Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default advanced settings

you have to move your mouse over the box on the bottom right of the display and it will pop up, it won't say anything until you move your mouse over it then you click onto it
Old 01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

any one click user profile and still have internet connected
Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

looks like GasGod had the same problems im having back on page 654...ill hit him up to see if he figured it out.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I had the same problem, what i did was completlly delete any older version tekin files, ALL of em, started fresh, after getting files un-zipped, etc... re-started computer, and that did it for me, i actually found this advise in this thread, several pages back.... hope that helps....

tommy
Old 01-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'd also make sure to remove all old dll files. The standard Windows program uninstaller may not do a good job. I use http://www.revouninstaller.com/ instead. Very good at cleaning up all old files.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does the timing boost applied to the motor stops at the "end rpm"?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
One more question, what happens if the turbo is set prior to all the timing boost being added? Does it get suddenly added in the middle or wait until the turbo delay after the highest RPM is set? I was having a problem this weekend with the turbo not kicking in until the middle of the straight despite having it set to .2 (and it wasn't kicking in for at least half a second).
Maybe the Tekin folks could confirm this theory, but I think the two timing ramps can overlap (timing and turbo), which could be one of the reasons some people are running into motor temperature problems with 2S setups (TC) and experiencing battery fade with 1S setups (1/12 scale). This is the reason I'm using turbo with a longer delay to avoid the possibility of the timing boost and turbo boost being added simultaneously. With my current 1S setup, the car sounds like it has a 3 speed transmission when you apply full throttle on the bench with the rear tires in the air. I'm not applying any timing boost until 3000 RPM (start RPM), my timing boost setup ends the addition of timing by 6500 RPM (end RPM), and with the turbo boost set to .8 seconds, the turbo ramp takes place a little later. I'm thinking if the timing and turbo overlap too much, the motor doesn't handle the added timing as well as it could, causing what appears to be a "delayed response" of the turbo boost.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Great explanation. Thank you! So what is the start RPM and end RPM used to determine? Is the timing boost added linear to that range? So for example if the timing boost is set to 50 is the timing boost 0 at the start RPM and 50 at the end RPM (and 25 somewhere in the middle)?
Tekin reps would need to confirm this assumption, but without the ability to configure a "timing curve", I'm working under the impression that the timing is being added using a linear curve through the RPM range you specify.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

guys, not trying to be an ass. I know that this thread is moving real fast, but you need to look back through the thread for answers. if everyone just keeps asking question when the answer is there, this thread will soon become useless.

1. timing boost starts at "start rpm" and ends at "end RPM"
2. turbo boost starts after you hit full throttle for the "delay" length of time
3. ramp only affects turbo.
4. yes timing boost and turbo boost can overlap.
5. yes you can set delay to 0.

all confirmed by Randy and/or Jim in the last 30 or so pages
Old 01-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

From what Randy's already explained, timing boost is added linearly through the RPM range you specify.

Turbo is now ramped at a rate you specify after the time delay elapses once you reach full throttle.

Taking both of these things into account, it is possible to have overlap, where you'll end up adding timing faster than ideal.

If you had 200 sorted, you'll now need to get your start and end RPM sorted so that your boost timing is completed, or nearly completed before Turbo comes in. With the added acceleration of the new adjustments, this should put your turbo delay roughly the same as you ran in 200, and maybe .1sec quicker.

However, since you can now add much more boost than we had available previously, I suspect the majority of folks running carpet TC won't need turbo at all. For example, my previous setup I ran 20 Boost and Max Turbo. For the same amount of timing, I can no set up my car to run [just about] all that timing in Boost.

I'm spending all day Wednesday tuning/tweaking, and I'll post my results after then.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 21.5 VTA

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a 21.5 VTA set-up yet. I've read about the last 60 pages and don't remember seeing a starting point set-up for a 21.5.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Tekin thread is soo popular now after new software, You would think they were hosting Live worlds coverage here with all these people always looking in....
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Sceviour
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a 21.5 VTA set-up yet. I've read about the last 60 pages and don't remember seeing a starting point set-up for a 21.5.
Why on earth is your track allowing the use of the new software in VTA? This is a spec class with a limited gear "window" to try to keep the cars all about the same speed. Kind of defeats the purpose of the class, don't 'ya think?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

FINALLY got it. i believe i had a few old Tekin files hiding on me...deleted everything and it worked. thanks for the help.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello,

I installed the new program recently and noticed that when I view current versions, it has no option for v203. Highest it shows is v199. But I have all the features of v203 available for use...ramp, end/start rpm adjustment etc. Is this a problem? A glitch of sorts, or user error? I have it installed on my netbook, vista 32bit. I deleted the older version before installing, then installed the new version by using .bat first, then .exe and it still says I'm on 199.

I have had some time to practice indoors with the new program in 17.5 and 13.5 in TC. I really like the end/start setting. Really smooths out the throttle. But relating back to my original question, I tried out some the suggested settings by others on here and didn't really like it. No low end torque and way too much heat. After testing, the settings and FDR I settled with are quite a bit different. Maybe this is because I'm seeing 199 as my version number?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.