Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

thats right.....alot of confusion going on with these kits.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Alvin
Slowhand: How do you set your rebound stroke? Could you please share it please? It seems my method of setting the downstop is wrong...

Edit: just checked my car, seems like I was running 2mm rebound on the front and 3mm rear. On my "droop gauge" it was +4/+4 i guess I need to change my setting methods....
Alvin: I would use the droop gauge to measure the downstop of left and right suspension, but dont care about the figures. As my point is to make sure d left and right suspension have the same downstop (for a start). Then I would settle the car with its all running gear (tires, battt etc.) to measure its ride height (normally front 4.5mm rear 5mm). I adjust the ride height using the shock collars/ spring limiters. After that I'd lift off each end of the car until the tires off the ground and measure the "droop" / rebound stroke), from the wheel axle . the numbers would be around 1mm for both front and rear, but in my case never reached 2mm, as it would make the car twitchy..
Old 06-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Slowhand: thank you! I will keep your tips in mind.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:05 PM
M 5
Tech Regular

hong kong people don't charge $60 or $70 for shipping a 1/10 onroad kit. Usagi please open up your mind, I see you posting this everywhere, saying things that arew not true. I think the Japanese are selling Tamiya products too expensive on the internet comparing the price I can get in Hong Kong. The profit margin for the Japanese selling online products is much bigger than the HK retailers. My friend went to Japan and bought locally. The price is furthur cheaper than what we get here. I suppose you've never bought a thing from HK and don't know how much things cost.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by M 5
hong kong people don't charge $60 or $70 for shipping a 1/10 onroad kit. Usagi please open up your mind, I see you posting this everywhere, saying things that arew not true. I think the Japanese are selling Tamiya products too expensive on the internet comparing the price I can get in Hong Kong. The profit margin for the Japanese selling online products is much bigger than the HK retailers. My friend went to Japan and bought locally. The price is furthur cheaper than what we get here. I suppose you've never bought a thing from HK and don't know how much things cost.
Without getting into a fight with this issue. Go look on ebay and then say this again with tamiya kits and ither parts by HK sellers. japanese does not ocer charge people for tamiya kits likes HG resellers do. the end!
Old 06-13-2002, 02:13 AM
M 5
Tech Regular

Usagi, I would never get myself into a fight, it is just a waste of time, and in the end nobody will be happy.

For Japanese not over charging, please give me an example in EBAY that the Japanese sellers are cheaper than HK sellers. I can give you a very good example, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1739867790 . This guy is selling a 414M Memorial kit for $475, infact, they only cost $330 in local shops. And he charges $35 for shipping. This is a typical Japanese EBAYER.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Does anyone know what is the car that Tamiya are selling as the world champ replica?? I know it has a Protform Stratus body, but Tamiya USA website says it's the M2 chassis, and Tamiya Japan website says it's the M1 chassis??? what is it, and if it is the M1 why would they do that?? what is the story??
thanks
Old 06-13-2002, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

stulec52,

Let me put it this way, There is only one 414M, the difference between M1 and M2 is just the color and few parts that doesn't have any thing to do with the overall performance of the car. So just think it's a 414M.

The world replica kit is a 414M kit with blue parts and all the hop-ups and the modifications that the current world champ did to the car. for example: it inculdes all the titanium parts for the turnbuckles and the screws. and new place for the front sway bar.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by M 5
Usagi, I would never get myself into a fight, it is just a waste of time, and in the end nobody will be happy.

For Japanese not over charging, please give me an example in EBAY that the Japanese sellers are cheaper than HK sellers. I can give you a very good example, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1739867790 . This guy is selling a 414M Memorial kit for $475, infact, they only cost $330 in local shops. And he charges $35 for shipping. This is a typical Japanese EBAYER.
Good god one example! but what about the HK sellers! God they not only mark up the priced after buying items in Japan then resells them at black market prices! come on. HK sellers are knows for riping off the usa buyers! If you do seachers from HK sellers take alook at their prices . This jerk selling out of tokyo is nother compared to those HK sellers! Man your smarter then that.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Alvin
Slowhand: thank you! I will keep your tips in mind.
Hi Alvin,

I donot know whether you know Slowhand personally, but you should trust him with his setup tips, especially on TRF 414M.... he is one of the closest man to the current World Champ.

Right, Slowhand???
Old 06-13-2002, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by stulec52
Does anyone know what is the car that Tamiya are selling as the world champ replica?? I know it has a Protform Stratus body, but Tamiya USA website says it's the M2 chassis, and Tamiya Japan website says it's the M1 chassis??? what is it, and if it is the M1 why would they do that?? what is the story??
thanks
Hi Stulec52,

Don't get confused. M1, M2, M2 Champion Memorial Edition, M2 World Champion Replica, they are all from the SAME chassis. It is just evolving from M1 (actually it is just called TRF 414 M), then the aluminium parts are anodized blue and some light weights stuff (ie. outdrive, suspension balls, etc) included in M2.

Then it evolved again with M2 Champion Memorial Edition. It is still the same blue stuffs, but some Tamiya special tools added. This is after Surikarn won the Hong Kong International Race.

After Surikarn won the World Championship, the same chassis is again added / slightly modified with lighter bulkhead, special damper, titanium screws and turnbuckle, with all the World Champ replica etc.

So, all in all it is the same chassis, but evolving into a better racing weapon.

For more history on TRF 414M you can read it at www.tamiya.com

Hope the above info helps.

Old 06-13-2002, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Keyence

Hi Alvin,

I donot know whether you know Slowhand personally, but you should trust him with his setup tips, especially on TRF 414M.... he is one of the closest man to the current World Champ.

Right, Slowhand???
Nah, but between the emails he and I exchanged I kinda guessed his level
Old 06-13-2002, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Keyence,
thanks for that, all very helpful ( I did realise it was just 414 M , but thought it read better specifying 1 or 2)
So, what we are saying is the World Champ replica is the ultimate 414 to have, at the moment?
ok, so that's the one I want to buy. Anyone manage to get one to sell to me??
Please let me know, e-mail direct to:
[email protected]
thanks
Stu in Scotland
Old 06-14-2002, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

it's still pretty new,...so u might have 2 wait a while,...
it wun be cheaper too...with all the hype around it...n also the serial number on it...
Old 06-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Front kick up question

Hi!
Do you guys feel that comparing the stock 414M setting to surikarn's south africa setting (http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...uth_africa.gif) Surikarn's car got this Anti-dive in the front, it seems to create an understeer off power, even with dual one ways. Putting extra spacers in the front to achieve more kickup in the front seems to give more off power steering?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.