good insurance, or unnecessary expense?
I run the one piece parts in the front and back. I had a very slight rear toe difference in the back with the two piece items but the one piece fixed this up, I also did not notice a performance difference between the 2 items. Looks like with a new kit you'd only have to buy the 1 piece for the back. I'd get it myself.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Suspended

Yea I agree. I've never seen an issue with them pulling through on the rear, and I've never personally experienced any inconsistencies from running the independent blocks. I don't think you need the 1 piece, but it may not be a bad thing to have in the parts box if you've got a little extra $ and want the insurance.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I haven't been able to find them at RC Mart.

Skiddins
What you are looking for was posted by RCMarket, not RC Mart. I would usually do a search in a attempt to get a link to post, but if you've ever tried to navigate rcmarket.com.hk you'll understand why I'm not going to bother in this case. That site reminds me of how browsing the internet was 14 years ago
Old 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I wonder if the t3 2011 will come with the one piece rear, as even the t3r does. Yes all four blocks are one piece on the t3r
Old 10-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I don't think the rear is needed. Some day it keeps the toe consistant in the back but I've never had issues with the two piece ones in the rear
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I run the one piece parts in the front and back. I had a very slight rear toe difference in the back with the two piece items but the one piece fixed this up, I also did not notice a performance difference between the 2 items. Looks like with a new kit you'd only have to buy the 1 piece for the back. I'd get it myself.
Originally Posted by R Dodge
Yea I agree. I've never seen an issue with them pulling through on the rear, and I've never personally experienced any inconsistencies from running the independent blocks. I don't think you need the 1 piece, but it may not be a bad thing to have in the parts box if you've got a little extra $ and want the insurance.
Thanks guys. As I said, I don't replace cars very often [this will be the first time in 4 years upgrading my electric TC], so money's not as big of a focus as longevity and performance. If there's no noticeable negative effect on performance, I'll get the rear brace when I order my kit.

Thanks again.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Can anyone confirm?

if it comes with a one or two piece toe block? I hope it comes with the one piece. It would be just another item I would need.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

if it comes with a one or two piece toe block? I hope it comes with the one piece. It would be just another item I would need.
Dude, seriously, I don't think RC is for you. Manufacturers have "option" and "aftermarket" parts for a reason. Sometimes it's cost, sometimes it's because there's no performance advantage over the things we "want".

You keep wanting everything YOU want in one box, even if it raises the price. Well guess what? You can get what you want, it's just NOT going to be all in one box, so get over it.

I've never put anyone on any message board on ignore, but you're close. This constant whining, nitpicking and "woahisme" attitude is worse than dealing with other people's kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.