Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ran a 357 for steering all season last year, and it would never center perfectly. When setting it up on a Hudy station you might as well forget about getting an acurate toe in/out reading, ect., but other than that it functioned perfectly. I ran a 737 for throttle/brake and that worked perfectly also. I talked with one of the sponsered drivers at our local track and he told me the same thing, and he too was at one time sponsered by Airtronics (JR now). I am not bashing Airtronics, they make some of the best electronic gear around, and you would never go wrong with buying anything they make, I'm just agreeing with you guys.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone help me out with these problems

What does 4-stroking on your cars performance?

And How do i know what % of rpm my car is going at? im confused someone help me out thx
Old 05-19-2003, 05:06 PM

Don't feel bad guys ,I've had every type Hitec servo they make. I know Hitec not the best, but kinda affordable, I went to digital servos last year hoping to cure the centering issues. I had to buy a $200 programmer to cure the problems even with the digital stuff. But I can say it does center perfect now!
Old 05-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey bb..I use all the hitec digitals also(9 series)..
and also have the programmer.(just haven't tried it yet)

how did that help the centering?...thanks..
Old 05-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

I've used several different JR 8450 digital servos in various RC vehicles. Every one centered perfectly. If you need a servo that works perfect, check out the JR8450.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

They just don't center perfectly like nut said. I've sent them in a number of times to get fixed and they come back the same. They work fine and until something came out that did center better I didn't really have much of an issue with it. Now I just run the 758 and it's still not an issue... for some people they center just fine. For my personal taste I like it to be more precise... that's all.

Jon
Old 05-19-2003, 07:32 PM

Shiloh, I think you 100% right on the Jr.'s, I think they make the best servo on the market for the past few years. My 5925 Hitec's are very smooth but the JR digi is even smoother.
Harry: You can reprogram the center point on the servos to where ever it seems to center best at and then reset all the linkage. I have never used mine either as of yet. I have an Airplane buddy that uses all Hitec gear and he programmed mine when I installed them.. The new Hitec radio has a finer trim adjustment now that they say helps center much better than the old Lynx 3d.
I have a Hitec lynx 3d with spectra and have never had any trouble with that ugly thing for 3 years now. But. I have layed it to rest for the new Futaba 3PK.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally posted by bbntc3
Shiloh, I think you 100% right on the Jr.'s, I think they make the best servo on the market for the past few years. My 5925 Hitec's are very smooth but the JR digi is even smoother.
Harry: You can reprogram the center point on the servos to where ever it seems to center best at and then reset all the linkage. I have never used mine either as of yet. I have an Airplane buddy that uses all Hitec gear and he programmed mine when I installed them.. The new Hitec radio has a finer trim adjustment now that they say helps center much better than the old Lynx 3d.
I have a Hitec lynx 3d with spectra and have never had any trouble with that ugly thing for 3 years now. But. I have layed it to rest for the new Futaba 3PK.

since gears are round,and the motors are coreless,I don't quite get how moving the center line will position them different and help them center..but I'll have to break that thing out and give it a try..

BTW,that 3 pk is the cats (butt)..I have one..
Old 05-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Shiloh
I've used several different JR 8450 digital servos in various RC vehicles. Every one centered perfectly. If you need a servo that works perfect, check out the JR8450.
Glad to here about the Jr8450, since I picked up a used one and have not put it in any of my cars yet. I just tested it out of the car and it felt good. I still need another digital for my 3pk with the hrs receiver. Funny thing though. I have all these great features on the radio, but hardly used any since I am so used to driving without them. My goal is to expirement with the radio this weekend.

Harry, I have been having a centering problem with my airtronics 347, but it turned out to be that my ball cups were rubbing the steering rack. I have been driving the car like that since changeing to the rpm cups over the winter. I put back the AE ones back on and presto, problem gone. I had shaved the rpms, but I guess not enough
Old 05-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey all I was wondering what manufactures mean when they state that eh servo is coreless?

Thanks Jason
Old 05-19-2003, 09:10 PM

Try it Harry you might be surprised. It sure helped mine. My bud flys heli's and planes and he swears by the programmer. I understand where you coming from on theory, but???
Maybe ask it in the Hitec forum, Mike will answer it.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by seamus0g
Sorry Jon, was just joking around with ya.

So my advice to the guy with the servo that isn’t centering (and you have determined the steering isn’t binding) is don’t just go run off and buy another high dollar replacement. Open the case and check the gears. Airtronics sells replacement gears, which are much less expensive than a new servo.

That servo is brand new I only ran it twice and it won't center after turning left. I have a Hitec HS-5925MG in my TC3 so I put that in this weekend and that made a world of difference. I think I am going to stick with Hitec because I have them in all my other cars as well and have been happy.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by bbntc3
I had to buy a $200 programmer to cure the problems even with the digital stuff. But I can say it does center perfect now!
bbntc3 How do you like that programmer? Is it easy to use I have been thinking of getting one myself.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:37 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I've really been loving the Futaba S9550 servos. I have them in both my Losi electric sedans and now in my Nitro TC3 as well. If memory serves, they are .11 sec with 83 oz. of torque. There are beefier servos out there for sure, but nothing beats the low profile (the case is about 3/5 the size of a standard servo) and light weight.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so I'm a sellout!

Originally posted by seamus0g
Hey Old School, do you ever race down at RCCAR?
Used to race @ Castle a couple of years back. Just got to be too many people and clashing egos down there, so I took a break. Ran up at Delta a lot (esp. off-road). Now I am checking out Lemans RC over in Fremont.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.