Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the suggestions. . My current final drive ratio is 6.56 34T pinion and 102T spur. My stock motor is a T-MAX. Is the ratio alright for this motor for those who have tried this kind of motor? Or should I lower the ratio more?
Old 04-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by csdspeed
Thanks for the suggestions. . My current final drive ratio is 6.56 34T pinion and 102T spur. My stock motor is a T-MAX. Is the ratio alright for this motor for those who have tried this kind of motor? Or should I lower the ratio more?
try around 6.3...
Old 04-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by csdspeed
the best is to ask the people at your track on which ratio works best. If you ask me what ratio, i tell you 5.3-5.5 cos that's the ratio the people at my track using. So it really depends on the motor and on the track itself. cheers
Old 04-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

guys, i'm desperate with my MSX, the understeer problem is killing me. i'm running rubber (sorex 36R) with a lot of air gap (orion soft inner)-smooth medium grip asphalt-front one way-mid one way pulley-standard anti roll bar-no spacer in camber link front bulk head-2.5mm spacer on rear hub-4' caster-1.5' camber on all wheels-0.5' toe out-40wt 3 hole pistons yellow spring-5mm ride height front&5.5mm rear-9T motor.

please help me to solve my understeer.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You could move the front shocks in one hole and move the rear shocks out one hole on the shock towers also shorten the rear wheelbase 1mm.

Charles
Old 04-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool Bumper

Hi.

Look the Bumper !

http://www.rczone.net/files/tamiya/t...eassen0505.pdf

TEAM GONZO
Old 04-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by t4m1y4niac
guys, i'm desperate with my MSX, the understeer problem is killing me. i'm running rubber (sorex 36R) with a lot of air gap (orion soft inner)-smooth medium grip asphalt-front one way-mid one way pulley-standard anti roll bar-no spacer in camber link front bulk head-2.5mm spacer on rear hub-4' caster-1.5' camber on all wheels-0.5' toe out-40wt 3 hole pistons yellow spring-5mm ride height front&5.5mm rear-9T motor.

Try a different bodyshell, Mazda 6 gives allot of steering!!
Removing the swaybars also helps sometimes....

The Orion inserts works really good in Sorex tires, very good balance, but you could also try the Bomber Red inserts or the Hara Grey Ver.2 as they have given me allot of steering. Sometimes too much!!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eirik
Try a different bodyshell, Mazda 6 gives allot of steering!!
Removing the swaybars also helps sometimes....

The Orion inserts works really good in Sorex tires, very good balance, but you could also try the Bomber Red inserts or the Hara Grey Ver.2 as they have given me allot of steering. Sometimes too much!!
Eirik,

What's up man...finally ran your MSX 3mm/standard suspension setup a few weeks back. With some minor camber link changes it worked real well.

Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

It is hard to tell if you are running a sway bar front and rear from the description. I will assume front and rear. Also I assume from you description that you are running no spacers on the inside mounting point of the upper links both front and rear.

Some things to try...

Reduce the rear toe to 2.0 degrees if you have not alrady done so.
Add a rear sway bar if you don't use one.
Remove both swaybars..
If the push is on power then reduce the front droop.
If the push is off power then increase the rear droop.
go to .7mm spacer on rear uprights/hubs.

just some thoughts...
Old 04-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Hello Anthony,

Well not much is happening here at the moment actually! Indoor season is over and we still have to wait for the snow to melt before we can run outdoors....

Glad the setup worked good for you!!

Noticed you where selling allot of your Tamiya stuff.... whats the reason for that??

Catch you later
Old 04-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

thanks a lot guys....i already record all the tips from all of you, monday i'll practice again and i'll give a reports. thanks a lot.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
It is hard to tell if you are running a sway bar front and rear from the description. I will assume front and rear. Also I assume from you description that you are running no spacers on the inside mounting point of the upper links both front and rear.

Some things to try...

Reduce the rear toe to 2.0 degrees if you have not alrady done so.
Add a rear sway bar if you don't use one.
Remove both swaybars..
If the push is on power then reduce the front droop.
If the push is off power then increase the rear droop.
go to .7mm spacer on rear uprights/hubs.

just some thoughts...

hai martin, now in my MSX is using yellow front sway bar & red rear sway bar.
about the .7mm spacer, you mean just using .7mm spacer or add .7mm spacer bcoz now i'm using 2.5mm sapcer on my rear uprights. thx a lot martin.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

hai martin, now in my MSX is using yellow front sway bar & red rear sway bar.
about the .7mm spacer, you mean just using .7mm spacer or add .7mm spacer bcoz now i'm using 2.5mm sapcer on my rear uprights. thx a lot martin.

Hey,

If you are using a red swaybar on the back, in my experience it does not really do much given it is so thin. I would try the yellow swaybar to get more steering. In terms of the spacers, I was suggesting to just use the 0.7mm spacer on the rear uprights. What if any spacers are you using where the upper links attach to the bulk heads on both the front and back of the car? By the way are you running on carpet or asphalt? Can you run softer rubber?

M
Old 04-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry for the interruption...............I am looking for the small round pivots that go on the suspension shafts. The pieces that go inside the mounts # 1/a 1/b and so on..................Thanks Guys.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Hey,

If you are using a red swaybar on the back, in my experience it does not really do much given it is so thin. I would try the yellow swaybar to get more steering. In terms of the spacers, I was suggesting to just use the 0.7mm spacer on the rear uprights. What if any spacers are you using where the upper links attach to the bulk heads on both the front and back of the car? By the way are you running on carpet or asphalt? Can you run softer rubber?

M
i guess i must buy the sway bar set.i'm not using any spacer on the front bulkhead, bcoz a thought it can eliminate the understeer problem.on the rear bulk head i'm using the standard spacer set up from the book (i forgot how much mm is). on the rear upright using 2.5mm spacer to eliminate the oversteer problem,when using the standard spacer my rear always lose when cornering.

i always running on asphalt. i can't run softer rubber like 32R, 28R or 25R bcoz the track temp is relatively high about 48'C - 60'C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.