Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default started to build mine and...

all I have left are the shocks. Who ever is in charge of quality control should be fired! Hinge pin too long and I had to cut it shorter, silver ball stud hexes were not deep enough and I could not get the hex head into it, and no treadlock included. Frustrating to say the least and I won't have it up and going. Not much room in the cvd end and diff. Other than that the car is better than the TC3 and I did not have to sand anything. I would feel bad for any new person in the hobby putting together their first TC. I can't wait to get it to the track.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

That is odd. My manual had the shocks as the first bag, and first step to building the car... I noticed there was one ball stud with metal burrs still in the hex, but hammaring the stud onto the hex driver with a wheel wrench handle solved my problem...
Old 10-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Charlie O
Did anyone that built the car yet feel that the material is graphite! i swear when i was cutting off excess pieces of the A-arms, & chassis braces it sure seemed like graphite to me, looks like it to,i even took the excess parts trees and tried to break them when they did, they snapped like graphite, if not then it is some damn good work with plastic!
heh heh. it's not graphite. just weigh your TC4 and you'll know............
Old 10-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by bubbles

I have to admit, I LOVE the CVD bones. I ran four runs on my car with a One-Way, and I had no problems. On my TC3, I could barly make one run with aluminium CVD bones and not bend them. The drive shaft is also VERY solid, it doesn't seem like it will ever bend! The suspension blocks look extreemly durable, and provied smooth, free suspension action. In short, I love my TC4!
Good news
-Dave

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 10-19-2004 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I cant believe Associated diddn't include the swaybar mount, so people could "at least" have a way to run the car with their TC-3 swaybars.........Hmmm.....should be real fun to drive in modified without them....... Does anyone know if they're available seperatly yet?...if so....where?........thanks in advance
Old 10-19-2004, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

what hex drivers will i need to buy to put this car together? will the front one ways and spool from the tc3 work on the tc4.

Cheers,

Mossie
Old 10-19-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mossie
what hex drivers will i need to buy to put this car together? will the front one ways and spool from the tc3 work on the tc4.

Cheers,

Mossie
THe Spool and One way will work from the TC3..and the hex driver sizes you will need are the following..
2mm
1/16
3/32

-Dave
Old 10-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys, do you need to dremel down any parts to create enough clearance for foams?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by 071crazy
Hey guys, do you need to dremel down any parts to create enough clearance for foams?
You may need to grind down the spindles, but I'm not sure. The best person to ask would be Blackstock on his thread...
Old 10-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

28 mm foams will rub the shocks in the front when u turn...i had some tamiya wheel shims, and used those to shim the wheels out some, and it seems to work, only problem is, ur makin a setup change right away....never knowing what it would be without the shims, well, i wont. one shim per wheel worked, and i think they were 1mm shims

as far as tools for the car go, i used the losi standard allen set, and nut driver set...that worked fine for me, along with help from the associated plastic tools
Old 10-19-2004, 08:37 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by punkboy
28 mm foams will rub the shocks in the front when u turn...i had some tamiya wheel shims, and used those to shim the wheels out some, and it seems to work, only problem is, ur makin a setup change right away....never knowing what it would be without the shims, well, i wont. one shim per wheel worked, and i think they were 1mm shims

as far as tools for the car go, i used the losi standard allen set, and nut driver set...that worked fine for me, along with help from the associated plastic tools
So you selling that Pro4 you have!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

haha

no
Old 10-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: started to build mine and...

Originally posted by Nightbreed
all I have left are the shocks. Who ever is in charge of quality control should be fired! Hinge pin too long and I had to cut it shorter, silver ball stud hexes were not deep enough and I could not get the hex head into it, and no treadlock included. Frustrating to say the least and I won't have it up and going. Not much room in the cvd end and diff. Other than that the car is better than the TC3 and I did not have to sand anything. I would feel bad for any new person in the hobby putting together their first TC. I can't wait to get it to the track.
The hinge pins for the rear are longer than the ones in the front you just put them on wrong like i did!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default That may be the case Charlie...

but I'm to lazy to check for sure. Did anyone shim up the car? I think there is too much slop in the axles, arms and wheel hubs. Did anyone elses kit come with axle shims? Mine did not. So far, I put one shim in the wheel axles, I could not deal with it. I really like how free the drive train comes. I ran it for a few seconds and it spins very, very nice. I had to cut some of the ear off both sides of my KO servo and I had to dremel the chassis to make my good servo saver work. Just heads up if you have a KO servo. Anyone know when the TF parts are coming?
Old 10-19-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: That may be the case Charlie...

Originally posted by Nightbreed
Anyone know when the FT parts are coming?
November some time ...??? I think
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.