Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by oblivion
anything less would be un-australian!
Lol.

"Italian superbikes mean a great deal to Australia"
Old 08-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

99.... 100 ! whoo hoo, we finally hit 100 pages!

/me starts letting off party poppers and chucks streamers around..
Old 08-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Have you got any pics of the bike? Unpainted is fine.

Do they run "training wheels" or something? Im not trying to have a go, im genuinely interested in how they work.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

but its a ho. its a hon. jeez, i cant even say that word coz its so shameful to paint the king of motorcycles (a duke) in those colours.
so.... Doohan... he rode a honda.... he's an Aussie..... what are you saying Glenn.

this is a pic of a built up bike, no training wheels, just wire stays that you bend up when you get better at driving.
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-front_large.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-bike.jpg  
Old 08-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by promugenman
so.... Doohan... he rode a honda.... he's an Aussie..... what are you saying Glenn.
if doohan rode a honda and insisted it be painted in ducati colours he woulda got a ribbin' from his mates too :P
Old 08-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

it's tempting to paint it in Doohan's old colour scheme. you feeling creative Glenn?

anyway, back to nitro offroad, are there any stadium truck drivers out there planning on running in the states?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

it's tempting to paint it in Doohan's old colour scheme. you feeling creative Glenn?

anyway, back to nitro offroad, are there any stadium truck drivers out there planning on running in the states?
am i feeling creative? always....even got a big pic of doohan on my wall.

re- ST's : theres a guy in the Sa titles thread asking the same Q, hes coming from nsw i think and is going to bring his ST aswell as his bug..

its tempting to sell my maxx and buy back my old carbon fibre rustler. that thing was almost bullet proof even in my hands

i miss having an ST, they made you learn good throttle control..
Old 08-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

That was my original plan but I woke up with a monster truck on my account statement and im not brave enough to try running two classes.

I still have the XTM stadium truck and am trying to encourage a friend (fellow losi driver at MP) to pilot it in the states - but i think he and the Mrs are expecting their 2nd child around that time of the year.

Will probably end up selling it, as i really dont have the time to maintain and use 4 RCs. The XTM hasnt seen action for over a month.

If you guys know anyone looking to get into RC or who may wish to run it in the state titles then let me know. Still in great condition (has seen maybe 3L), a neat little truck and will let go for a great price. RChobbies stocks every single part of the truck. Lol, this wasnt meant to be a sales pitch...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will probably end up selling it, as i really dont have the time to maintain and use 4 RCs. The XTM hasnt seen action for over a month.
i was looking at selling mine, but the resale value is pointless. 4 RCs, i remember those days, now 2 buggies, the B4, RC18T, evader, new bike, nitro & ep boat, yacht & heli (among other models in various states of completion) i have trouble finding room. & compared to 777man (Grant) i have SFA models. embrace them & call them your family .

i foprgot about that other thread, haven't seen it for a bit.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That bike looks kinda cool. Be really hard not to drop it when you bend the wire right up.

ST's are 2WD are they not? Now that would make for some interesting off roading action.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

i used to have an old honda VFR 750 motorbike i got from SAHC about 16 yrs ago when i first started working.

batt pack sat in a cradle in the belly pan, and swung left right to upset the bikes balance and make it tip, then front wheel would just flop loosely in the direction it was leaning.

the new ones are much better with steering dampers and servo's turning the forks etc.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
ST's are 2WD are they not? Now that would make for some interesting off roading action.
Indeed - in a good way tho, you learn a lot about traction, throttle control and chassis setup. 4x4s can be fairly forgiving, RWD (and rear wheel only brakes) doesnt give you an inch of breathing space. The front wheels are just along for the ride.

I'll prob bring mine along on sunday (for the sake of it), so before/after/whatever you can take it out for a few laps, see what its like controlling a nitro engine through two wheels.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

you twisted my arm, i'll bring mine too, it hasn't had a run in a while & is still set up for the nice smooth MP track, it'll be bouncing everywhere at Mv.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

RUSTY yeah just come see that car in my avatar,should be a great meet.

hey jason i got some advantage rims and komdo II's i have been told they grip up awesome
Old 08-22-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

that's what i run, they wear quick at MV though. the splinters are awesome, but advantage stopped selling them, there is a place in europe that sell them (the original manufacturer), but i don't understand the web page to order off of it.

i might change the set up on the ST if i get a chance one night this week to have a look at it. see how i go, not a priority seeing as there there's no class to race it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.