Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Does anyone remember the suspension arms that were mostly molded but were carbon fiber in the core? Does anyone remember what happened to them? I can't find them at all on Serpent America's website. I'm wondering if they were too expensive to sell many of, or if they just decided that it wasn't a good idea.
They are still listed on the Serpent Holland website on the optionals page. My guess is they were not added to the Serpent America website yet because maybe they were sold out when they added most all of the other products. I have seen them listed at some other places though.

Steve
Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
They are still listed on the Serpent Holland website on the optionals page. My guess is they were not added to the Serpent America website yet because maybe they were sold out when they added most all of the other products. I have seen them listed at some other places though.

Steve
Could be. I sure hope Serpent gets it together. I love the car.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Could be. I sure hope Serpent gets it together. I love the car.
the CFI arms..? hope they r available soon... who else do sells S400 parts that can send oversea..? thanks...
Old 05-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone remember the suspension arms that were mostly molded but were carbon fiber in the core? Does anyone remember what happened to them? I can't find them at all on Serpent America's website. I'm wondering if they were too expensive to sell many of, or if they just decided that it wasn't a good idea.
The fronts are in stock at demonpowerproducts. The rears are out of stock. The fronts are part nr. 401166 and the rears 401167.

Edit: spelling.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by corallyman
Molzermoweryracing shows that part as IN STOCK, 16.59. Like others have said try them.

Steve
Mailed them 2 days ago but still no reply. Also mailed a couple others that show them as in stock but also no reply. I'm waiting. I could buy a used S400 just for that part but that makes no sense. In that case i'll buy another brand's car and be done with it. Schumacher, Xray and Corally seem to have no problems with spares.

EDIT: MMR is out of stock.

Last edited by Storm_PT; 05-13-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Storm_PT
Mailed them 2 days ago but still no reply. Also mailed a couple others that show them as in stock but also no reply. I'm waiting. I could buy a used S400 just for that part but that makes no sense. In that case i'll buy another brand's car and be done with it. Schumacher, Xray and Corally seem to have no problems with spares.

infact i bought a used car just for center pulleys and rear ball diff joints...
Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here's a novel idea... call them instead of email.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Here's a novel idea... call them instead of email.
Here's a novel idea. Learn to read and understand that not everyone is in the US.

EDIT: On second thought i shouln't have said that. Anyway, they all replied already and don't have the part in stock. So i'm back to square one.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So you guys have a lot of problems getting parts? That's a very bad thing hope you guys get what your looking for.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up 2-speed.de just saved me :)

Yep, they refunded my payment for 401098 and sent the rest of my order. Today when i opened the box i saw the part in the attached picture. I didn't order that one and its not listed in Serpents site. As an added advantage, the slots are wider and can accept blades without dremmel work

Anyone knows the part number if it even exists ? Maybe something new is coming

Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

After opening the paper invoice included with the order, i see its listed as 401112 - Solid axle front. A search for 401112 in serpent.com returns nothing. Serpent America returns Solid Axle RR and so does speedshop24.com.

EDIT: Not listed in the site but its listed in the manual. Nice to know the rear fits in the front. They should've just used the same design front and rear.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anybody know what modification is necessary to use Tamiya 415 driveshafts in the front of the S400?

I just placed an order with Serpent America... I was thrilled to see steering knuckles in stock again.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Yep, they refunded my payment for 401098 and sent the rest of my order. Today when i opened the box i saw the part in the attached picture. I didn't order that one and its not listed in Serpents site. As an added advantage, the slots are wider and can accept blades without dremmel work

Anyone knows the part number if it even exists ? Maybe something new is coming

is that serpent parts??? i'm very interested in it too... lighter n can use the plastic blades... wher do u get them??? do they have rear ball diff pulley n center pulley in stocks??? looking for rear diff joint too... thanks...
Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fly_wheel
is that serpent parts??? i'm very interested in it too... lighter n can use the plastic blades... wher do u get them??? do they have rear ball diff pulley n center pulley in stocks??? looking for rear diff joint too... thanks...
I got it from 2-speed.de. No, the pulleys are out of stock there too.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone know who has one or two Serpent gear diffs available ??? or alternatives ???
I have been waiting months for it to be available and i am sure others are also wanting them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.