Wiki Posts
Search

T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
You're not getting the car because it will be hot, you're getting the car because EJ is your HERO!

How much are you PAYING EJ to let you on the TEAM?????
OBAMA endorses TOP as well.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

anybody seen or talk to EJ or Michael from TOP
Old 12-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
anybody seen or talk to EJ or Michael from TOP

Hey George,

We're around, just busy. Shoot us an email anytime.

[email protected]

Talk to you soon.

EJ
Old 12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

How will the parts from the new car be offered? If a customer would like a pair (meaning two) of steering knuckles....will they be packaged this way? The same goes for the arms? The current car uses HB parts and you have to purchase two packs just to get a pair of anything. Just trying to get some answers before the kit is released.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

At this point we have no idea how the replacement parts will be packaged, but nobody likes the way the HPI stuff is done. We will put in a request
Old 12-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
How will the parts from the new car be offered? If a customer would like a pair (meaning two) of steering knuckles....will they be packaged this way? The same goes for the arms? The current car uses HB parts and you have to purchase two packs just to get a pair of anything. Just trying to get some answers before the kit is released.
Yokomo is packed the same way.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by odpurple
At this point we have no idea how the replacement parts will be packaged, but nobody likes the way the HPI stuff is done. We will put in a request
AMEN to that. Keep us up to date on that situation. BTW....Scotty was going to let me run his WGT car on Saturday but I wussed out. I didn't want to break it before the main.
Originally Posted by King of B Main
Yokomo is packed the same way.
No one runs that car out here and they don't have the new sweet hotness about to be released How ya been bro???
Old 12-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Busy working.....but gotta get ready for are Toys for Tots race. I think TOP is one of the sponsors they usually donate product to most of are bigger semi club races.

Well hopefully you guys are doing good up North and we will get the new car soon. You ready to try Orion speedo ? You will definately like it.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Busy working.....but gotta get ready for are Toys for Tots race. I think TOP is one of the sponsors they usually donate product to most of are bigger semi club races.

Well hopefully you guys are doing good up North and we will get the new car soon. You ready to try Orion speedo ? You will definately like it.
Once I get word on when it arrives you know I'm all over it. Is Randay the only one with one out your way? I would like to know how it handles in 13.5
Old 12-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

no alot of people have it....Its already in hobby stores out here...
Old 12-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

no alot of people have it....Its already in hobby stores out here...
No one has it up here. Everyone keeps asking me about it so I guess I better get one so that I can answer some questions
Old 12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

I raced yesterday with my TOP scythe with all the allu parts on it.
frond the blue Xray springs and in the back little bit softer corally springs.
3th fastest lap time and qualified 7th
1st final 3the and the other 2 7th.
everything went great. the car was handling great.
i made in the second and 3th final to many misstackes.

I drove in the second final to the 4th place but some misstakes droped me down to 6th and in the final lap nr 7 past me.
In the 3th leg my car feld better than the second final and i drove to the 5th place.
again in the last part of the race i droped back to the 7th place. I came 0,1 sec to short to run an extra lap or els i was 6th. nr 6 made a mistacke and i passed him. i was finishd by than so it was to late.

Overal i feld that i hath a change to get an better resuld but because of some on misstakes it didn't happen.
The car feld gooed and i notist that i was faster than some other drivers in frond of me.
my car was more forgiving and i hath more grip.
Next race is 01-04-2009. first i will drive in viol a race. I think i can do better there than i dith last time. The car is a lot better than a month ago.

greetings Emiel

can't wait for the new car.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

STLNLST - I am not sure how the parts will be packaged or what the exact price will be but I can tell you that the intent through the design, initial samples and changes we have made since the initial design has been to sacrifice nothing with keeping the price down. They are working on all the #'s but I know the goal (they think is achievable) is to match the TC5 in price. The difference though, the Photon will already come with aluminum differentials!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
STLNLST - I am not sure how the parts will be packaged or what the exact price will be but I can tell you that the intent through the design, initial samples and changes we have made since the initial design has been to sacrifice nothing with keeping the price down. They are working on all the #'s but I know the goal (they think is achievable) is to match the TC5 in price. The difference though, the Photon will already come with aluminum differentials!
Josh, is there going to be a Photon "upgrade" package for the Scythe?
Or is it a whole new design?

THX
Old 12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nova - I think the body clips from the Scythe will still work... Sorry, there isn't really much that crosses over... Bearings, universals and some minor stuff but that's about it. A lot of the Scythe was OEM from other companies where the Photon is 100% TOP Racing. I think everyone will be very happy with the Photon thought as I know I've been very happy with everything coming so far. All the drawings and minor details were finalized and as far as I know, everything is in production now or sometime this week. I think they are still shooting for a late Jan/Feb release but don't quote me on that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.