Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

A wider front bumper is a very good idea. I'm using the kit bumper which is very soft and flexible. I have a blue Trinity bumper, I'll mount it up and see if that helps any. After reading over this thread it sounds as if the latest G+ kit is vastley different from the first run of cars over a year ago. I'm going to cut my losses and just buy a new kit.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Ghosttown - aluminum is not a good idea for c-hubs. In your situation, they will be less durable than the updated graphite ones. Not only do they bend quite easily, but as said by others already, you will transfer the breakage to somewhere else.

If you are running with pvc, I'm surprised that you are breaking the way that you are. Are you not running a servo saver? Also check to see if your servo saver is really loose. This can allow your steering to overtravel too easily which is how c-hubs usually get damaged. Also, make sure that you have a good front bumper on the car like the newer stiff foam bumper from Los or the trinity red bumper. If you are on a full speed huge track clipping pipes at full throttle, then nothing may save your car from being damaged.

Kevin K - I'll be there at Trackside. Really looking forward to it.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Dave Kurschner
Ghosttown - aluminum is not a good idea for c-hubs. In your situation, they will be less durable than the updated graphite ones. Not only do they bend quite easily, but as said by others already, you will transfer the breakage to somewhere else.

If you are running with pvc, I'm surprised that you are breaking the way that you are. Are you not running a servo saver? Also check to see if your servo saver is really loose. This can allow your steering to overtravel too easily which is how c-hubs usually get damaged. Also, make sure that you have a good front bumper on the car like the newer stiff foam bumper from Los or the trinity red bumper. If you are on a full speed huge track clipping pipes at full throttle, then nothing may save your car from being damaged.

Kevin K - I'll be there at Trackside. Really looking forward to it.
There are other racers at my track that use aluminums and don't seem to have a problem (come to think of it, none of them made the A main though). The track is very short at the moment so speeds are low. I'm not subjecting the car to large impacts with the barriers or even other cars. I think I might give the graphites a try first since everyone seems to agree that the AL's are bad.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Kevin K - From what I hear, PL, BK, and hodge will be there for the weekend... not to mention countless others

Wilde
Old 12-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I talked to Scotty tonight and their are a ton of Factory guys coming.

Kevin we got the hook up again this year we are all gonna be in skybox again. Just got to keep skip from droppin A$$ again and we will have it made.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If Skip starts to drop the bomb then we get Uncle Kenny and give him some Wendy's chillie and watch out clear the room.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

boy am i glad i am pitting downstairs.......arg.peeeeeeuuuuuuuu
Old 12-17-2002, 09:01 PM
R/C Tech Founder

The more you guys talk about it, the more bummed I am about missing this year's Novak. If only Scotty hadn't moved up the date! haha
Old 12-18-2002, 02:00 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

get the brp front bumper. I used to have the same problem as you, but since I have had that bumper I haven't broken anything in the front. Also, ,see if someone can rig some BRP nerf wings to the vehicle as well. I have some on mine and they have saved the rear end except when i hit just right, like today
Old 12-18-2002, 02:07 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hey All,

Did some driving today to get some more practice in. Broke a rear hub carrier (my fault) and figured since I got to take that apart I will look into trying new setups. I went ahead and bought some 60 weight oil and another set of black losi springs, so i am willing to try some new setups. here is what I have that I can use to setup my car:

Oils:

Springs: (pairs)

1 White Associated
2 Black Losi
2 Purple Losi
1 Blue? Associated
1 Silver Losi
1 Green? Associated
1 Purple Not sure what it is but they are short
1 Orange not sure again but they are short!

Stock Pistons

PRP Shock towers

Original Losi Hubs and Arms

HPI Alpha Romeo body and Losi XXX-S stock body

Purples and Plaids for Foams, TRC brand

Battery position always to the rear

Ok, from these items, I want my vehicle to be able to rotate the rear easier. Today when running my vehicle seemed to roll alittle too much in the turns so I am looking to running all black springs around.

Can Anyone give me a good setup that will work great on a tight track? I have looked at the losi setup sheets but I am lacking some parts there drivers use.

Finally, can someone give me a good answer on what lengthening the rear camber links vs shortening them does? Also, what does having the ball stud on the rear hub closer to the vehicle versus farther away do for you?

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:22 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey guys....I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that Schumacher USA now has the Titanium Racing CVD's in stock for the Losi XXXS. Please check with your local dealer to see if they have them on order. They sell for $39.99 retail for a pair.

BTW, we also have screw kits, turnbuckles, hinge pins etc in stock. Team Losi's Factory Drivers are now using Titanium Racing products with great success.

Thanks for your time
Old 12-18-2002, 02:28 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kevin K
If Skip starts to drop the bomb then we get Uncle Kenny and give him some Wendy's chillie and watch out clear the room.
Freaking Bob or Charlie kept dropping bombs every day... They kept blaming it on me.. Bastards... If I had let one loose like that, I would have been claiming, and enjoying it...but I get the hell outa there..
Old 12-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Cain

Finally, can someone give me a good answer on what lengthening the rear camber links vs shortening them does? Also, what does having the ball stud on the rear hub closer to the vehicle versus farther away do for you?

Thanks.
sorrie,but i'm having problem accessing the website.i do remember tat you can access www.competitionx.com website for the info u need...
Old 12-18-2002, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys... I just picked up a XXXS and it has a blue 64 pitch spur gear, but its not marked with the number of teeth. Its kinda hard to count in the car so anyone know how many teeth a blue spur has?
Old 12-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

128 teeth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.