Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
What races? Xray has either dominated show or won at every national/regional race in recent memory.
+1, I was going to say that, but didn't feel like getting into it here. Check the US records, you'll find an XRay on top of 10th scale electric and nitro at most of the races.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
What races? Xray has either dominated show or won at every national/regional race in recent memory.
They're doing very well in the US. However, there's that small issue of: Worlds, Reedy, TCM, ETS, DHI, European Champs...
Old 10-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

is that the car or Driver?
Imagine Volker&rheinard driving for xray +alex+elliot
Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
They're doing very well in the US. However, there's that small issue of: Worlds, Reedy, TCM, ETS, DHI, European Champs...
No doubt the races you mentioned are the biggest in the world and I don't recall Xray even placing at any of them in recent years. If it wasn't for 1 man they wouldn't be anywhere near as succesfull in the US either. I guess the over the top marketing actually works and stops a lot of people realizing, that on a world stage, Xray T2 is a long way from being the fastest TC on the market.

The T3 has a significant difference to the t2 by not mounting the suspension arms to the bulkheads and might be the car that finally lives up to all the Xray hype.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
No doubt the races you mentioned are the biggest in the world and I don't recall Xray even placing at any of them in recent years. If it wasn't for 1 man they wouldn't be anywhere near as succesfull in the US either. I guess the over the top marketing actually works and stops a lot of people realizing, that on a world stage, Xray T2 is a long way from being the fastest TC on the market.

The T3 has a significant difference to the t2 by not mounting the suspension arms to the bulkheads and might be the car that finally lives up to all the Xray hype.
Sorry Pablo, but more than 1 man is winning in the US. He might be the one that makes the website more often than not, but the he's not the only driver winning.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

edit

Last edited by M-Technic; 11-30-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default this is getting silly

With each new release, xray touring cars have gotten better. As B&B said, the reason why the xray $500 price can be justified is because you don't need to buy anything else for the car to perform. All of the parts fit together perfectly, and the car doesn't need hop-up parts to be competitive. Even though xray spares are expensive, the fact that the car hardly ever breakes justifies the price.

As for springs, I really don't think it matters as long as the spring weight matches the specs, but to each their own.

If you compare the xray t3 to the corally phi 09, or the 416x, or the tc5r (with the requisite hop-ups- exotek chassis, etc,) the prices are about the same, but I don't think anyone will argue that the xray quality and tolerances are the best.

Everyone takes all of this so seriously.

Last edited by billjacobs; 10-22-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
With each new release, xray touring cars have gotten better. As B&B said, the reason why the xray $500 price can be justified is because you don't need to buy anything else for the car to perform. All of the parts fit together perfectly, and the car doesn't need hop-up parts to be competitive. Even though xray spares are expensive, the fact that the car hardly ever breakes justifies the price.

As for springs, I really don't think it matters as long as the spring weight matches the specs, but to each their own.

If you compare the xray t3 to the corally phi 09, or the tc5r (with the requisite hop-ups- exotek chassis, etc,) the prices are about the same, but I don't think anyone will argue that the xray quality and tolerances are the best.

Everyone takes all of this so seriously.
I think people are just worried about being price gouged. That's all. And that is why people mention that Xray is only doing decently in the US and not anywhere else. I think people feel they are being ripped off with false advertising form Xray as being the best car in the world when it barely places in the worlds. Valid concerns.

But you are right. People are taking this way too seriously. Paul L. is doing a bang up job in making the Xray such a massive success in the US. He is extremely talented and a force to be reckoned with.

Seriously, just relax people. Xray has justified the price of their cars because of how durable they are, the innovation involved, and how well they perform right after building the car out of the box. And it is one of the few cars that barely needs a hop-up to perform even better! WE are the winners in all of this with such a great car!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Can someone explain the benefits on not having the arms mounted to the bulkheads like on the T2?
+1
Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Can someone explain the benefits on not having the arms mounted to the bulkheads like on the T2?
Benefit are less tweek, you can fine tune more ajustment with the thinner shim....
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Goingfast
less tweek, you can fine tune more with the thinner shim....
thanks going fast, much appreciated. but, don't mean to be rude or an a$$, is that all there is to it? just less tweak? nothing to do with having more traction or stability?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by alecladanga
thanks going fast, much appreciated. but, don't mean to be rude or an a$$, is that all there is to it? just less tweak? nothing to do with having more traction or stability?
Not rude, good question. I'm waiting for the answer myself.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just a better or quicker way to easy tune.....I've seen the T3 ran pass weekend and it look good compare the 009 and 008,But the 009 got the TQ
Old 10-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Just a better or quicker way to easy tune.....
thanks a lot goingfast and christopherkee
Old 10-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

By being able to place shims under the mounts you can micro adjust roll center. And by being able to fine tune roll center, kick up, squat, etc, you can get better traction, stability.

So now you have the quick roll center blocks + the ability to shim if you need it even tuned finer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.