Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kurly
Ya, hes OK sometimes.............LOL.........Man some thanks I get.....LOL
Glad to hear everything is working out for you.......Kurly
I am only ok when I hang out with Kurly. lol
Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 AM
-_-
Tech Rookie

hi guys... does anyone know if idm con-rod are interchangeable with mega zx12 engine? Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by -_-
hi guys... does anyone know if idm con-rod are interchangeable with mega zx12 engine? Thanks!
yes it is but only if your Mega ZX engine is a DSII+ but if its the first vesion no it will not work ,the pin on the piston is smaller..
Old 12-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi... just to check does 2008 orion crf .12 engine carb and idm carb the same? what actually i want to know is the carb inlet diamenter the same?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default can't hold idle

hi,
my idm 12evo3 can't hold a stable idle...the moment i let off the throttle; it'll just die off. if i throttle from about 1/4 to max, it's ok.

however, if i adjust the idle screw to have a 2-3mm gap; it seems ok but isn't 2-3mm idle gap too much?

is it caused by the lsn being too rich or too lean? how to tell?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroWD
hi,
my idm 12evo3 can't hold a stable idle...the moment i let off the throttle; it'll just die off. if i throttle from about 1/4 to max, it's ok.

however, if i adjust the idle screw to have a 2-3mm gap; it seems ok but isn't 2-3mm idle gap too much?

is it caused by the lsn being too rich or too lean? how to tell?

Your needle settings are what seem to be wrong. Also check to see if everything else is ok as well. Make sure no air leaks in the fuel line as well and then just reset the needles and start over. You may be chasing the needles at this point. Turn the HSN to flush with the needle housing and then turn the LSN to around 3mm out of the housing as well. With the adapter for the servo connection on. This is where it will protrude from. These are rich settings so work from there with the HSN first get that set so the engine pulls strong down the straight then move to the LSN and work with the idle. Raise the idle so it runs and then make sure the engine has good smoke of the corner for about 1/4 of the length from the turn to the next turn this will me slightly rich but then you can set the idle and work on fine tuning it. If you need some more help PM me.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

when re setting if your low speed needle is easy to turn you may need new oring's, there only $4 for 6 i just replaced mine
Old 12-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

listen to jerry (xspower) he's a master on these idm piccos.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does idm work well with nova carb? or it will give more trobule to tunning? Thanks!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xspower
Your needle settings are what seem to be wrong. Also check to see if everything else is ok as well. Make sure no air leaks in the fuel line as well and then just reset the needles and start over. You may be chasing the needles at this point. Turn the HSN to flush with the needle housing and then turn the LSN to around 3mm out of the housing as well. With the adapter for the servo connection on. This is where it will protrude from. These are rich settings so work from there with the HSN first get that set so the engine pulls strong down the straight then move to the LSN and work with the idle. Raise the idle so it runs and then make sure the engine has good smoke of the corner for about 1/4 of the length from the turn to the next turn this will me slightly rich but then you can set the idle and work on fine tuning it. If you need some more help PM me.
hi xs,thankyou for yr reply; i'll try again and see how it goes.

so it's ok for the idle gap to be large as to get the engine to idle without stalling and work on the hsn 1st?

what's the supposed/stock idle gap for yr above mentioned stock lsn and hsn settings?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

I have never seen a set gap. We can get close with the size but all engines are different. I will get some more info and post it. It can be a little large not excessive if this is the case there is another issue. But do not be afraid to turn the idle speed up a little. And yes it is ok to get the idle going and work with the HSN. But keep in mind that you want to get that set as quick as you can or as close to being set. The key to this is to get the engine running on the starter and then get the idle somewhat decent. Not sceaming high. Get the engine warm then run the car on the track. 2 laps fast as you can drive do not wreck the car. Set the needle with these laps 2 at a time slow down in the infield you are working only with the HSN. The work with the LSN after you have to good power. Then when you work with the LSN work with the idle this will also change as you change the LSN. Remember that the engine does not tune like a Nova it runs a little leaner on top and richer on bottom.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default leaking carb?

hi xs,
something about the carb 'neck' which goes into the engine...
there's a gasket at the neck; will this gasket be visible after installing the carb into the engine? or this gasket shld actually goes 'into' the engine and not visible at all?

i discovered that there're oil around the 'neck' area.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

You should see the gasket but nothing more. It should be compressed. The carb fits tight into the engine. If there is a leak this will also make your needle settings all off. Make sure the carb is seated in. If the carb body does not go in all the way take some real fine sand paper wet/dry maube 600 grit or higher. And clean up the small aluminum area on the bottom then the carb will go into the engine a little smother also use some light oil for the neck when installing. So it will work past the oring in the engine case.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Usually with Picco based carbs if you are having to turn the idle way up to keep it running then the LSN is too rich. Lean the bottom and if the motor starts to get a lean hesitation then richen the top.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

If you set the needles with low speed to lean you will end up with a lean engine at about 2 min into a race or qual. if you are pushing the car. The engine has to be rich on the bottom to keep the engine cool. If you richen the top in a effort to make a large change in engine temp to the engine you will slow the engine down as the top now will be to lean. The engines do not tun like a Nova engine or Sirio's They use the low speed needle to keep the engine cool. The engines normally will have a larger idle gap then any others due to the rich low speed. This does not at all mean that the engine should be stumbling rich of the corner it should be crisp and smooth with alot of smoke like I said earlier. If you are stumbling rich on the bottom then do as Sean stated above and lean bottom and very slightly richen the top. And I mean small amount for the top needle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.