Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmmer701
Hi korey just want to ask ive tried hara's setup in our track it was really darn good when the Grip is low (afternoon) however, after the quali when the temp is cold and the grip is high im having issues with that setup. All else equal ( in terms of setup) im experiencing traction roll when the grip is high and im experiencing massive oversteer. I tried making the hex in front at 5mm and in the rear i made it wider at 6mm i stand up my shocks at the rear like 1.5 holes but still having issues. Would u recommend any setup change? Tnx
Sounds very familiar! Now you know why I said low grip only haha!

Move the rea shocks down to #3 on the tower.i would change shock oil to ae 50wt front and 40wt rear, and go from 1mm under the suspension blocks to 1.5mm in front. That should help a bunch. if you still are experiencing traction roll try a gold front spring, or keep the pink front spring and move the shock to position #1 on the front arm.

Hpoe that helps!

-Korey
Old 10-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

Move the rea shocks down to #3 on the tower.i would change shock oil to ae 50wt front and 40wt rear, and go from 1mm under the suspension blocks to 1.5mm in front. That should help a bunch. if you still are experiencing traction roll try a gold front spring, or keep the pink front spring and move the shock to position #1 on the front arm.

Hpoe that helps!

-Korey
the other thing that helped (that you recommended) was at West Coast (high bite indoor asphalt).. when traction came up.. my front inner wheel was lifting then traction rolling. i went to a heavier bar (1.4mm) and that stopped it.

low bite. i started with silver/blue springs with 1.3/1.2mm sways with 30wt oil. as bite came up i eventually ended up at gold/silver with 1.4mm/1.2mm sways and 40 wt oil..

good recommendations!!

EDIT: (this was for 17.5 non-timing with Solaris H compound spec tires)

Last edited by Hebiki; 10-22-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added class info.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:56 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

HI I wanted to share a setup of mine that Im really enjoying. Its for an outdoor track with a fair amount of grip and also needs a car to rotate well as there are a few esses. Happy for your feedback.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCX-img160.jpg  
Old 10-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

Hpoe that helps!

-Korey
Okay thanks im already using 1mm under the blocks in the front hehe i also see my rear lifting hehe. I will do your suggestion later. I will also try to put gold springs at the front and im using 45wt oil hpi front and rear. I will also try to change the shims in the rear hub i will put the 2mm spacer in the front of the hub. I also remove the 2mm shim under the camber links at the rear thanks
Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Okay thanks im already using 1mm under the blocks in the front hehe i also see my rear lifting hehe. I will do your suggestion later. I will also try to put gold springs at the front and im using 45wt oil hpi front and rear. I will also try to change the shims in the rear hub i will put the 2mm spacer in the front of the hub. I also remove the 2mm shim under the camber links at the rear thanks
Exactly. The rear of your car is too stiff in comparison to the front. The front is just dumping over. Going to 1.5mm under the front suspension blocks is the biggest improvement I think you can do in your situation, and lay the rear shocks back down. Should be much better!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi korey just want to ask ive tried hara's setup in our track it was really darn good when the Grip is low (afternoon) however, after the quali when the temp is cold and the grip is high im having issues with that setup. All else equal ( in terms of setup) im experiencing traction roll when the grip is high and im experiencing massive oversteer. I tried making the hex in front at 5mm and in the rear i made it wider at 6mm i stand up my shocks at the rear like 1.5 holes but still having issues. Would u recommend any setup change? Tnx

I've experienced the same as the the grip level comes up, oversteer mid to exit of corner.
What I have found is that the servo saver is to weak (at least the one that came with my kit) to deal with the cornering loads under those conditions. I bought an Associated TC5 servo saver. It seems much stiffer but my fear is that I'll be breaking steering knuckles as a result. Will try it tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
I've experienced the same as the the grip level comes up, oversteer mid to exit of corner.
What I have found is that the servo saver is to weak (at least the one that came with my kit) to deal with the cornering loads under those conditions. I bought an Associated TC5 servo saver. It seems much stiffer but my fear is that I'll be breaking steering knuckles as a result. Will try it tomorrow.
Ah i see im using tamiya servo saver with my kit.

Korey: thanks i should have tried using 1.5mm under the blocks in the rear. Though, yesterday it was sunny i didnt experience any traction roll hence i was not able to try the gold springs. Was able to get tq and 1st. Did u try to use 1mm under the blocks in the rear? Oh i also used ltc r body yesterday

Btw, im running 13.5 with boost anyone tried gear diff.

Last edited by bmmer701; 10-23-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Tech Champion

I've never run 1mm under the rear end suspension blocks. I always run 1.5mm, and then I change the front end between 1 and 1.5mm.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys. Old WCE user looking to get back into TC. Nevermind parts for the TCX has any RC shops got the kits in stock!?
Any pointers appreciated
Old 10-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

A-Main shows they are in stock
Old 10-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stephen_102
Hey guys. Old WCE user looking to get back into TC. Nevermind parts for the TCX has any RC shops got the kits in stock!?
Any pointers appreciated
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...il.asp?id=9614

$415.99US
Old 10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Cheers guys. Sorted! Brilliant
Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi korey,

Under what conditions do you run the front suspension blocks 1.0 - 1.0 and have you try other combinations?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

I'm a little unclear of what you are asking. Are you asking about the spacers under the suspension blocks? Or the actual suspension blocks themselfs? I'll explain both :P

1.0mm shims vs 1.5mm shims up front:

1.0mm lowers the roll center. When you have a lower roll center, it tends to create less intial grip (so a little smoother into the corner), and more mid-exit grip (more mid-exit steering). I tend to do this on lower traction surfaces since it can make the car easier to traction roll in higher grip conditions. It allows the front end to roll easier, but it rolls slower. Most of the time, I stay with 1.5mm under the suspension blocks.

Std suspension blocks vs 1.0 FF/FR or others:

The 1.0, 1.5, ect are all wider than the std FR suspensiopn block. Lately in hgiher grip conditions I have been running 1.5 or 2.0 deg blocks FF and FR. It makes the camber link longer, and also changes how the suspension reacts a bit. Generally wider hinge pin mounting makes the car feel a little stiffer and more responsive around center. It generally rolls less and produces a little less traction in comparison to the box stock setup. The box stock 2.5 deg/0 deg setup gives a lot of arm sweep, which feels good on lower bite tracks but I think it feels too soft and not very "linear" through the corner. For me, it feels kind of lazy going in, then dig in super hard in the middle.

Hope that helps!

-Korey
Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default suspension arm height

Thaks Korey that is a good explaination. I understand it better when you relate feel to adjustments made. I too was wondering about that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.