Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone told him that the carpet ISN'T ozite??? The track it self is a great rally track with all the bumps and stuff.

I wish the best for him, he's trying to do something most of us don't get to do.!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes he know's the carpet isn't ozite, he chose a less expensive alterative, and it also works well. The bumps aren't that bad, like I said my Mission scoots around there quite well, and the bumps will take away the really fast guy too....

He set up the track the way he did because he isn't sure the shop and track will work out, so if it does he plans on ripping up the carpet and repaving the area next year while outdoor season is in full swing. The side area next to the building will be repaved for an outdoor coarse.

If you look at the pictures of what Mimi started out with it wasn't much better, so I believe things will be just fine, as long as racers keep showing up and remember it's all about having fun, and not winning a national championship.

Besides don't you like a good challenge?? I mean your track down at HTUSA wasn't much of a challenge to you....
Old 09-29-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Oh I like A good challenge. How come you stopped coming down to the track in Frederick? It certainly wouldn't be the competition would it?? I mean your just as fast as the rest of us, right?

What I said in my previous post is purely the truth. If you can't handle that, then that's just to bad. What you stated in the thread you started in the racing forum is untrue to say the least. When Jeff came to HT, I was racing offroad all summer. The following year I was there most every weekend as well as the year after that. In some cases I don't even race just so I can help others get there cars ready to race. We try to help everyone so there racing experience is a good one.

Get your facts straight before you run off at the mouth next time. I don't see were I or anyone else for that matter called anyone names as you did in the other thread. If you choose to race at Garland's, that's entirely up to you. Maybe you found a track that no one else can beat you at. Or is it really, the fact that you can't stand to lose???? Naaa, I think you just can't handle the competition!!!!!!

Like I said in my last post, "I wish the best for him, he's trying to do something most of us don't get to do.!!!"
Old 09-30-2002, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

No Greg, I stopped coming to Hobbytown because I wanted to race at other places, and when I came back I couldn't get a solid lap without radio glitches. I know my equiptment had no problems, everywhere else I race I have no problems, but that one place...... Then I lost well over $100 worth of parts in one altercation with a nitro car due to the worst glithe I had experienced....in my life.

I don't mind competition at all I enjoy racing everyone, no matter if I win or loose, heck racing faster guys makes you faster!!!!

I don't know who was spreading the rumor about the graphite chassis', the carpet, and static electricity, or any other rumor I have heard since the new shop openned.... BUT this is the 4-5 rumor I have heard about the new track/shop.

I never even suspected you or Jeff to have anything to do with the rumors, that is why I wouldn't post the name of your track. BUT what I did hear came from someone who raced down at the track quite alot.

Do you understand why I am upset, I do want competition, and I wanna race, I just can't afford to drive all over the state to race each weekend. If someone is triing to keep racers away from where I race I get upset, because I have waited many years for a track close to me. If it was something that was legit then I wouldn't be as upset, but this is a blatant lie and most likely from someone who never even ran here!!!

BTW: I wasn't there the following year I was branching out to other tracks like RCO ,and working alot of over-time, but I do remember the first year....everytime you stopped by I asked you to come out and race with me and you always seemed to have an excuse... I'm not saying they didn't sound valid, but they where excuses.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Greg, I editted the post slightly, and reposted a reply, I never meant you or Jeff started the rumor, however it did come off that way...huh? I mentioned X-rays' because it seems to be the carbon fibre car of choice at your track.

Next year if you all get the permanent track up I plan on making a few trips down, if I don't have to worry about glitchng.... but a new locaton should solve that problem.....

Funny thing is my car is not set-up for ralley, and it handles quite well around the track.

ALSO I can't beat anyone there.... I am the only racer there as of now, hopefully a few more show up after the grand openning this Saturday.....
Old 10-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TA04 newcomer

TA04 WooHoo Alright!!!!

Just finished my first 04 Kit yesterday.
WOW this car is so Sweeeet.

Fitted my Trinity Team Kinwald 9 Turn, worked out the best gearing to start with and off i went to my local testing spot and WOW!! I could feel my skin stretching from the huge grin that i had when i punched the throttle for the first time. It is so smoooooth and lightening quick. It works so well straight from the box.
Now to go back and read the rest of this thread so i can get some setup tips....
One thing though, the belt is quite tight without the tensioner... Is this normal???
Old 10-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

i had the same feeling when i first got my 04r!!!...
it's a gd car stock alright...

the belt being tight should b ok,afterall it's new...
is it the front or rear belt?...
mayb check if there's any binding?...
Old 10-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Its the front belt but all seems to be working OK. Its probably just because its new. At the risk of repeating myself it is one sweet car and i would recommend it to anyone.
Old 10-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default TA04S

wats the diffirent btween TA04 R and S?
Old 10-12-2002, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

From what i know the "S" version is standard 04 with the addition of Bearings all round, slightly different tyres to the stock, and Turnbuckles.
The "R" is the racing version with all of the above plus Ball Diffs, Carbon upper deck, Carbon Reinforced lower deck, Low friction drive belt, 04 Module spur gear, universal shafts front and rear, Threaded body alloy Shockies, Alloy spur gear mount and probably a few other mods definately worth the extra bucks.
Old 10-12-2002, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Don't put any tension on that front belt to start with. It needs a couple runs to stretch out. I am going to run my 04 today in my local tracks point series. I'll be running it in the GT3 class (silver can motor, any hop up and any tamiya car).
Old 10-12-2002, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks,
I've already backed off the tensioner so that it sits just touching the belt. Good luck in your races today. I'll be kept busy in the back yard Sunday so i probably won't get to take my car out for another blast.
Do you know the difference in degrees that the various holes in the damper stays give?. I assume that by changing which holes you mount the dampers on, it changes camber settings. Is there somewhere that will give me the degrees of camber that each hole produces?
Old 10-12-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

The Dampers don't change chamber, the tierods that go to the tops of the axle carriers do that. By adjusting the length of the tierods you will get different degrees.... I usually use between 1-1 1/2 deg of chamber.
Old 10-12-2002, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

So what effect does changing the position of where the dampers are mounted have?
Old 10-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

The damper locations change the stiffness of the suspension, a shock that is "stood up" or closer to vertical will feel stiffer and have a more linear stiffness.... meaning tha suspension will be feel closer to the same stiffness thru the full travel of the suspension.

A "layed down" shock or closer to horizontal mounting position will have an initially softer feel, but will feel more progressively stiffer the close you get to the shock bottoming out......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.