Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Matt and racers with Carpet Experence...When you talk about cutting down the foam tires to fit I take it you are cutting the rim to clear the front steering area. What technique are you using to do this? I may be doing some carpet racing this winter and could use some hints.

The talk of a tub is an interesting one. Does yokomo have plans to release one soon?

Thanks for the help.

Jeff
Old 10-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jeff- while the tire is on the truer I just took an Xacto knife to the inside of the tire and cut both the tire and rim off by 1-2 mm. Mo went a different direction and just took a little material off of his aluminum steering knuckles so the full size rim will fit. That way will work with the aluminum knuckles but I wouldn't recommend it with the plastic ones.

Kilruf- I got the shooters mounts from precisionrc.com, I don't know of anywhere in the states that sells them but precisionrc was pretty fast shipping them to me. I went with the "regular" shipping and still got them in 4-5 days.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Jeff, read my precedent post...
Old 10-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Can anyone help would the Rayspeed chassis work well on a polished wooded floor?
Old 10-19-2003, 12:59 PM

I am almost positive that the tub to be released in November will be a plastic (not graphite) version. Looking at the pics from the Japanese Hobby show, the material on the tub car there is definently not graphite. Our only hope is that they release both versions of the tub at once, or release the graphite one soon after !
Old 10-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think someone else asked where to get the Shooter deck mounts. I already had some from Precision. But they got bent when someone T-boned my car. So I'm back to my Team Suzuki mounts.

Well I was running the car today for practice. I noticed the inside wheel flopping during a turn. I could manually turn it by hand and noticed no binding. But then I nail it with wheels turned, it would flop. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I might go over the axles and rebuild them again. I can turn the dual rates down. But it still happens. I might try some universals to see how they work. I figure I'm scrubbing some good speed in the turns as well as loosing some steering that I've been looking for.

Hmmmmmm
Old 10-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Sd Carpet/Foam Set

This is a good starting point for the Sd on carpet with foams..
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-carpet-setup.png  
Old 10-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

I just ran my SD for the first time today

with the stock shimming the drive train was tight but it loosen up a lot after 5 min or so with a 19T

the car feels like an old friend even with crappy tires from a few years ago before i switched to nitro

good job yokomo
Old 10-19-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question about removing the main drive shart... in the directions it says for easy removal you can slide the drive cup back (after removing the pin) and then remove the shaft. Mine fits so tight that even after sliding the cup back, I have to force the d@mn thing out. Anyone else experience this? Any fix ideas?
Old 10-20-2003, 04:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Make sure you are sliding the rear drive cup back. Then push your drive shaft forward and it slide out pretty easy. Just had mine out last night and I don't really need to force it in and out.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default CHECK OUT THE YOKOMO SD ON EBAY!!

Item number: 3149766749

LIKE NEW YOKOMO SD BLACK EDITION WITH TONS OF SPARE AND HOP UPS ON EBAY...AUCTION ENDS TODAY AND THE PRICE IS STILL LOW....GO CHECK IT OUT...HAPPY BIDDING.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TheGame- that setup is pretty close to what I ran this weekend, I had my arms spaced in the middle front and rear with AE copper springs though. I'll try yours next time as both me and Mo were looking for just a little more steering. Not bad for the first time out for us though, Mo won and I took third
Old 10-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wish the courior would hurry up and deliver my black SD and rayspeed kit, its on the van for todays deliverys but they aint shown up yet The wait is doing me in! Rick
Old 10-20-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Make sure you are sliding the rear drive cup back. Then push your drive shaft forward and it slide out pretty easy. Just had mine out last night and I don't really need to force it in and out.
Yah I slid it all the way back... i'll check again though. Maybe mine just fits a bit tight.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by 2Tenths
I am almost positive that the tub to be released in November will be a plastic (not graphite) version. Looking at the pics from the Japanese Hobby show, the material on the tub car there is definently not graphite. Our only hope is that they release both versions of the tub at once, or release the graphite one soon after !
you will still be able to run a top deck with this chassis, i don't know why people are so worried about it being to flexible

the tub chassis wil solove alot of problems for running on carpet with foams. in high grip applications such as this, the car is very easily tweaked, and having the tub will help to stop this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.