Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 05-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the triseries gets washed out will it be rescheduled or that one just won't count it will only be doing whyalla and naracoorte .
Old 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k goody
If the triseries gets washed out will it be rescheduled or that one just won't count it will only be doing whyalla and naracoorte .
The forecast is for mostly sunny both days for Noarlunga so it want get washed out fingers crossed.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi troy i have couple that i could spare.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys

As most of you know Ive just started my new found hobby and I'm just trying to set myself up.
I'm looking at getting a rechargeable battery pack for my receiver, any Ideas on one that would last a whole race meeting?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shano1
Hi guys

As most of you know Ive just started my new found hobby and I'm just trying to set myself up.
I'm looking at getting a rechargeable battery pack for my receiver, any Ideas on one that would last a whole race meeting?
What radio do you have? What voltage and mAH is the battery/s? Simpily going to a higher mAH will last longer between chargers, but if the radio is compatible with LiFe or LiPo batteries they are lighter and last longer even rated at the same mAH.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k goody
Now you have done it. You jinxed it, it's going to rain all weekend now and I just paid for my cabin. Bugga
Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

is there a grid listing yet?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hi guys

Bit risky trying to put all your eggs in one basket and run just one battery for a race meet, if something goes wrong you've got no backup. I've got a couple homemade 2500mah nimh packs I made from 4x AA batteries and I have used them to run one pack for the 3x qualifying rounds and warmups/practice etc and switch to the other for the final rounds. I just wouldn't want to risk running a final and have the battery go flat.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
What radio do you have? What voltage and mAH is the battery/s? Simpily going to a higher mAH will last longer between chargers, but if the radio is compatible with LiFe or LiPo batteries they are lighter and last longer even rated at the same mAH.
Hey wildmandriving

I've got 4\ 500 maH batteries in it at the moment running savox servos.
What does everyone use?
Thanks for the info
Old 05-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RObErT_RaTh
Bit risky trying to put all your eggs in one basket and run just one battery for a race meet, if something goes wrong you've got no backup. I've got a couple homemade 2500mah nimh packs I made from 4x AA batteries and I have used them to run one pack for the 3x qualifying rounds and warmups/practice etc and switch to the other for the final rounds. I just wouldn't want to risk running a final and have the battery go flat.
Thanks Robert that's handy to know for next race meet, just got some decent batteries for my starter box just after a charger now as they went flat towards the end of last race meet
Old 05-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi guys

LiPos have the highest capacity, but will still require a top up throughout the day. They also have a higher nominal voltage, so will stress servos & radio gear unless it's rated for it (ie: HV servos, etc). You can run a voltage regulator to get around this, but it's something else that can go wrong. Wouldn't recommend them unless you already have (or want to fork out for) HV servos, decent radio gear and a LiPo capable charger. They've been known to catch fire, too.....

NiMhs don't have the capacity of the LiPos, but are pretty much bulletproof.

You're probably best checking out Model Flight or RCHZ and see what they have and can recommend.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ringo
LiPos have the highest capacity, but will still require a top up throughout the day. They also have a higher nominal voltage, so will stress servos & radio gear unless it's rated for it (ie: HV servos, etc). You can run a voltage regulator to get around this, but it's something else that can go wrong. Wouldn't recommend them unless you already have (or want to fork out for) HV servos, decent radio gear and a LiPo capable charger. They've been known to catch fire, too.....

NiMhs don't have the capacity of the LiPos, but are pretty much bulletproof.

You're probably best checking out Model Flight or RCHZ and see what they have and can recommend.
Cheers ringo, I'll head down to RCHZ this week and check out what they have.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by ringo
They've been known to catch fire, too.....
eeeek ! I have never experienced these so called lipo fires, do you know of anyone it's happened too ?, or an example of how this can occur, so i can prevent this from happening to me as i am new to the lipo doover lacky things.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lipo is pretty safe if you don't do what these idiots do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCWdnjLqVWw
Old 05-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I run a 2400mah lipo from RCHZ, unregulated to HV futaba servos. I get morning practice, 3 quals and both finals on it no worries, no need to top it up during the day, at all.

Good quality and Pretty cheap too, around $30 I think from memory.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.