R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #331
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,137
Default

Bell cranks are plastic for those who where wondering.
__________________
A racecar is only as good as the mechanic who build it.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #332
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 465
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Not sure if I would have any faith in them but has anyone tried these from RC mart? They look skimpy and there's only two settings. Would would rather see Xray test and design them. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ay-t3-204.html post 3050

What is the benefit of having the camber links vertical instead of on the shock tower?
Also, is there a release date on the car yet?
__________________
Futaba 7PX---Xray T4 '18 ---R1 Wurks---EAMotorsports---Hobbywing
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #333
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan View Post
What is the benefit of having the camber links vertical instead of on the shock tower?
Also, is there a release date on the car yet?
So you can raise the link position by much smaller increments rather than by a couple of holes on the tower.
__________________
Quote, Leodis, 2007: ''I've been shopping online for 9 years and the only charge I've ever had to dispute with my credit card company was from TiR. Congratulations TiR. Even porn sites are more ethical than your company!''

RC cars - I haz sum.
academygaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #334
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Not sure if I would have any faith in them but has anyone tried these from RC mart? They look skimpy and there's only two settings. Would would rather see Xray test and design them. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ay-t3-204.html post 3050
I haven't been able to find them at RC Mart.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #335
Tech Regular
 
xray09ACT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

so is there going to be a conversion kit?

So far all i can find is:
301131 - bottom deck
301192 - upper deck
302506 - dual servo saver set, now i presume this is everything thats needed? like the servo saver set for the t2/t3

everything else seems to be the same.
__________________
ACE Hobby Australia | Monaro models
TEAM Associated TC6 | LRP | LRP
TEAM Associated TC6 | Nosram | Nosram
TEAM Associated 12R5.1 | LRP | LRP
xray09ACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #336
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray09ACT View Post
so is there going to be a conversion kit?

So far all i can find is:
301131 - bottom deck
301192 - upper deck
302506 - dual servo saver set, now i presume this is everything thats needed? like the servo saver set for the t2/t3

everything else seems to be the same.
I'm pretty sure when Paul and Drew got the prototype items for the IIC it was just those parts and not complete kits either and then they just transfered over their existing parts.

On second thought I may have to retract the above, as I forgot that the complete cars come with the aluminum already mounted to the chassiss, so they may have been complete kits and then just transfered the remainder of their existing cars.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 10-04-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #337
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
I know the original T3's had an issue with the suspension arm mounts pulling through the chassis in a hard hit, and I've been known to have some hard hits...

Since it doesn't seem to be in the 2011 car, is it worth getting the lower arm [rear] suspension brace [302048-O] with the car and building it that way, at least for me starting out with the new car? Looking everything over that I can get my hands on, that's really the only optional part I really see myself "needing", at least until I feel confident enough with the car that I won't have a hard hit without help.

I understand that brace will stiffen up the rear of the car a bit, I'm sure I can tune around that, if need be.

Broken parts at some point or another are a fact of life, but I'd prefer not to break a chassis plate, they're expensive.
So does anyone have an opinion on this? Good insurance, or unnecessary expense?
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #338
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

I don't think the rear is needed. Some day it keeps the toe consistant in the back but I've never had issues with the two piece ones in the rear
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #339
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
So does anyone have an opinion on this? Good insurance, or unnecessary expense?
I run the one piece parts in the front and back. I had a very slight rear toe difference in the back with the two piece items but the one piece fixed this up, I also did not notice a performance difference between the 2 items. Looks like with a new kit you'd only have to buy the 1 piece for the back. I'd get it myself.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #340
Tech Elite
 
R Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,426
Default

Yea I agree. I've never seen an issue with them pulling through on the rear, and I've never personally experienced any inconsistencies from running the independent blocks. I don't think you need the 1 piece, but it may not be a bad thing to have in the parts box if you've got a little extra $ and want the insurance.
__________________
★RCAmerica •Xray •Hudy •Motiv •PROTOform •Gravity •Avid •TQ Wire •Sanwa •BSR •ProLevelRC •2mmDesigns •Timmy •5Nines★
R Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #341
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
I haven't been able to find them at RC Mart.

Skiddins
What you are looking for was posted by RCMarket, not RC Mart. I would usually do a search in a attempt to get a link to post, but if you've ever tried to navigate rcmarket.com.hk you'll understand why I'm not going to bother in this case. That site reminds me of how browsing the internet was 14 years ago
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #342
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

I wonder if the t3 2011 will come with the one piece rear, as even the t3r does. Yes all four blocks are one piece on the t3r
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #343
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I don't think the rear is needed. Some day it keeps the toe consistant in the back but I've never had issues with the two piece ones in the rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I run the one piece parts in the front and back. I had a very slight rear toe difference in the back with the two piece items but the one piece fixed this up, I also did not notice a performance difference between the 2 items. Looks like with a new kit you'd only have to buy the 1 piece for the back. I'd get it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dodge View Post
Yea I agree. I've never seen an issue with them pulling through on the rear, and I've never personally experienced any inconsistencies from running the independent blocks. I don't think you need the 1 piece, but it may not be a bad thing to have in the parts box if you've got a little extra $ and want the insurance.
Thanks guys. As I said, I don't replace cars very often [this will be the first time in 4 years upgrading my electric TC], so money's not as big of a focus as longevity and performance. If there's no noticeable negative effect on performance, I'll get the rear brace when I order my kit.

Thanks again.
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #344
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Can anyone confirm?

if it comes with a one or two piece toe block? I hope it comes with the one piece. It would be just another item I would need.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #345
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
if it comes with a one or two piece toe block? I hope it comes with the one piece. It would be just another item I would need.
Dude, seriously, I don't think RC is for you. Manufacturers have "option" and "aftermarket" parts for a reason. Sometimes it's cost, sometimes it's because there's no performance advantage over the things we "want".

You keep wanting everything YOU want in one box, even if it raises the price. Well guess what? You can get what you want, it's just NOT going to be all in one box, so get over it.

I've never put anyone on any message board on ignore, but you're close. This constant whining, nitpicking and "woahisme" attitude is worse than dealing with other people's kids.
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net