Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

HI! I just blew my tank today racing, do any of you have any tips on protecting the tank? Thank!
Old 06-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Ducati998
HI! I just blew my tank today racing, do any of you have any tips on protecting the tank? Thank!
K factory makes a left side carbon graphite brace that will protect the tank somewhat. I believe if you're using the stock chassis, mounting the brace will warp the chassis slightly because the holes do not align properly. Screw only one side.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Set your tuned pipe at an angle that when you hit it, it hits the edge of the chassis. I've had the car for a year and have not broken any tanks. But if you like at the pipe on the side closest to the chassis, it has some marks on it. You have to turn it just so.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
Old 06-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

K factory left side brace www.factoryracing.com
Old 06-01-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Damage to the pipe is a given....right? So, I'm thinking, maybe to reinforce the pipe mounting struts. Maybe, bend (upwards?) the pipe mount a bit so the pipe won't slide in and crush the fuel tank when hit. Also, maybe add a stopper (like the ones used on the throttle/brake linkages).

Just a thought

I'm still getting used to my RTR and it has taken a few hard knocks!
Old 06-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
well,to say I am AGGRAVATED is to say the least....

I'm installing LUNSFORD hinge pins and TI balls......

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!...the upper hinge pins are undersized...there's now a ton of slop in the upper arms...''
FH, I noticed the looser fit with the ti hinge pins myself. But in my case there's now more fore-aft movement than with the stock steel pins. Overall diameter seems to remain the same as stock. Oh, and I cut & pasted those diff tips, thanks.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
K factory makes a left side carbon graphite brace that will protect the tank somewhat. I believe if you're using the stock chassis, mounting the brace will warp the chassis slightly because the holes do not align properly. Screw only one side.
My brace fits perfectly on my car. No hand fitting required.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

WOW! Thanx for all the help guys, I will see what I can do. What really amazed me was that I run the dual chamber pipe from Associated and after hitting the board couple of time on the left side there like no damaged on the pipe, however just some scratch. I sometime don't know why peoples say the ntc3 is a brittle car, it pretty tough to me. Anyway thanx for all the help!
Old 06-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Also don't you guys think the pipe would brake the K factory side braces if it get hit hard enough? Thanx!
Old 06-02-2003, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

i was running my car yesterday and while it wa idleing the glow plug just blew, no not failed, but litteraly shot completely out of the enigne head 5 feet in the air. i think it was not tightened fully into the head.

Also will you screw up your gears if they are too close together?
(the spur gear)
Old 06-02-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My K factory brace fits perfect....you have to maka a new wire for the pipe,as the brace pushes the pipe OUT about 2 mm...but thats easy...

hers my solution for a stock car...You see the little roll pin I installed?.......that prevents teh wire from moving towards the rear in a side impact....and that holds the pipe in one place....I use that method on my one car..the k factory piece I bought cause I liked the way it looked..

also...MAKE SURE your tank isn't bolted tightly to the chassis...try mounting the tank with 2 orings in the front,one in theback..it leans the tank back,gets rid of alot of vibration...just mount it loose so the whole tank has some sids to side movement..
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-chass.jpg  

Last edited by fastharry™; 06-02-2003 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Old Skool
FH, I noticed the looser fit with the ti hinge pins myself. But in my case there's now more fore-aft movement than with the stock steel pins. Overall diameter seems to remain the same as stock. Oh, and I cut & pasted those diff tips, thanks.

In my eyes,theres no excuse for ANY slop...esp the pillow ball threads being of 5 thousands.....

I expect more from Lunsford..

HEY NUT>>>>>>>>>>>>

How did those TI balls fit..thread wise AND pillow ball size...any slop anywhere?....(esp thhe pillow balls them selves?)

You would think,ANYBODY with some type of machinest OR designing background,would have looked at the TC3 pillow cups and made the balls a few thousands LARGER..this way you could allow for wear in the cups and tighten them as needed...

I'm just a moron,and can figure that out...
Old 06-02-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD

Initial..the left side brace fits perfect.....you just have to mount a new wire to hold the muffler,as it is 2 mm further out..

Check out my roll pin solution in the previous post...you'll have no more tank problems...
Old 06-02-2003, 04:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry to hear that about the Lunsford products, they have always had a good reputation for high quality. I am sure they will resolve the issue for you.

The TiR parts on the other hand fit perfectly. As a matter of fact, the pillow ball shafts are slightly oversized. If you where to install them in a new arm, then remove them and install the stock pillow balls, the stock pillow balls would be somewhat loose (you could adjust them with your fingers easily). The hinge pins are a perfect fit also, no slop what-so-ever. Their titanium parts are the best I have seen, and I have seen titanium from Hardcore, Lunsford, Associated, GPM, ect.. You cannot beat TiR. The biggest problem is supply & demand. You cannot always get your hands on their stuff. Go to SpeedTech, he always has a good selection. One other item, try their titanium input shafts, you will not believe the weight savings.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

how about the balls themselves ....any slop in the cup?....

I went to speedtech....the balls and hinge pins are out of stock..whick shafts did you get?..they list front and back and center....whats the center one,the drive shaft?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.