Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

What bottom retainers are you using for the Assoc. springs? I had the same thoughts on using the Assoc. springs till Losi comes out with theirs. Can you use the Assoc. lower retainers and maybe remove the paint? Would that help?
Old 12-16-2002, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Custom Painted Alpha Body

Just thought I would post a link in case anyone is looking for a new body for their XXXS, sorry if this is against the rules?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=10795
Old 12-16-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

it's more of the paint and threads it hangs on vs' the retainers. I used the RPM retainers.

If you are looking for the Congo springs and can wait a week for ship try www.sheldonshobbies.com (I posted this earlier) I just got two sets of Congo blue, puple and one yellow.

(200th Post)
Old 12-16-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am sure it is in this thread somewhere but I will most likely never find it. Does anyone have a complete listing of the losi shock springs for the xxxs. I have a bunch of them and have no idea how to put them in order of lightest to stifest.

thanks
Jesse
Old 12-16-2002, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone out there run sway bar kits on these xxxs
either front or rear?

am just wondering as was wondering if need to order them when i buy kit.

im running on asphalt good grip (lots)

Thanks Ryan
Old 12-17-2002, 01:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

KingZJ,

check out competitionx.com, I believe they have spring rates for all the major brands on there.

Blake
Old 12-17-2002, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Ryan - its a good idea to get the front swaybar kit. I seem to use them almost all the time with good luck. You also might want to get a front one-way.

Kingzj - Here's the springrates for the Losi springs from softest to stiffest

WHITE = 7.6 LBS
ORANGE = 8.6 LBS
YELLOW = 9.6 LBS
PINK = 10.6 LBS
RED = 11.6 LBS
SILVER = 12.6 LBS
BLUE = 14.6 LBS
GREEN = 17.5 LBS
PURPLE = 20 LBS
BLACK = 25 LBS
TRINITY CONGO BLUE = 30 LBS
TRINITY CONGO PURPLE = 35 LBS
TRINITY CONGO YELLOW = 40 LBS

Losi is going to be releasing some new springs that are aproximately 30, 35 and 40 lbs with a slightly different spring rate progression than the Trinity springs are. Keep your eye out for those in the future if you ever race on foams.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Dave that is a big help I knew I could count on somebody.

Kevin I will put that setup on my car and try it out. I though everyone was running low roll center at scottys.

Jesse
Old 12-17-2002, 03:15 PM
Tech Initiate

To those of you that helped me with some tips on dialing out my off power oversteer last week, thanks a million. I qualified 3rd for the A main and my car handled flawlessly all weekend after I took the advice from this thread.

But.... I do have one great big gripe. I've broke 5 left front hub carriers in the last 12 runs or so. I'm constantly trying keep my corners nice and tight in the critical passing areas and every once in a while I'll tap a pipe with that corner of my car (since 85% of the turns are left handers). Now I know I'm not supposed to be "tapping" anything but these things are rediculous. Is there a recommended brand of aftermarket aluminum carriers that I should switch to?

Also, supposively my car was on the very first run of production line kits. I keep reading about "whole new chassis, shock towers, etc." Should I just get a G-Plus kit and bag trying to update this one...... ?
Old 12-17-2002, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Ghost- Are you breaking the spindle or the caster block(c-hub). If it is the caster block Losi has mad a running change to the parts, if you look on the bottom part were the king pin srew goes in this area is thicker. The other big part to breaking front end stuff is whether or not you are on throttle when you impact the pipe, you can hit things really hard and not break if you are off power but if you are still in the throttle it does not take much to break.

Chad
Old 12-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jesse.....The high RC has been working quite well for me give it a try.

How many of the Losi guys out here are going to be going to the US Touring Car Champs in Jan? It should be a good race and well attended by the factory boys.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ghosttown- I ran a losi outdoors most of the summer and have 3 runs this winter on carpet with a G+ and haven't broken anything except one caster block outdoors. You're track probly has 2x4's? If you put aluminum on it, then some other part will just break instead, or the aluminum will probly end up bending. Try some of the new graphite blocks, like Chad said, they are thicker than the older ones. Good to hear your getting your car setup.

Kevin- That's in Chi-town this year, right? You got a site with some more info?
Old 12-17-2002, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

It is the C shaped hub and its breaking at the hinge pin area every time. On this particular track there are only three spots where the throttle is let off to settle the car into the corners, every other tenth of a second is 100% on power. After breaking while leading on the third lap of the Main last weekend I'm definately switching to aluminum. Bend'em, Tweak'em, Scratch'em I don't care as long as I cross the finish line with four wheels instead of three.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Pimped,

The boarders are made with 2" pvc pipe thats duct taped together. Hence my frustration. Car is dialed though, I missed TQ by seven tenths.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by I_GhostTown_I
It is the C shaped hub and its breaking at the hinge pin area every time. On this particular track there are only three spots where the throttle is let off to settle the car into the corners, every other tenth of a second is 100% on power. After breaking while leading on the third lap of the Main last weekend I'm definately switching to aluminum. Bend'em, Tweak'em, Scratch'em I don't care as long as I cross the finish line with four wheels instead of three.
Are you running a full width front foam bumper?
I'd read that some peeps changed to a Buds/BRP(Don't know which one, sorry)wider foam bumper and reduced the number of breakages on the original XXX-S.

G+ apparently has a wider standard foam bumper, standard. Hopefully this will do the trick on the new kit.

Last edited by Simon K; 12-17-2002 at 04:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.