Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

racingboy, I'm not aware of an xray 12th scale.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

opps how could i forget sorry 12th scal guys
Old 04-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi paul,

ive posted a thread about this but i thort your advice would be great!
how do you normaly set your front toe value? especialy if you run a .5 angle

thanks
Old 04-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Paul,

Can you help me dial in my tumbleweed? I tried checking out this website

http://prairietumbleweedfarm.com/

But it really didn't help me all too much although the sections on tumbleweed testing and the GIANT tumbleweeds sure are great reading!
have you tried raising the roll center? That seems to always work in getting it my car rotate more. If you are looking to go faster, shake the seeds out first...less rotating mass.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Paul
I have a old Xray T1FK04 with a 27t epic motor and my car doesnt have much grip in the rear. I changed the shock position and doesnt seem to spin as much out of the corners as it used to but still spins out of some corners if i were to move the position of the rear the sway bar would it make the spin less? Also what would be a good competitive final gear ratio for stock Im using 6.09 as my final drive ratio with a 93 spur to a 27 pinion. The track is small and tight and its asphalt. Thanks for your help and taking your time to answer my questions
Old 04-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by racingboy14
All xray needs now is an 8th scale onroad car, they have every other scale and catergory that is raced covered.
yeah, im confused why they would leave the best two classes in rc out, or maybe their just saving the best for last? Honestly, i think 1/12 and 1/8 are the purest form of racing, because you need some serious skill to keep those 1/8ths on the track, and 1/12, is a really old, 2WD racing, where its not all about new stuff, like in touring car.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Gravity RC

ferrarimk13: Hi, as far as i know they are not coming out with anything new. the 008 is still new to me and i think with the success of the car to date they are very satisfied with it. the multi diff is out now and they have two different legnth driveshafts, so i would expect a couple of new parts but i dont see a new kit design coming. I am also wishing for them to eventually get in to those classes also.

Xrayraycer008: I normally run just a touch of front toe out, i use the hudy guages with the slide pece and im always around 0.5deg total toe'd out. you can barely see it.

Trailranger: LOL sounds good to me.

FXracing: Im not sure where to gear a stock motor, how big is the track (maybe someone could help out), sorry. Which way did you go with the shocks that helped?. I never raced that car so im not totally sure but i would try a longer wheelbase by mooving the rear arms back, that should make a big difference (hopefully for the better). I assume that you are running rubber tires, what kind?.
let me know, Thanks.

Paul
Old 04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
ferrarimk13: Hi, as far as i know they are not coming out with anything new. the 008 is still new to me and i think with the success of the car to date they are very satisfied with it. the multi diff is out now and they have two different legnth driveshafts, so i would expect a couple of new parts but i dont see a new kit design coming. I am also wishing for them to eventually get in to those classes also.

Xrayraycer008: I normally run just a touch of front toe out, i use the hudy guages with the slide pece and im always around 0.5deg total toe'd out. you can barely see it.

Trailranger: LOL sounds good to me.

FXracing: Im not sure where to gear a stock motor, how big is the track (maybe someone could help out), sorry. Which way did you go with the shocks that helped?. I never raced that car so im not totally sure but i would try a longer wheelbase by mooving the rear arms back, that should make a big difference (hopefully for the better). I assume that you are running rubber tires, what kind?.
let me know, Thanks.

Paul

Are you coming to the Reedy warm up race? I could use the competition....LOL
Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FX Racing
Paul
I have a old Xray T1FK04 with a 27t epic motor and my car doesnt have much grip in the rear. I changed the shock position and doesnt seem to spin as much out of the corners as it used to but still spins out of some corners if i were to move the position of the rear the sway bar would it make the spin less? Also what would be a good competitive final gear ratio for stock Im using 6.09 as my final drive ratio with a 93 spur to a 27 pinion. The track is small and tight and its asphalt. Thanks for your help and taking your time to answer my questions
Gearing in the 6.8-7.0 range would probably be better also taking the rear sway bar off /or going thinner on that car would probably help, also try a softer rear spring. Those two things along with what Paul said should help if your tires are up to par.

Rod
Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Gravity RC

stlnlst: no i wont be, wish i could but i cant.

Rkeasler: Thanks for the added help.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

See ya this weekend Paul!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

i shifted the rear shoks outwards also im using take off 27's best suited tire for our track due to the heat.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

paul when are you going to come back and run a real class?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Gravity RC

Cypress: Oh yea..

FXracing: try some of the things mentioned and let me know.

Leon: sooner than you think.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default swaybars

Hi Paul,

I've read thru all the posts, this thread is most informative. Just wanted to ask when do you usually use swaybars or not... and when do we use just the front or the back?

For example I run on a track with 13 laptimes for foam 200mm nitro cars with decent grip... i guess medium flowing with some technical portion...

Thanks in advance.

Joel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.