Mugen MTX-3

Reply

Old 03-25-2003, 02:13 PM
  #2626  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 161
Default

PM or email me: [email protected] A friend is looking for one.
ChrisF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:14 PM
  #2627  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default MTX3 FOR SALE

Open to those living in the So Cal area!! Car used 1 race day @ Crystal Park Raceway.

Car includes the following no eletronics/mtr!

-New Mugen 4mm chassis (recently installed NEW)
-Aluminum mtr mount
-Aluminum side brace
-Aluminum hex hubs
-Front universals
-Xtra spurs 46/42
-Xtra pinions 17/21
-Springs frt and rear grey/purple sets
-Silver rear swaybar
-Lower frt and rear arms (1 set)
-Front steering blocks ( 1 set)
-Rear uprights (1 set)
-Diff gear set to build front diff w/out front bearings
-New Fast tires front 26mm 40 (4 pairs), 42 (2 pairs), Rears 30mm 40 (3 pairs), and 42 (2 pairs).

Everything worth over $760, price not yet set should be way below listed price. E-mail me if your interested!

Thanx Carl.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-mtx3.jpg  
CSF0623 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:15 PM
  #2628  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 161
Default

Carl:

Your PM'ing is disabled and there is no email address.
ChrisF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:34 PM
  #2629  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Chris: try it again sorry!

Here's another pic w/body.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-mtx3-2.jpg  
CSF0623 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:09 PM
  #2630  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Chris you got mail!
CSF0623 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:37 PM
  #2631  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 24
Default Brakes and Front Gears

I finally got the clutch straigten out (I think). the screw is about 1-2mm outside the nut but it has a decent acceleration, I just put Racer's Edge one way bearing lube every other tank.

This car runs great and has excellent handling. It's just hard to get used to one having the one way though. But a lot of people like it coz it has that drifting effect. Not good on tires though.

My problem is that I sanded the pads a bit and I even sanded the ninja start vent disk but the brakes still drag a bit. Sometimes it moves somewhat freely but sometimes it just drags.

Also, Anybody know the front diff gear set part number? I just need the gears right or do I need a different housing than the one that came with the kit?

your help has always been grately appreciated
Sike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:38 PM
  #2632  
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

That was kwick Carl, is it Yoke time? BTW I meant to ask you last weekend, who paints your bodies? They're really nice!

Last edited by kevink2; 03-25-2003 at 03:50 PM.
kevink2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:38 PM
  #2633  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Kevin: yeah received an offer I couldn't refuse from another mfg! I paint my own bodies w/ the aid of parma masking.. BTW are you Karsikk? If so your painting are the sh*# also! Always admired your paint jobs since the So Cal electric days.
CSF0623 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:05 PM
  #2634  
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Yep. You do an awesome job, man, it looks totally pro. That's also great regarding the offer, congrats!
kevink2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:09 PM
  #2635  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 140
Default Re: Brakes and Front Gears

Originally posted by Sike
I finally got the clutch straigten out (I think). the screw is about 1-2mm outside the nut but it has a decent acceleration, I just put Racer's Edge one way bearing lube every other tank.

This car runs great and has excellent handling. It's just hard to get used to one having the one way though. But a lot of people like it coz it has that drifting effect. Not good on tires though.

My problem is that I sanded the pads a bit and I even sanded the ninja start vent disk but the brakes still drag a bit. Sometimes it moves somewhat freely but sometimes it just drags.

Also, Anybody know the front diff gear set part number? I just need the gears right or do I need a different housing than the one that came with the kit?

your help has always been grately appreciated
You can use the housing that comes with the housing BUT change the screws to a longer and wider cap. If not the diff oil will sure to leak
darthkir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:36 PM
  #2636  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Re: Brakes and Front Gears

Originally posted by Sike
I finally got the clutch straigten out (I think). the screw is about 1-2mm outside the nut but it has a decent acceleration, I just put Racer's Edge one way bearing lube every other tank.

This car runs great and has excellent handling. It's just hard to get used to one having the one way though. But a lot of people like it coz it has that drifting effect. Not good on tires though.

My problem is that I sanded the pads a bit and I even sanded the ninja start vent disk but the brakes still drag a bit. Sometimes it moves somewhat freely but sometimes it just drags.

Also, Anybody know the front diff gear set part number? I just need the gears right or do I need a different housing than the one that came with the kit?

your help has always been grately appreciated
The brakes need to be sanded down quiet abit. Also, you should notice after 1 day of racing, they should not bind anymore. I would just leave them, run the car for awhile and check them. Most of the guys at our track had this problem, but after a hard days racing, the car's drivetrain loosened up quiet a bit. If they still bind, it could be a problem with the way you have your brake linkage setup.
Michael_T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:42 PM
  #2637  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Brakes and Front Gears

Originally posted by Novarossi
The brakes need to be sanded down quiet abit. Also, you should notice after 1 day of racing, they should not bind anymore. I would just leave them, run the car for awhile and check them. Most of the guys at our track had this problem, but after a hard days racing, the car's drivetrain loosened up quiet a bit. If they still bind, it could be a problem with the way you have your brake linkage setup.
the main reason of brake blinding is because of the steel brake pad backing plate is not perfectly flat. the plate is curve due to the manufactoring process. check it on a flat glass top to see that the plate is uneven and curve. simply use your finger to twist the backing plate until it is almost flat and the problem is fixed.
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:39 PM
  #2638  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by kevink2
Yep. You do an awesome job, man, it looks totally pro. That's also great regarding the offer, congrats!
Thanx Kevin!
CSF0623 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 09:09 PM
  #2639  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Brakes and Front Gears

Originally posted by Manticore
the main reason of brake blinding is because of the steel brake pad backing plate is not perfectly flat. the plate is curve due to the manufactoring process. check it on a flat glass top to see that the plate is uneven and curve. simply use your finger to twist the backing plate until it is almost flat and the problem is fixed.
Once again Master Moon saves the day
Michael_T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:53 PM
  #2640  
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

i have done up my kit but havent got time to run it.
But i notice the 'clicking' sound coming from the front near the one-way pulley only when i roll the car backwards. Anyone knows why?
RClover is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service