Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

PM or email me: [email protected] A friend is looking for one.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default MTX3 FOR SALE

Open to those living in the So Cal area!! Car used 1 race day @ Crystal Park Raceway.

Car includes the following no eletronics/mtr!

-New Mugen 4mm chassis (recently installed NEW)
-Aluminum mtr mount
-Aluminum side brace
-Aluminum hex hubs
-Front universals
-Xtra spurs 46/42
-Xtra pinions 17/21
-Springs frt and rear grey/purple sets
-Silver rear swaybar
-Lower frt and rear arms (1 set)
-Front steering blocks ( 1 set)
-Rear uprights (1 set)
-Diff gear set to build front diff w/out front bearings
-New Fast tires front 26mm 40 (4 pairs), 42 (2 pairs), Rears 30mm 40 (3 pairs), and 42 (2 pairs).

Everything worth over $760, price not yet set should be way below listed price. E-mail me if your interested!

Thanx Carl.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-mtx3.jpg  
Old 03-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Carl:

Your PM'ing is disabled and there is no email address.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Chris: try it again sorry!

Here's another pic w/body.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-mtx3-2.jpg  
Old 03-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Chris you got mail!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Brakes and Front Gears

I finally got the clutch straigten out (I think). the screw is about 1-2mm outside the nut but it has a decent acceleration, I just put Racer's Edge one way bearing lube every other tank.

This car runs great and has excellent handling. It's just hard to get used to one having the one way though. But a lot of people like it coz it has that drifting effect. Not good on tires though.

My problem is that I sanded the pads a bit and I even sanded the ninja start vent disk but the brakes still drag a bit. Sometimes it moves somewhat freely but sometimes it just drags.

Also, Anybody know the front diff gear set part number? I just need the gears right or do I need a different housing than the one that came with the kit?

your help has always been grately appreciated
Old 03-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

That was kwick Carl, is it Yoke time? BTW I meant to ask you last weekend, who paints your bodies? They're really nice!

Last edited by kevink2; 03-25-2003 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kevin: yeah received an offer I couldn't refuse from another mfg! I paint my own bodies w/ the aid of parma masking.. BTW are you Karsikk? If so your painting are the sh*# also! Always admired your paint jobs since the So Cal electric days.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Yep. You do an awesome job, man, it looks totally pro. That's also great regarding the offer, congrats!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Brakes and Front Gears

Originally posted by Sike
I finally got the clutch straigten out (I think). the screw is about 1-2mm outside the nut but it has a decent acceleration, I just put Racer's Edge one way bearing lube every other tank.

This car runs great and has excellent handling. It's just hard to get used to one having the one way though. But a lot of people like it coz it has that drifting effect. Not good on tires though.

My problem is that I sanded the pads a bit and I even sanded the ninja start vent disk but the brakes still drag a bit. Sometimes it moves somewhat freely but sometimes it just drags.

Also, Anybody know the front diff gear set part number? I just need the gears right or do I need a different housing than the one that came with the kit?

You can use the housing that comes with the housing BUT change the screws to a longer and wider cap. If not the diff oil will sure to leak
Old 03-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Brakes and Front Gears

Originally posted by Sike

The brakes need to be sanded down quiet abit. Also, you should notice after 1 day of racing, they should not bind anymore. I would just leave them, run the car for awhile and check them. Most of the guys at our track had this problem, but after a hard days racing, the car's drivetrain loosened up quiet a bit. If they still bind, it could be a problem with the way you have your brake linkage setup.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Brakes and Front Gears

Originally posted by Novarossi
The brakes need to be sanded down quiet abit. Also, you should notice after 1 day of racing, they should not bind anymore. I would just leave them, run the car for awhile and check them. Most of the guys at our track had this problem, but after a hard days racing, the car's drivetrain loosened up quiet a bit. If they still bind, it could be a problem with the way you have your brake linkage setup.
the main reason of brake blinding is because of the steel brake pad backing plate is not perfectly flat. the plate is curve due to the manufactoring process. check it on a flat glass top to see that the plate is uneven and curve. simply use your finger to twist the backing plate until it is almost flat and the problem is fixed.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kevink2
Yep. You do an awesome job, man, it looks totally pro. That's also great regarding the offer, congrats!
Thanx Kevin!
Old 03-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Brakes and Front Gears

Originally posted by Manticore
the main reason of brake blinding is because of the steel brake pad backing plate is not perfectly flat. the plate is curve due to the manufactoring process. check it on a flat glass top to see that the plate is uneven and curve. simply use your finger to twist the backing plate until it is almost flat and the problem is fixed.
Once again Master Moon saves the day
Old 03-26-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have done up my kit but havent got time to run it.
But i notice the 'clicking' sound coming from the front near the one-way pulley only when i roll the car backwards. Anyone knows why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.