Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hmmmmmm, sounds like an interesting modification. So we would need TA05 Diff Pulley and One Way Pulleys (Derlin) as well as a TA05 Direct Center Pulley? I take it that there is also a TA05 Center Oneway pulley and regular TA05 pulley if you wanted to run a center oneway.

Anyone know what they leaves your Internal Ratio at??

Also, any reasons why you see the ballcups on both Rheinard and Maezumi's cars trimmed at the top so that the ball connector is visible??
Old 02-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
Hmmmmmm, sounds like an interesting modification. So we would need TA05 Diff Pulley and One Way Pulleys (Derlin) as well as a TA05 Direct Center Pulley? I take it that there is also a TA05 Center Oneway pulley and regular TA05 pulley if you wanted to run a center oneway.

Also, any reasons why you see the ballcups on both Rheinard and Maezumi's cars trimmed at the top so that the ball connector is visible??

Maybe they would want to screw out the ball ends without poping out the ball cups?? Or maybe less contact on the balls and cups,thus less friction,faster steering action??
Old 02-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by F. Alonso

Hey Alonso,

Besides that change u will also need the following to change the drive train:

1) a different lay shaft. However the centre pulley is the same as the 05 so u do not really have to change it to achieve the ratio

2) a longer rear and front belt.

3) The front one way pulley is a bit fatter than the original so if u are using it as a direct swap it would not fit in-between the bulk heads. Have not tried the rear yet so i cannot tell u about that.

Cheers
Old 02-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
I'm gonna take a stab that the TA05 center pulleys are lighter then the 415 Al. ones. I'm also going to guess that the plastic TA05 center pulleys "bite" less into the belts then the Al. ones do. Though I could be wrong.
The only issue I have with the plastic centre pulleys, coming from my TA04 days, was they wore down fairly quickly, requiring replacement at least once a season. Whereas it takes longer for the aluminium ones to wear. I guess it would be the case of YMMV.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I don't think you'd need new belts. I would have thought there's enough adjustment in the diff bearing holders to account for the minor size difference.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default where is a good online parts supplier for the 415mxs2

I currently run a RDX but I REALLY like the look of the 415mxs2. I am stuck in the middle of nowhere OKLAHOMA until June then I am heading to the San Diego area. Does anyone know where I can get online support for this car? Who has the best prices? What shops in southern Cali support this car? Thanks in advance.......
Old 02-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kentech
A couple of interesting pics from the TITC posted here:

http://sudacolumn.cocolog-nifty.com/typer/

I'm sure more will be posted soon...
Good pics on there... Anybody else notice the cyclones apear to have MSX diffs.... hmm

BTW, anyone got a clue on whats going on with Surikarns brush wiring in this pic? Can't figure it out meself, looks like its got extended copper shunts

http://sudacolumn.cocolog-nifty.com/...s/P1040471.JPG

BTW, deffiently looks like Satoshi was using HPI rear hubs... check them against the rear hubs on one of the cyclones

Be intregued (sp?) to know what roll bars Marc R was running though, they are not std Tamiya ones... the rear arm mounting positons are really far out on the arm... similar on the front.
Cheers
Ed
Old 02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From what i have been hearing they only extended the copper shunts to try and stop it from unsoldering its self (but i could be wrong )

Charles
Old 02-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slingblade
I currently run a RDX but I REALLY like the look of the 415mxs2. I am stuck in the middle of nowhere OKLAHOMA until June then I am heading to the San Diego area. Does anyone know where I can get online support for this car? Who has the best prices? What shops in southern Cali support this car? Thanks in advance.......
I'm not very good at the whole state 'thingy' in the USA but to me Speedtechrc are extremely good (takes less than a week to get from them to me in the UK) or rc-champ.co.jp

Charles
Old 02-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Good pics on there... Anybody else notice the cyclones apear to have MSX diffs.... hmm

BTW, anyone got a clue on whats going on with Surikarns brush wiring in this pic? Can't figure it out meself, looks like its got extended copper shunts

http://sudacolumn.cocolog-nifty.com/...s/P1040471.JPG

BTW, deffiently looks like Satoshi was using HPI rear hubs... check them against the rear hubs on one of the cyclones

Be intregued (sp?) to know what roll bars Marc R was running though, they are not std Tamiya ones... the rear arm mounting positons are really far out on the arm... similar on the front.
Cheers
Ed
Why aren't they running Spektrum? Is there a ban against it in International competitions?
Old 02-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

sponsership. the radio manufatureres wont like them using spektrum, they are all working on there own version
Old 02-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

iv'e just switched from a yokomo bd to the tamiya 415 used it for the first time tonight i cant belive how much rear traction the car has over the last year i've struggled to get a balance with the bd indoors but the tamiya is pretty good can't wait to get it outside.

hey edd hurry up and get back down south ill show you how you get a one way hooked up on carpet

stu rand
Old 02-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

LOL Stu neil did you a good deal then heh

Thought you was only going friday?
Old 02-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

They are not running the HPI rear hubs, they are running Xenon rear hubs..
Old 02-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
LOL Stu neil did you a good deal then heh

Thought you was only going friday?
yeah i was but i got impatient plus i'm on call didn't wanna drive to far.

don't forget my body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.