Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I set it to .3 like I had it in Vegas. Same setting as the other guys at my track are using. It was also happening with my 17.5 motor on .5 delay.
on the bench, pull the throttle full and hold it. does the lights on the teking flash? If so you are hitting turbo. if you can see it on the track then see if the lights flash. also check your radio calibration. since the speedo is watching for full throttle and you have a .5sec delay. you have to hold full throttle for that long. some radios wander a little more the others. so the speedo may not be seeing full throttle. calibrate with the radio down 5% or soo on high endpoint and then after calibration, but it back to 100%. that is with radios that have high points of say 150, bump it down to 140-145 and calibrate, then bump it back up to 150

and kick P2 in the ass for me.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by theisgroup
on the bench, pull the throttle full and hold it. does the lights on the teking flash? If so you are hitting turbo.
All of the lights flashing indicates that the ESC is seeing full throttle. Lift the car up, pull full throttle for more than the delay time, and it will be obvious if turbo is kicking in. If it "goes away" after a few minutes, when this happens, lift the car up and try this again. It should be obvious if the turbo is kicking in. If it isn't, check the LEDs. If they aren't flashing at full throttle, your throttle endpoint is drifting. Try recalibrating with the throttle EPA at 90%, then after re-calibrating, reset the EPA in your radio to 100%.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Having a problem with my 2nd RS today. The first 2 to 4 laps the car feels great and you can definitely see the turbo kick in. But after that the seems like it is stuck in first gear, like turbo isn't kicking in. I've already tried rebinding my radio gear, reprogramming the RS, and finally did a factory reset. None of those seemed to fix it. The motor (LRP 13.5) was running just under 150 degrees and the ESC felt warm for the first time that I've ever noticed. Any ideas?

My other RS is running great still. I'll probably swap the 2 since my other RS is in my 1/12th where I don't use turbo right now anyway.
You did do the " set the end point of full throttle position to 90 while calibrating to RS, then return to 100 after done" when you recalibrated each time, this can cause similar loss of turbo issue.

oops, just saw others had also suggested this as well. great minds think alike.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bukil
Gearing?

Wow.. Big track I assume?

I think you are not letting your motor get all the timing boost before the turbo takes over. I don't know your gearing, but if I were to use that setup at my track, my car will feel sluggish - turbo will not be consistent due to the turbo delay too low. It's like shifting from 1st gear to third right away.

Try:
25 timing boost
0.8 - 1 sec

Gearing is important.
A delay that big would put me past the straight already. I'm geared at 7.14 while everyone else running the exact same setup are gearing at 6.93.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by theisgroup
on the bench, pull the throttle full and hold it. does the lights on the teking flash? If so you are hitting turbo. if you can see it on the track then see if the lights flash. also check your radio calibration. since the speedo is watching for full throttle and you have a .5sec delay. you have to hold full throttle for that long. some radios wander a little more the others. so the speedo may not be seeing full throttle. calibrate with the radio down 5% or soo on high endpoint and then after calibration, but it back to 100%. that is with radios that have high points of say 150, bump it down to 140-145 and calibrate, then bump it back up to 150

and kick P2 in the ass for me.
I am hitting full throttle on the bench. It actually works fine for the first few laps then it fades.

I'm tryin to...but he's too fast for me
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-E
Jeff,

What size track do you run that setup on?
i dont know the dimensions of the track but but the track is small . but there is a sweeper before the straight and a sweeper at the end of the straight. i want to play with the setting a little more but i think i am going to bump up the turbo slightly and the boost a little bit but i will drop aq tooth or two when i try it.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Oh I get it now...I could be having wander in my EPA that is causing it to lose top end after a few laps. Then when I turn off my radio and turn it back on it resets and works again for a short time. I'll give the EPA trick a try and hope that helps. I won't know until this weekend when we race again. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am hitting full throttle on the bench. It actually works fine for the first few laps then it fades.

I'm tryin to...but he's too fast for me
no physically kick hiim in the butt.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
The ESC will actually go in smoke even if not switched on if the polarity is reversed at the battery. Don't ask how I know.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vazzo
Thanks for clarifying.
I found this out at Nationals, with the esc off it smoked up
Old 12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Oh I get it now...I could be having wander in my EPA that is causing it to lose top end after a few laps. Then when I turn off my radio and turn it back on it resets and works again for a short time. I'll give the EPA trick a try and hope that helps. I won't know until this weekend when we race again. Thanks for the suggestions.
We didn't try that at the track yesterday. I was having the same problem a while back and the EPA trick didn't work for me. All I did was reset the RS and recalibrated to the radio.

Here are my settings from yesterday:
Drag: 20
Brk strength: 100
Neutral width: 10
Profile: 3
Cutoff: 2
Timing boost: 26
Turbo: Full
Delay: .3
17.5 Trinity Duo, 0* timing
FDR 5.0

Car was a rocket, but I want more infield so will probably drop the timing down to 22-24 next time.

Don't worry, we'll get you going!

Yang - Watch it buddy
Old 12-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default tekin rs pro

hai guys so sad that nobody want to reply my question hope somebody form tekin will answer it i am a fan tekin and i buy rs pro and hotwire
in my country malaysia quite exspensive while my frnd mostly using lrp only i alone using tekin product
1)why my 3pks cant match with the rspro, everytime need to ush 3 scnd button and need to push sw3 button then i can play my car?
2) hot wire setting! as i understand reading this forum, setting need as per trek
condition then ur car can go like a rocket or can saw the car have 2 speed like nitro car....fi my cyclone tc internal ratio 2.16 i am using 11.5t sp version 3 what the best spur n pinion and what ratio need to use n can somebody teach me how to set hotwire pls give 1 example from drag to turbo delay
thanks a lot
for a tekin hopefully my frnd will open their eyes if their saw tekin go like rocket
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alangking_306
hai guys so sad that nobody want to reply my question hope somebody form tekin will answer it i am a fan tekin and i buy rs pro and hotwire
in my country malaysia quite exspensive while my frnd mostly using lrp only i alone using tekin product
1)why my 3pks cant match with the rspro, everytime need to ush 3 scnd button and need to push sw3 button then i can play my car?
2) hot wire setting! as i understand reading this forum, setting need as per trek
condition then ur car can go like a rocket or can saw the car have 2 speed like nitro car....fi my cyclone tc internal ratio 2.16 i am using 11.5t sp version 3 what the best spur n pinion and what ratio need to use n can somebody teach me how to set hotwire pls give 1 example from drag to turbo delay
thanks a lot
for a tekin hopefully my frnd will open their eyes if their saw tekin go like rocket
The transmitter problem I have seen before. A club member was changing his TH settings each time after he calibrated it.
check also the wires if every thing is still ok.
Do you change brake strength, or TH settings on your radio after calibrating?
Keep it on max. Set your epa on 90%. Calibrate your radio and than set it to 100%

A good starting setup.
That's hard to say but start with this.
Boost 12
Turbo max
Turbo delay 0.7
Throttle 5
Neutral with 10
Drag Brake 0
Brake strength 80%
Push control 15 Only if you like it to have some extra roll in the corners.
Gearing you must see for the track.
Keep the motor on standard timing.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Alanking- Some, (if not all) futaba radio's do not bind to the ESC unless you do a servo reverse on the throttle channel.

As for hotwire settings, if you dont feel the turbo kicking in, it could be that you've set the delay for too much, or the gearing.

On some small tracks, eg 10x15 metres, turbo may be of no benefit to you.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ok I am trying to get a grasp on the wide search for the motor sweet spot everyone is searching for. My question is, are there a good method out there to minimize the trial and error? I am mostly talking about pan car (1S 12th scale onroad). 12th scale seems to be more of a guess work on finding my motor rollout.

I just got the new Novak Balistic17.5 which is more of a torque motor then the Trienty I had before. (or so I hear) The track is small (45X30). Are there any good starting point like the question that I ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.