NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, ChrisP.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I want to change my top deck to try and get rid of the tweak issue. But I dont know if I should get the team pickles one or the CRC one. They both would fit fine on the stock chassis.

Anybody have any comments?
Old 02-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
I want to change my top deck to try and get rid of the tweak issue. But I dont know if I should get the team pickles one or the CRC one. They both would fit fine on the stock chassis.

Anybody have any comments?
I put the Team pickles one on at the birds and it was dialed. It made the car super stiff and I dont think there is anyway in hell you can tweak it with that top deck. The holes are so tight you will need to open them up slightly to get the screws to fit but it works great that way....It will NOT tweak becasue there is no where for the screws to move in the top deck!!

EA
Old 02-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

What size and pitch spur does the T2 come with out of the box? What is a recommened pinion size? (Ozite Carpet, Foams, Stock: Monster Pro). I was planning on picking one up today but I forgot my work moved my checks to Friday so I must wait another day

I also cleaned and freshed up my motor on my Lathe today, replaced brushes, and lubed her all up...I got 6 Amps (On 2 Volts) out of it on the Break-In. I heard thats VERY good...is this true?

When I pick it up I would be using the Hitec: HS620MG Super Torque servo (I think thats the model, it was $40). I will use that until I can afford a nice $100 dollar one. I was planning on buying a Novak GTS with a Spectrm radio system next week too. Then I will be all set right? Will that Servo do fine? I really don't got the cash to buy a 100 dollar servo. Im still in highschool and working for my real car payments and I have a girlfriend .

Also when I build this (my 2nd car I built next to my TC4). Is there any tips or anything I should look out for? I will be using Ozite w/ Foams. Anything I should double check I did right on XRAY's or?

Thanks for everything- Mike.

*EDIT*- Also, how does everyone feel about the G6 Body? I plan on getting one of those when I pick up the T2...
Old 02-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
What size and pitch spur does the T2 come with out of the box? What is a recommened pinion size? (Ozite Carpet, Foams, Stock: Monster Pro). I was planning on picking one up today but I forgot my work moved my checks to Friday so I must wait another day

I also cleaned and freshed up my motor on my Lathe today, replaced brushes, and lubed her all up...I got 6 Amps (On 2 Volts) out of it on the Break-In. I heard thats VERY good...is this true?

When I pick it up I would be using the Hitec: HS620MG Super Torque servo (I think thats the model, it was $40). I will use that until I can afford a nice $100 dollar one. I was planning on buying a Novak GTS with a Spectrm radio system next week too. Then I will be all set right? Will that Servo do fine? I really don't got the cash to buy a 100 dollar servo. Im still in highschool and working for my real car payments and I have a girlfriend .

Also when I build this (my 2nd car I built next to my TC4). Is there any tips or anything I should look out for? I will be using Ozite w/ Foams. Anything I should double check I did right on XRAY's or?

Thanks for everything- Mike.

*EDIT*- Also, how does everyone feel about the G6 Body? I plan on getting one of those when I pick up the T2...
Go to Larry's and ask Bobby, pick up the G6 (I love mine) and leave the Spectrum there. Use the money for tires or a better speed control.

Ted
Old 02-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Bobby is the shorter kid that always wears the hat right? He's who I been talking to, I know Mike S. also knows alot about TC's. Why leave the Spectrm there? I NEED some kind of Radio. All I have is a RTR Airtronics...

What kind of Radio system do you reccommend? Anything in maybe the $100 dollar range that has all the settings I need?

That would be cool if there was so I could be saving some extra money for more tires and stuff, but I got plenty of unopened TRC pairs still though so Im not too worried but you can never have enough!

I used a XRAY T104FK and I really liked the GTS that it had. Until I can get the new LRP that will be coming out soon the GTS is really the cheapest/best option there is isnt it? Although that is what Chris from larrys told me, Im not too sure if he knows what hes talking about

-Mike

Im also buming cause my TC4 is crap and I need to set it up still. Im going to be sitting there building the T2 while its Race Night, instend of racing!!!! ERR. Well at least next week I will I guess I could get some advice from a few T2 drivers there on Friday while building...although I don't think there are any T2 drivers, maybe one or two.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Bobby is the shorter kid that always wears the hat right? He's who I been talking to...
That's Jack.He's a good guy.
Bobby is the tall fella with light hair.
Either one will be able to help you out.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

anyone using the tamiya shocks on the t2???

part #???
Old 02-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I put the Team pickles one on at the birds and it was dialed. It made the car super stiff and I dont think there is anyway in hell you can tweak it with that top deck. The holes are so tight you will need to open them up slightly to get the screws to fit but it works great that way....It will NOT tweak becasue there is no where for the screws to move in the top deck!!

EA
Thanks EA. Thats what I wanted to hear either that it was countersunk or that the holes were really small so there would be no play in the top-deck.

Did anyone ever get a direct answer from X-Ray about why they drilled the holes in the top deck so darn large or did not countersink them?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone on that Spur/Pinion question?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Thanks EA. Thats what I wanted to hear either that it was countersunk or that the holes were really small so there would be no play in the top-deck.

Did anyone ever get a direct answer from X-Ray about why they drilled the holes in the top deck so darn large or did not countersink them?
No problem...The new style CRC is the same way and works well as well.

The holes in the stock top deck are the same as they have always used in their graphite componets.... They did not countersink them because some areas do not have much material around them for it. I never really experienced any tweak with my stock one except on very very had impacts....but those would tweak most cars anyway.

EA
Old 02-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris08527
anyone using the tamiya shocks on the t2???

part #???
I do, they fit perfectly with the new lower shock ball joint (308316).

The part # is 49294 (red) http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=270&id=1597
Old 02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

I got a set of these http://cgi.ebay.com/Topcad-50111S-Oi...QQcmdZViewItem

just like the Tamiya ones but a lot cheaper. Had the for a month on my 05 and seem to work just fine
Old 02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone on that Spur/Pinion question?

84 tooth 48 pitch spur is stock in the kit. I would start out with a 20 tooth pinion and go form there. I ran an Express Atlas this past weekend with a rather flowing track and ran a 21/84 ( 6.80 final ratio, on rubber tires ).
Old 02-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am using Tamiya shocks on my T2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.