Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default decision made

Ordered Nova Rossi N21B 09 ,off road 3 port from A Main Hobbies. Hope to have it ready to go for the Port Jervis race right after 4th of July holiday.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
Ordered Nova Rossi N21B 09 ,off road 3 port from A Main Hobbies. Hope to have it ready to go for the Port Jervis race right after 4th of July holiday.
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...&cat=78&page=1 ...you wasted $.16 ....lol
Novarossi now using the TOP name again for car engines??? http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.p...r-engines.html hmmmmmm...
Old 06-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Does anyone know about the "Rally" Kangaroo? What the differences are with the normal Kango, and if it would be a good option

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=5373
i think the rally comes with a co driver thats hard too understand
Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Joe, the unherd story!

Originally Posted by 5italkart
i used the "kit " motor for a while but i think my kangaroo runs smoother and is about all the power you would need. but if some sort of national rules mandated a spec motor i would be on board with it as well.
Some where about the middle of the season, Joe realized he wasn't spending his money fast enough. What was he to do? I know, he could spend more on a motor. It wasn't the fact the motor had more power then everyone else 3-port. nor was it the fact the Kangaroo is more of a pure race motor. Nope, it just cost more. It even has the big buck turbo plug! You can even set it up to run 75% nitro. Some racers live with a use it or lose it plan, you know, their wife takes it back.

That being said, when I put together the new WRC car, I stole the Kangaroo out of Lon IIIs car from last year. It has a 5.4 restrictor and can get 10 minutes on a tank. I agree it's a smoother power band and a very nice motor. Yet we are both still chasing 3-ports. The 3-port has TQed at every race so far. At $175 to $185 with pipe and manifold, it's a super deal.

Alright, I was picking on Joe (it's fun), He's a great guy to have around and allot of fun to race with!

Did I tell you just how neat Matt's car looks on the track (even with its chainsaw handle rollbar), keep it coming Matt!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Some where about the middle of the season, Joe realized he wasn't spending his money fast enough. What was he to do? I know, he could spend more on a motor. It wasn't the fact the motor had more power then everyone else 3-port. nor was it the fact the Kangaroo is more of a pure race motor. Nope, it just cost more. It even has the big buck turbo plug! You can even set it up to run 75% nitro. Some racers live with a use it or lose it plan, you know, their wife takes it back.

That being said, when I put together the new WRC car, I stole the Kangaroo out of Lon IIIs car from last year. It has a 5.4 restrictor and can get 10 minutes on a tank. I agree it's a smoother power band and a very nice motor. Yet we are both still chasing 3-ports. The 3-port has TQed at every race so far. At $175 to $185 with pipe and manifold, it's a super deal.

Alright, I was picking on Joe (it's fun), He's a great guy to have around and allot of fun to race with!

Did I tell you just how neat Matt's car looks on the track (even with its chainsaw handle rollbar), keep it coming Matt!
... What's wrong with chainsaw racing???... Maybe get a sponsorship
from Stihl????.....
Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

truth be told i like the way it sounds, if i had too win too have fun i'd be gone by now. when it gives up i'll get another 3port
Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

At $175 to $185 with pipe and manifold, it's a super deal.
WHAT MOTOR/PIPE/MANIFOLD COMBO IS $185?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default $185 Combo

Originally Posted by MrHistory
WHAT MOTOR/PIPE/MANIFOLD COMBO IS $185?
Lon's talking about the stuff that Moto/Garen was including in the P8C Combo. Most of the cars that were sold in the Toledo area came with this set-up, or it was bought separately for use in the Pans. There were always "rumors" that Moto was changing to another supplier but I don't know if that ever happened.

I'd check with Garen to see what is currently available.

Ned
Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Ned! I thought that might be what he meant.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

After action report....

1. Gonna start right out with that wretched ol' so and so Rick. Shows up with a pan car...of his own build.....with machining that actually looks like it was done by someone competent (as opposed to me) and ends the day by saying "Meh, I had fun, I'll put it back on the shelf now." ???? I'm torn...on the one hand, that's just flat out wrong, but on the flip side, I may stand a chance at winning someday because that car was wicked light and outside of a J is the best looking pan I've seen in years. I wish my car looked half that good (and weighed similar.)

2. Ate two spur gears. Once again discovered that lack of loctite causes engines to come loose with bad results. Shit. And the car was handling really well, too. Joe P and I were neck and neck for several laps in our qualifier ( I think we had nine entries in pan for a rain threatened club race) and the racing in pan class was GOOD.

3. Got to play tag with Lon Sr. today.....thwacked him a good one and ran like hell afterwards. I'd say it wasn't entirely unintentional but that'd be lying, and besides, it was a quality thwack, one to be proud of. Pan cars will take a little rubbing, unlike the far faster (and more fragile) 4wds. It's all in good fun...until I get a Burling posse on my tail, in which case I'll be just that much more glad I have a six pound tank.

4. The gear change I made helped a lot. Whatever the reduction in the diff is, I've got 20 on the pinion, 40 on the spur, and it seems decently balanced between low and high ends. The car turns on a dime, I'm still running 45 front/40 rears left over from last year with no traction issues worthy of mention, and if I pay more attention vs. getting in a hurry, it might be a contender.

With the number of people we have running pan now, and a few more coming in from here and there, I think we're going to have a really, really good GLC for pan class. Some of the guys lap times are getting very decent indeed (a lot of 22's in the field) which I think is pretty respectable for cars with no suspension, 4wd, or two speed. This has already been a pretty good year...we now have had three scratch builts, more drivers, and some of the guys are coming up with really good ideas to improve the cars and help drive down costs.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
After action report....

With the number of people we have running pan now, and a few more coming in from here and there, I think we're going to have a really, really good GLC for pan class.
Reading this thread makes me want to move to Ohio! (That's where you guys are at, right?)

I pulled my RC300D off the shelf last night, just to gawk at it and reminisce. It was a fun car!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by howardcano
Reading this thread makes me want to move to Ohio! (That's where you guys are at, right?)

I pulled my RC300D off the shelf last night, just to gawk at it and reminisce. It was a fun car!
..... Correct... Ohio
Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

It's time to get that Associated running and bring it to the GLC!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Just so you know...when I ran my SuperJ last year, it was competitive. The old stuff is still competitive alongside the new. I did very well in a club race, where everything in the car but the electronics was 35 years old, including engine and foam. If you have a vintage car and want to run it, there's no reason why it can't hold its own on the track.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Just so you know...when I ran my SuperJ last year, it was competitive. The old stuff is still competitive alongside the new. I did very well in a club race, where everything in the car but the electronics was 35 years old, including engine and foam. If you have a vintage car and want to run it, there's no reason why it can't hold its own on the track.
thats right it's all about participation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.