Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

That is very nice, Thank You....

I havent seen one in person yet, so that really helps.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manbik
You want pictures? YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY PICTURES!

I decided to be creative... 360 pictures in 1 degree increments cramed together into a 7.5MB AVI file.

I'll be making the thumbnail sheets later so you can see each individual picture in full detail. The movie kind of ruined the quality of the pictures but still cool to see.

Check the MRX3.com site, I should have some done by the end of the night.

Oh! The AVI file is at:
http://www.4acesracing.com/movies/MTX-3_320x240.avi

-Jason
nice work !

is the roll bar the same used on MTX2?
Old 11-15-2002, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

This isn't my car and the guy only gave me what you see, I did not assemble it, so there is a lot I don't know.

-The roll bar is the Kawahara one for the MTX-2.
-Front bumper is MTX-2 stuff, pics on my site show an after market carbon bumper plate.
-Kawahara Side belt tensioner will fit.
-Rear diff does NOT leak at all. (owner will not let me take it apart, LOL)
-The Kawahara brake disk for the MRX-3 will fit this car.

Pics are up on the MRX3.com site.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Very nice pics, Very clean... Nice job. What kind of camera and lighting did you use?? These pics are so much better than the pics on Mugen Japan's site (the one and only pic rather) or Mugen USA's site. The pics on Mugen USA's site are horrible (actully the whole site stinks, horribly designed, looks like a pile, they need to do something about that, maybe take some cues from Yokomo's site, sheeshh). The pics on Mugen USA's site are totally over exposed or something. You cant see any details. It's all washed out looking.

Anways, good job man.

P.S. the car looks sick!!!!!!

I cant wait to see it start thrashing the living heck out of NTC3's.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-15-2002 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manbik
This isn't my car and the guy only gave me what you see, I did not assemble it, so there is a lot I don't know.

-The roll bar is the Kawahara one for the MTX-2.
-Front bumper is MTX-2 stuff, pics on my site show an after market carbon bumper plate.
-Kawahara Side belt tensioner will fit.
-Rear diff does NOT leak at all. (owner will not let me take it apart, LOL)
-The Kawahara brake disk for the MRX-3 will fit this car.

Pics are up on the MRX3.com site.
after viewing the pictures. the roll bar should be Kose one for MTX2.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hmmmm.... thats the whole point. You have all the options. Experiment with them! The story about the World Champs sounds like there was a little bias to me!
Old 11-15-2002, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm building the car at the moment.
It appears Mugen fever has hit home hard on the Kyosho nutty professor! Nice to see that like a fine wine, an RC fanatics taste matures with age
Old 11-15-2002, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

i heard that the mugen team did make an attempt to change their gearing for worlds and over did it making the car sluggish

did someone say 24 tooth pinion where did you get it
Old 11-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Default battery

what's up with the battery? I saw on starting grid where robbie said you can't use regular 5 cell pack. Where to get a pack for this car and which exactly do you need? I haven't got mine yet but I don't want any delays when I do get it.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

yep throw away your 5 cell pack you need a AAA batery pack

Last edited by Cartman; 11-15-2002 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

"I thought Robbie Collins was a mugen employee who happens to race more so than a mugen factory driver i.e. osaka".

Hello patelladragger;
I raced for Mugen before I worked for Mugen, and to answer your question that really has nothing to do with nothing yes I am a what you consider a Factory Driver, I do travel allot to promote and race Mugen product, and I also work for mugen my title is marketing and sales.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

robbie was the only driver from a team to come to my pit and help me tune my engine at nats for that matter the only person who answered any of my questions robbie you may remember me i was there with binky and eric and i really apprieciated your help

next question robbie what should we do for batteries will a premade pack be available
Old 11-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Robbie hi there
I race for the Uk team (finished 15th in the uk) and am waiting my new mtx3 i also write for one of the UK's top mag's radio race car international.
any tips you can post i would appreciate, i may also quiz you a bit if thats OK via pm
have you tried rubber tyres yet? as we run these in the UK
ps i wish i could get your job in this country!!!

Last edited by Cartman; 11-15-2002 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

For what it's worth here's what I ment in regards to the gearing thing, 17/48 1rst gear 22/42 this gear works better on this car than the MTX-2 because of the over all gear ratio.

MTX-2 5.717
MTX-3 5.431

To address the issue of me making the car out to be more than what it is or not telling the truth about how it really performs, just to sale kits, look at what I said about the top end performance on my first outing with the car.

I don't post things because I have to.
I post things because I am also a racer just like you guys, so if you have a problem with my observations or setups then I'll stop posting.

To address the comment about the pics on the MUGEN RACING web page those pics were taking by Tim and myself, all we were doing was trying to get the pics out as soon as possible, so sorry if our pics didn't meet some of your standards maybe next when something new comes out we'll weight and have a professional come in and take pics.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Robbie dont take it to heart m8 there are some funny characters in cyber space!!

I for one am gratefull for the pictures and news as i passed it all to the UK from your site, any pictures are better than none!!

Last edited by Cartman; 11-15-2002 at 02:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.