Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rob,

if you need a killer Xray set-up-just e-mail me!! hahahaha!!!

Ray
Old 04-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Get me dialed in Ray I do not want to look like a chump with my beginner X-Ray car I hope to graduate to an EVO2 later in the year............................. LOL

I'll call ya later this week and give ya the skinny on the kit.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone tried locking their front diff? I'm contemplating it considering the spool outdrives have worn notches in them. My concern would be if the diff screw won't get too stressed and snap.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The only problem with locking a diff is that it truley isn't locked like the solid diff. But with a locked diff you wouldn't get the notching problem. It may handle a little different with a locked diff over the solid diff. They need to hard anodize the outdrives or make some pin cusions like IRS makes. Anyone important listening?
Old 04-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

I spoke with Ralph Burch about tightening a diff down until it is locked and asked if the diff screw would get stressed enough to snap. He mentioned that it normally snaps as a result of a crash of some sort. Hmmmmm, I'd better stop hitting things.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

I got a Evo2 as a b-day gift from my girlfriend. What a gal! What a car! I'm almost done building this kit and so far I'm very much impressed with the design and quality of the parts. The only tough part was getting the ball connectors onto the shock pistons.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has tried the setup with the batteries in a row instead of 3+3 saddle arrangement. All my batteries are soldered in a row and I still have my other cars. It would be a pain to go back and forth between saddle and inline. Is there a big difference in performance/handling between the two battery setups for the Evo2?

-Headbanger
Old 04-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

6 cell on the X-Ray makes the car very UNbalanced. I car is absolutely perfect 3x3. I suggest taking the time to spilt your batteries up. It is not time consuming at all and the benefits out way the time loss.

Good luck and I am sure you will love the car once you drive it. Caddy with rip is all I can say about it................
Old 04-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have used a locked diff and find it is better than the spool. I would recommend a locked diff over the spool for now. SS spool anyone?
Old 04-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, I recently converted my spring steel into a lock front diff and works great running mod motors. I had to modify it quite a bit but was easy. It seemed to work great so I'll be using this come mid-May when I'm competing in Asia. One way is good for technical stuff but when the tracks open up during the outdoor season, the lock diff is the way to go!

Jimmy
Old 04-22-2003, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

a Caddy with rip!! love it

FEEEEETWOOOOD!
Old 04-22-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

RandyB-if I had the cash right now-I would snatch up your evo2 in a heartbeat!!! Oh well!!! Babies gotta eat sometime!!!

I also finally put on my adj. front sway bar for tonights racing. This leads me to a question.

With shocks off, when I lift the right wheel (or the side with the female end of the sway bar) the left arms rises with it in sync. Cool!!! No binding also.

Now when I lift the left wheel first. the right wheel only lifts a little and only when the right wheel is almost to the top of its extension. Is this normal? I think it is-but checking anyways!!

I always wonder if my adjstable sway bars are right!!! hahaha!!!

Thanks guys,
Ray
p.s. Jimmy-Thanks for the GREAT essay on the T1R you wrote!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

rayhuang: You need to adjust the eccentric cam screw. It explains this on page 20 of the Evo2 Set-Up Book.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just put the sway bar on my t1r and had the same question my does the exact same as yours!
I am new to the whole blade type sway bars as I have never got into nitro sedan or 1/8 scales.

I am very very happy with the t1r Hmmm you can get a t1r plus all the hop up you might need sway bars top deck etc for the same price as a basic evo2 hmmmm.

I see why they put this car out after the evo2its a good price I have a few people looking at it right now

I need cells bad!
Old 04-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Shiloh-Thanks!!

RandyB-I cannot trade you cells for car-but I do have GP cells in stock and more coming!!! Some from Power PUsh and some from Pro Match Racing. 1.15 to 1.16 stuff.

Ray
Old 04-22-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Ray,

Your sway bar definitely should not be doing that. It should be equal from one side to another. I am wondering if your car turned better tonight than the other. I would predict it did. Wish we lived closer so we could test and share more info. I sent you an e-mail. Send me your complete set up (toe, camber, shock, tires, etc....). The car is great and there is no reason why the TC3's should be dominating. You've seen it done a number of times.

RandyB,

All about the FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETWOOD. I cannot think of anything better to say about the X-Ray than a "CADDY with RIP". Drives like a dream and has some rip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.