Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by mike_Webb
Can you get bigger then 128?

I am running 125 25 and mine are fine
Did you have the problem of the rear belt touching onto the motor?
Old 09-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Nope.... I mean the belt touches the motor but it is not tight on the Motor.... If I adjust the rear support so the belt is tighter then the belt would be off the motor... but my 8 Turn Ti does not have the Sticker rubbed off where the belt runs on the motor....I think when I give it power the belt tightens up and doesn't touch the motor.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jbackslash
stik,
Just curious how you are wired to your motor. Did you solder corally style plugs to your motor?
Jbackslash: Yes, but those are "mini euro" (corally type) plugs that i used. The normal ones are a bit too long and the plugs doesn't have holes on the side to mount your wires perpendicular to the plugs, unlike these "minis" that I found.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mike- yes the rear belt does tighten when u rip the throttle thats why its not a concern. I had this same concern when i first built the car but its not a problem.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
Mike- yes the rear belt does tighten when u rip the throttle thats why its not a concern. I had this same concern when i first built the car but its not a problem.
Thanks! Yet when I put in a smaller pinion gear, the rear belt gets fairly tight on the motor. Anyway, I will give it a try and see how it goes.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yea I agree with Mike, the belt at rest seems to lay on the motor, but when the car is in motion it doesnt touch at all, at least on my car. Try it out for yourself and see. Hold the car and get on the throttle....I think you will see that the rear belt will tighten enough not to touch the motor. You would want to run the belt as loose as you can without touching the motor...my opinion. I dont think you want to adjust the tension on the rear belt.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can someone answer this for me.

When you guys spin your low ratio tranny does it spin for awhile.

My stock tranny and low ratio spin about the same amount of time. I think my low ratio tranny is bound up somewhere, but I've taken it apart a few times and it never seems to spin longer than the stock tranny.

Would it spin longer or can you only notice the benefits on the track. I can't say I really noticed a difference in how hard it accelerates. However I put the pullies on in the summer, so I never got to test it back to back.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by stik
Jbackslash: Yes, but those are "mini euro" (corally type) plugs that i used. The normal ones are a bit too long and the plugs doesn't have holes on the side to mount your wires perpendicular to the plugs, unlike these "minis" that I found.
Could you get a better shot of how you have the plugs soldered on? Also where did you get them from?
Old 09-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got my x-ray t1r today, and I've started building it. And I have to say I am everybit empressed . X-ray paid so much attention designing this kit, from the flat spots on the hinge pins to the wider area at the top of the screw holes to help start a screw hole. And there's almost not flashing to cut off, there was probably 5 times the amout on my tc3. And the color instructions are excellent. The only problem I have right now (the only thing I've installed are the rear suspension less shocks, and the front bulkheads, diff, and suspension arms), but my front belt is really really tight. I don't know if that will free up as I continue to build the kit, but its really really tight right now.

When you install the low ratio pulleys, how does that help performance? Can't you do the same thing with a different size pinion or spur? Or does it make a difference weather or not the change is made in the transmission? I'm kinda confused here, so I'm looking for someone to clear it up .

Another question, will my tc3 springs fit on the x-ray shocks? And what how many lbs. (associated purple springs are 30 lbs. , ect.) are the springs in the kit. Thanks! I cant wait to drive this bad boy
Old 09-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

but my front belt is really really tight. I don't know if that will free up as I continue to build the kit, but its really really tight right now.

just wait till you install the upper deck and tighten up all the screws, the belt wont be tight any more. i notice this when installing the t1r chassis on my evo 2, but after tightening up the upper deck, the tightness dissapear.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

[i]
When you install the low ratio pulleys, how does that help performance? Can't you do the same thing with a different size pinion or spur? Or does it make a difference weather or not the change is made in the transmission? I'm kinda confused here, so I'm looking for someone to clear it up .

[/B]
The low ratio pullys lower the over all ratio giving it more rip fomr what I am told adn changing the gearing its kinda the same thing but with the lower pully I think the drivetrain would be spining fast due to them being smaller and freer.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jbackslash
Could you get a better shot of how you have the plugs soldered on? Also where did you get them from?
i can buy these small euro connector locally here in Singapore. You can also get them from Integy under the battery accessories section. I'll take some pics of the motor connection later and post it here for you.

For the mean time, here a pic of the connector from integy site ...
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-mini-euro-plug.jpg  
Old 09-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Pulley's:

What I found.

Low ratio pulley's made the drive train free spin much longer. As for acceleration I felt the 2.125 pulley's have a more punchy feel. My suggestion is small tighter tracks run the 2.125 pulley's and for a larger more open track run the 1.77 pulley's. Top end seems to be a little better with the 1.177, but corner to corner I like the 2.125.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by stik
i can buy these small euro connector locally here in Singapore. You can also get them from Integy under the battery accessories section. I'll take some pics of the motor connection later and post it here for you.

For the mean time, here a pic of the connector from integy site ...
Thank you
Old 09-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Anyone know of a company that makes a titanium screw kit for the evo2 and if so where are some places to get them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.